Good

After discovering Lawrence House we would never stay anywhere else in Blackpool

Reviewed Sun 24th of March 2013

"We've stayed with Wayne and Peter on numerous occasions and have thoroughly enjoyed our visits. The rooms are of a really high standard of comfort and decoration, as is the rest of the hotel, cleanliness and hygiene is first rate. As a straight couple we must say that we are always made to feel very welcome by the hosts and other guests. The breakfasts are amazing - their sausages are a real treat! Nothing is too much trouble for Wayne and Peter and we would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice, clean, friendly place to stay in Blackpool. As regular visitors we are made to feel more like friends than guests. We have stayed in alot of other hotels in Blackpool but after discovering Lawrence House we would never stay anywhere else now."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of February 2010

What a hotel stay should be.

Reviewed Sat 23rd of March 2013

"Fourth time I have stayed with the guys at Lawrence House. What can I say. Clean, comfortable, tastefully decorated, excellent service, fantastic breakfast, nothing is to much trouble. Feels like coming home when you arrive. Thanks guys well done and look forward to next visit."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of February 2010

home comforts and every little detail well thought out for extra touches

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"i normally stay at another hotel in blackpool,which was closed and i came across the hotel on the internet.the photos looked inviting so i booked in for one night.the minute you walk through the door you can appreciate the thought and hard work in making the hotel into a little gem.really homely and spotlessly clean.i was met by one of the owners on arrival who was very pleasant and would make anybody feel relaxed on arrival.the room had double bed in for a single.tea coffee biscuits and a chocolate.toileteries that were of good quality and even a small packet of tissues.the breakfast was very good,the sausage and bacon excellent quality and big pot of tea which i even got another pot.lovely relaxing stay.however you come across a hotel when you find one like this you will soon become a returning loyal customer"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of January 2010

Made my trip to Blackpool the best!

Reviewed Wed 20th of March 2013

"Stayed 2 nights at Lawrence House and it definitely made my stay in Blackpool. Didn't pick a great time of year for my first trip but Peter and Wayne made my experience fab. With their great hospitality, excellent food and very tastefully and well-decorated propertyl, I was made to feel very much at home (with the added features of little extras in the room . . . even a little chocolate on the pillow when I arrived!). Very nice little touches! I would definitely recommend Lawrence House to anyone visiting Blackpool. Situated only a block away from the sea, location is also ideal as it's peaceful enough to relax without being far from the action."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of January 2010

What Blackpool has been waiting for.

Reviewed Tue 19th of March 2013

"I have never written a review before, but I had to comment on a wonderful time I spent over Christmas & the New Year. I have stayed at a number of other gay hotels in Blackpool, but this hotel is just what Blackpool has been waiting for.
The rooms are clean, comfortable, well appointed and well furnished. The decor has been carefully planned, and after being shown a number of the other rooms as well, has been finished to a very good standard.
They have incorporated antique furniture with modern touches, and feels like being at home. The bar & dining area has also been nicely decorated, but has lots of nice victoriana, and not the normal cheap and cheerful knick-knacks cluttering the place. They have a good selection of drinks in the bar, and the food & wine menus are great, and excellent prices.
Oh, and the home cooked food is delicious! From the moment I arrived to the moment I left, I was made to feel welcome, and the hosts Peter & Wayne were friendly, approachable, and gave lots of advice on what to do and where to go.
If anyone reads this and wants to visit Blackpool, I would seriously advise you come and stay here. I loved it, and the next time I am in Blackpool I am making sure I stay here."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of January 2010

Lawrence House rocks!!

Reviewed Thu 21st of March 2013

"Just spent a fabulous weekend in Blackpool staying at Lawrence House, the place is spotless, the food is excellent, the atmoshere is relaxed & the guys that own & run the place went out of their way to make our stay wonderful!! Thanks, Peter & Wayne, I'll DEFINITELY be staying with you again in the future!"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of October 2009

A Gem as gorgeous as this is hard to find!

Reviewed Sat 13th of October 2012

"we booked very late for this last minute trip and are always wary when going to Blackpool to stay somewhere new. Im delighted to say this place more than beat any reservations wh had. On arrival you are instantly hit with the immaculate clean entrance was which is very modern and exceptionally well decorated. The welcome from the guys was very friendly and warm. Our amazment was increased even more when they showed us up to our room. It was one of if not the best rooms I have even had in Blackpool. Very spacious and immaculately decorated. Some very nice extra touches, shower supplies, tisssues. nice quality biscuits, really good towels etc.
We decided to have the hotel food and again we were not dissapointed, very nice home cooked food and all fresh vegetables. - Very nice!
We also decided to use the bar for a pre going out drink and virtually decided not to go out as we were having such a good time chatting with the lads and having a drink

Well done guys! your hotel is amazing and we will be back!"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of October 2009

Reviewed Fri 22nd of March 2013

"Great location right on the sea front, 5 minutes from the train station and a short walk to the North Pier and Tower.
Excellent hosts Peter and Wayne they go out of thier way for you even make you smile.
Food wonderful and plenty of it, a lovely breakfast and eveing meal also a well stocked bar.
Nice rooms espeically the Sandiacre Suite very comfortable."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of September 2009

fabulous service and value for money

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"This is definitely the best small hotel/B&B I have ever stayed in. The whole place has been done up recently to a very high standard. Decorations, facilities, linens, beds, bathrooms are excellent. Rooms are sufficiently sized but still homey. The hosts Peter and Wayne were very welcoming and helpful, full of smiles and joviality, and went out of their way to help us with small details like getting to the station for an early train, catering for special diets (and that of one member of our group was about as strange as you can get), or giving straightforward advice on restaurants. Breakfast - hearty or healthy or both, as you wish, is served at the very civilized time of 10-10.30, but they are quite happy to wake up at the crack of dawn if needed. We ate in one evening as well, and can recommend the simple, delicious and healthy home-cooking. The place advertises itself as gay-owned and gay-oriented, but most of our group were straight, and all of us felt just as welcome and comfortable. We were in Blackpool for the punk festival (yes, they are punk-friendly too), and greatly appreciated the relaxing atmosphere and home comforts to come back to each night. Really excellent value for money, I hope they prosper; and we will definitely be back."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of August 2009