About La Tour

Good
Good

food not good

Reviewed Wed 25th of July 2018

"my mam stayed here last week arrived mon to sat with a group of other women the food was really bad they was eating out or buying sandwiches to eat in there rooms this is so bad my mam is not a fussy eater at all one day it was sausage casserole shes never had that in her life it spoiled a good week for them"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of July 2018

Great weekend

Reviewed Tue 24th of April 2018

"Myself and me wife stayed for two nights at th la tour what a fantastic hotel it is ideally placed for easy walk to all the main attraction every member of the staff are really polite and helpful hotel its self is clean as is the room food was also lovely we will book back again the one down side is the parking there's is limited parking in the street and 24 hours parking close by but I think that because of how near you are to the centre this is why over all I would recommend this hotel to anyone"

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of April 2017

great hotel

Reviewed Thu 22nd of September 2016

"Stayed for 4 nights few weeks ago and would go back when next in Blackpool the hotel clean friendly staff with great location. It was a lovely happy group of staff the food was lovely too.

Bernadette & Danny Belfast"

• Travel date: Tue 13th of September 2016

love the latour and its great staff

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"when at blackpool for a wedding i had a great time staying here: the caberet in the evening was hilarious fun, though when i had to retire early as i have a young son, the room was quiet and peacful. the staff were happy and cheery and helpful and the dining room and service in it was bright and welcoming. i would stay at the latour again when i visit blackpool again."

• Travel date: Sat 8th of September 2007

Great Little Hotel

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"What a fantastic little gem of a hotel.

The rooms are very comfortable and I guess recently renovated, as they looked immaculate. Plenty of room when your in it, but get out and about. You are in Blackpool afterall.

The other public areas of the Hotel and warm and welcoming. A great service can be had at the bar and some evenings, some even greater entertainment. Look out for Darren Shaw, great vocal talents and Karen Fell, fabulous singer.

The food in wonderful. Very well cooked and presented. It was nice to have some food that tasted home cooked and not taste like done in some mass kitchen, like some hotels.

Location!!!! Well, you can't get much better. Its about a 2 minute walk to the main shopping area and central entertainment venues, like the Winter Garden. Yet another 40 seconds walk away from the shops is the promenade and beach front.

Una, I think, is the owner and very good at what she does. So we look forward to seeing you again in December."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of September 2007

The best hotel to go to

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"Well contrary to what the lady from earlier review has said, i beg to differ!! This hotel for me is one of the very best for value for money, excellent standards in food presentation,rooms are very comfortable with everything that you need being provided for you,the staff will do anything that has been asked of them to make your stay as perfect as the hotel itself, great Cabaret nights and raffles etc.,Una,Billy and heather and the rest of the staff there are just great people and they are a very warm,friendly family run hotel,and i will always go to the Latour when i go to Blackpool as i feel you could not get a better service any other place for the prices they charge in the Latour any where else in Blackpool, at the standards that are so very highly delivered!! Definately the hotel to go to if you want a great holiday experience in Blackpool, you will not be dissapointed i can tell you !!!!FANTASTIC PLACE TO GO!!!! You would not be dissapointed. Roseann Clark Kirriemuir Angus Scotland"

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of August 2007

Terrific Time

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"Our family have visited Blackpool for the last 6 years but first time we have stayed at this hotel. Our party consisted of myself,my husband, our three teenage children and three grandparents (pensioners.) Our rooms were very clean, spacious and had recently been refurbished. Meals were excellent........we are very particular when eating out and would give this hotel 10/10 for meals. Must also compliment on dining- room staff who were so friendly and made our meal-times a treat!
With the hotel being so idealy situated, the older teenagers ventured to the promenade and piers in the evening, while the younger joined us in the hotel lounge. Evening entertainment in this hotel is the best we have seen..................the cabaret acts were brilliant...........we have stayed in bigger hotels but never seen acts to match those who appeared at La Tour. In between acts, Billy was a terrific host each evening keeping guests entertained with regular bingo and karaoke. Jude in the lounge/bar was really friendly and full of fun helping to create a great atmosphere!
Must say a big thanks to Una and Billy. They work so hard to ensure their guests have a great holiday.
Our family had an absolutely terrific time..............would definately go back to this hotel.
Highly recommend for anyone visiting Blackpool.
(Forbes Family , Aberdeen)"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2007

Not a good experience

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"I can't believe the other reviews on this site!!! I stayed here with 3 friends while attending a 3-day fitness convention at the Winter Gardens. Despite being told the hotel had just undergone refurbishment (where?) our rooms were shabby and dated; the carpets were threadbare and coming off the stairs; the heat at night in the corridors, as well as in the rooms, was unbearable; yet the water in the morning was only ever luke-warm.

Our welcome was also far from warm and we were told in no uncertain terms we had to pay cash in full before we could check into our rooms
- no card payments despite the card machine clearly visible on the front desk. The lady on reception insisted this was communicated when
we made the booking but it most certainly wasn't or we would have made sure we had cash and didn't have to go out looking for cash machines late at night.

Breakfast arrangments were very confusing - we were told at check-in that breakfast wouldn't be served until after 8 - not much use when you need to be out of the hotel before then. However, on venturing down to the dining room on the first morning, breakfast was clearly served well before then. To be fair to the hotel, breakfast was generally good and served by friendly staff.

However, our overall experience was not positive and we will certainly not be staying here again."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of March 2007

Couldn't have asked for better!!

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Came to Blackpool booked into another hotel but there was a problem and we got moved here. Best move ever!! The staff would do anyhthing for you, the hotel itself was clean and the rooms not poky! The meals were the best I've ever had in Blackpool and I have stayed at a number of hotels through the years but this will be my port of call every time from now on if I can help it!!! Excellent and many thanks to owner, Una and her very helpful staff!!"

• Travel date: Tue 31st of October 2006

Christmas at La Tour - wonderful

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"Hosts couldn't do enough for us. Good quality food, served quickly by very friendly staff, but not too quick that you had to bolt down the food - lots of time to savour it. Plenty of freebies not even mentioned on the programme - drinks, gifts and so on. Great entertainment throughout - never even have to cross the door, unless you want to. Close to the shops for bargains (less than 5 mins) or to walk on the Promenade. Definitely would return as service excellent."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of May 2005

Friendly and cosy

Reviewed Sat 13th of October 2012

"Stayed here in October 2003 for the illuminations.This was a great hotel the staff were very friendly and helpful. The bar stayed open late at night, so when you came back in at night you could sit down and relax with a drink and have a laugh and some entertainment. The rooms were nice and warm and very clean, all ensuite of course. Unlimited tea and coffee in your room and you could come in at whatever time you wanted. Ready to book again for September, can't wait. Very near everywhere it is situated just behind the tower."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of August 2004

excellent - 5 stars

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"Have stayed at La Tour numerous times, firstly on my hen night and then also with my husband and later my family. Each time has been lovely - the owners are wonderful and very welcoming, the food is out of this wrold - i always put on a few pounds after my stay :) - and the hotel itself is very clean and central to everything. I coudn't say a bad word about the place. They also have a website now too - --- which has all their information, so I hope this helps anyone else out there looking for them."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of June 2004

Hotels near La Tour

Top traveller tips for La Tour

• Angiemc59 by Angiemc59

"If traveling by car do some research and find 24 hour parking "