About Hotel Sheraton

• table tennis
  • indoor pool
  • special diet menus
  • board games puzzles
  • free public parking nearby
  • billiards
  • bicycles available
  • books dvds music for children
  • evening entertainment

very good place to stay

Reviewed Tue 3rd of February 2015

"Me and my young son stayed only for one night, what a shame we both wanted to stay longer, i will be going back again this year and hopefully get the chance to stay a few days,it realy winds me up why people put this place down, it does not smell at all the place is spotless, cant wait to go again."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of February 2015

Very Disappointing

Reviewed Sat 4th of August 2012

"This hotel looks fine on the web,when you arrive you get a reality check, reception is tidy with fairly helpful staff, the cleaners do their best with what they have to work with. Our room was small, very hot and smelly, the room needed decorating, the bedding,curtains and carpet were worn and faded, no duvets just pink prickly blankets, no shower,no phone, asked for room with sea view, we had a window but the double glazing had blown so window was misted, The food was very good, cooked well nicely presented and served by friendly efficient staff, the bar was well stocked with mainly friendly staff but one barman seemed to have a problem, think he took bets on how rude he could be, parking is another adventure, if you cant get on small car park at front of hotel, you could end up parked quite a long away from hotel,"

• Travel date: Sat 4th of August 2012

What a smell!

Reviewed Mon 14th of January 2013

"Stayed in the Sheraton Lodge which is actually at the back of the Sheraton Hotel.

There are restaurant / bar facilities in the lodge but these were closed so had to go across to the Sheraton Hotel.

The smell hits you as soon as you walk into lounge area. Think of an old peoples home - THAT'S the kind of smell .... I went across in the morning to get some breakfast & I couldn't wait to get out of the restaurant."

• Travel date: Thu 24th of April 2008

Clacton Rotary on tour

Reviewed Mon 14th of January 2013

"Some 16 of us were in Blackpool for a conference and the hotel was recommended to us by a colleague who had stayed at the hotel earlier. We were all very pleased with the recommendation. The hotel is quite away from the Tower and Wintergardens but the Trams stopped right outside the front door.
Our rooms, all 8 of them, were spotlessly clean and well maintained every morning.
Undoubtably the highlite of our stay was the excellent food and service generally in the resturant. It could not have been bettered. In our case, we found that Evette and Danny our two staff were wonderful ambassadors for the hotel. With so many hotels in the town I think it doubtful if any could beat this one for price and service.
We shall be using this one on our next visit to Blackpool."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of April 2008

Excellent value

"Stayed at the Sheraton, on the 4th and 5th April, for our Golden
Wedding Anniversary, with all the family, 20 of us in all.
Couldn't fault the hotel, nothing to much trouble for the staff.
Food was excellent, and served to a high standed (hope the chef
sees this as I would love to know what he put in the mash it was
delicious) rooms were very clean. Good all round hotel with a nice relaxing atmosphere. Would definately recommend the
Sheraton"

• Travel date: Sat 12th of April 2008

Superb Value for money

Reviewed Thu 10th of January 2013

"Stayed at the Shearaton on the 4th April to 6th 08, arranged a family occasion, our parents 50th Wedding Anniversary. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpfull. The food was exeptional. Hotel very clean and comfortable. We would stay at the Shearaton again if we ever went back to Blackpool. Thanks again to the staff at the Shearaton as it has left especially our parents with lasting memories."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of April 2008

Never again!

Reviewed Tue 15th of January 2013

"The reception staff really need to go to charm school - it was so off putting after a long drive to be greeted (if that's what you can call it) by some slip of a girl with a bad attitude.
Absolutely ruined our stay - it just marred everything.
The rooms were clean enough, but tiny and dark and the food was not the best I have tasted.
I certainly will not be going there again and I will not be recommending it to others."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of April 2008

The Family

Reviewed Wed 9th of January 2013

"just come back from the sheraton hotel in blackpool. Had a great time, it's our second visit, and best yet. Kath our waitress was so lovely and friendly, and fantastic with our children,(Alex adored her). Food was lovely and rooms nice and clean. Fantastic all round for the money you pay. The swimming pool is nice and warm too."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of March 2008

Good value

Reviewed Mon 14th of January 2013

"We stayed at the Sheraton for two nights during the last weekend of the Lights.

The good points:

At £200, (or thereabouts), it was very good value for two adults and two children, considering that breakfast and evening meals were included.
Staff were quite friendly.
The hotel is well situated - a nice walk into town for the reasononably fit but away from the hustle and bustle, (next to the Doric and at the start of the Illuminations tableaux.)
The kids loved the children's disco

The not so good:

The bedroom was very hot and smelled strongly of smoke. (It hadn't occurred to me that smoking would be allowed in the bedrooms, so it was my fault for not asking)
The communal areas downstairs were well-kept and attractive, but the hallways on the way to our room and the room itself, although clean, needed refurbishing
The pool was tiny, and the water was far too warm. There was also nowhere to have a shower afterwards, (unless you count the cold shower on the poolside)

I might stay there again if the price was right, but only if I could get a non-smoking room. (Btw, The Sheraton's sister hotel, the Sheraton Lodge is non-smoking in all its rooms.)"

• Travel date: Fri 18th of January 2008

Very Friendly

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"The bedrooms could do with updating and new windows, but clean. The food was excellent and the staff so friendly. We went for a weekend to see the lights and celebrate my dads birthday. Kath our waitress was great and nothing was too much trouble. The kids where able to have smaller portions of the adult choices instead of the usual chips and chicken nuggets, which was great. Bit disappointed with the pool and changing facilities. But overall a lovely weekend break."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of October 2007

Family hotel ....I dont think so

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"Stayed here to see the famous Blackpool lights.Had stayed here before with my young family.The hotel states it is child friendly but dont believe it.My young son was actuall physically assalted by a fellow elderly guest which resulted in the police being called.Hotel staff no help and developed selected memory loss and tempery blindness and would not act as witness to incident.Hotel is not suitable for families and I urge any one with young children not to go.This Hotel appears to only care about the older generation and not the young people.We left the hotel in the early hours as we felt very uneasy and due to the fact that our room 358 stank of drains (do not stop in this room).The old woman who assalted my child may stay there again so no child is safe....DO N OT STAY HERE IT STINKS"

• Travel date: Sat 29th of September 2007

Treated like real guests.

Reviewed Mon 31st of December 2012

"My wife and I have recently enjoyed a mid-week break at the Sheraton, what a friendly and helpful lot are the staff, from the reception to the waitresses. Our room was clean and bright, the food was well prepared and the service excellent, in all a much enjoyed experience and will definately book with them again."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of September 2007