small, basic and too hot

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"Family members visited the hotel earlier in the year, and thought it was brilliant and couldnt praise it enough. Their room was on the ground floor and very clean. So we were disappointed when we saw our room. It was on the 1st floor and it was a squash to get into the doorway as the corridor was so narrow! When we got into the room we were overwhelmed by heat, the radiators were on on such a sunny day and there was no way of turning them down. Also the room itself was very small and basic, but fairly clean. The bathroom was almost as big as the actual room, and it was also clean. Our TV only had one channel and whenever someone stood up it would go out of tune and all fuzzy. Also, when we got to the hotel we asked for the keys for the carpark as we had reserved a place over the phone to park the car, but once we asked the receptionist told us that the hotel did not reserve car spaces, and we had to find another place to park! But on the good side, the meals were excellent and there was a lot of choice, the self service buffet was a good idea, and the nightly entertainment was good."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of October 2007

Wonderful time

Reviewed Sat 29th of December 2012

"I have just returned from a brillant holiday in Blackpool, staying at the Craig-y-don. Myself and my little girl spent 5 great nights at the hotel. It is the 3rd time we have been to the hotel and will be going again. The location (central sea front) is fab, the rooms are very clean and cosy, the food is brillant (diet starts tomoz!) the meals are buffet style so you can eat as much as you want and get just what the children want! The bar prices are very reasonble and all the staff are lovely and cannot do enough for you! The entertainment is ok but not really for a young child (my daughter is 4) but her and her new friends made the most of the lounge! We really did enjoy our stay at the hotel and everyone at Craig-y-don should be very proud of a super hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of August 2007

Friendly staff and clean

Good
Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"I have stayed at the Craig Y Don a number of times and always found the staff friendly, the rooms are basic but clean.
The hotel has entertainment in the evening, if the weathers bad you have no need to venture out. I would recommend the hotel and i have booked to go back in September for the lights.
The bar prices are also very reasonable and your not rushed.
The only suggestion i would make is that the TVs in the rooms are replaced, if you like to watch the TV the sets are a little dated."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of June 2007

Just like home.

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"Just got back from the craig-y-don again we had a great time, i was there with my family and there partners it is just like home from home the staff are all so friendley. Our rooms were all next to each other and were very comfortable. We were bed and breakfast,the breakfast was buffet style and plenty of it, and plenty of choice. There was entertaiment every night and bingo so you did not have to go out at all at night also you could order snacks so you had everything you needed. We always go to this hotel it is on the sea front and the view is lovely, my husband and myself are going back the end of may and are looking forward to it."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of April 2007

Loved it

Good
Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"My husband, mother-in-law and myself stayed at the craig-y-don on Sept.10th-17th. It is the best hotel in Blackpool and we have stayed in quite a few.
Nothing was too much for the owners and their staff,
especially the breakfast staff they were all so friendly from the waiting staff to the cleaners you felt like you were at home.
Entertainment was every night and it was of a very high standard. Rooms were really comfortable and clean and there is a lift to all floors.
Drinks in the hotel bar was very reasonable unlike some hotels who try and rip you off. I can't say enough about this hotel I would recommend it to anyone. We will certainly be going back in the near future."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of September 2005