magic

Reviewed Fri 22nd of March 2013

"the tartan terrors stayed at the hotel with a large part y arranged by Kym n Terry, It was absolutely fantastic, good food great staff, and great entertainment all at a ridiculously low price, hope the terrors behaved badly enough to get back,"

• Travel date: Wed 7th of April 2010

Don't stay here if you're disabled and/or need to leave early!

Reviewed Thu 21st of March 2013

"Booked to spend 2 nights here with hubby as part of a large group. Booked a room with "disabled access", room was down a slalom course, with one way doors and the corridor was so narrow and winding that we had to take the footplates off the wheelchair to get it around some of the corners.
We got to the room which was cold (heating wasn't on - it appeared to be on a timer!).
We had dinner - which was acceptable and after dinner Hubby was ill and we had to leave.
We had booked for 2 nights and (at this point) hadn't done any more than check in and eat dinner.
We were charged for whole weekend IN FULL, no reduction at all for the 2nd night, or even for the fact that we wouldn't be needing breakfast - let's face it, we didn't even need the room!
UNIMPRESSED just about sums it up."

• Travel date: Wed 31st of March 2010

Wouldnt stay in any other hotel but the Henson :)

Reviewed Wed 20th of March 2013

"Hotel was brilliant.. Rooms was very clean, not a thing out of place. Bed was comfy. Food was great. Staff were brilliant. Always friendly nothing was to much for them.. Definately going to go back there! Loved my stay."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of March 2010

Simply FABYOULUSS DAARLING.... SEVUN

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Once again this proved an excellent venue for our large group. Excellent food simply served by a friendly and cheerful staff. Made to feel at home and nothing was too much bother, even arranging to have a large screen TV so we could watch "Strictly come Dancing" .

Thanks Dave and Sue for everything ....I will be back (If allowed)

Bob AOL"

• Travel date: Fri 13th of November 2009

lovely hoel

Reviewed Tue 19th of March 2013

"just back with bowens coach holidays lovely hotel very clean opposite blackpool pleasure beach good food friendly staff"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of October 2009

Excellent value for money!!!

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"Stayed at the henson for the illuminations weekend, we found the hotel was spotless, all the staff were friendly, breakfast was well worth getting up for even with a massive hangover!!!! would recommend and would definately return!!! only one slight thing you may notice are the creaky floorboards!! but for the money it is excellent."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of September 2009

honeymoon with 3 year old child 2 day break

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"Excellent stay staff made us feel so welcome, There were people there that had been there before all with young children and they were all great my Daughter felt right at home. Breakfast was divine and set us up for the day. It was a fab break and will be going there again soon thank you all."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of August 2009

A lovely friendly hotel

Reviewed Tue 29th of January 2013

"My husband, daughter her boyfriend and myself only booked the day before our arrival just for one night .
We arrived early in the morning but we knew it was to early to book in. Dave the owner let us still park our car which if you have been to blackpool was a god send.
The hotel staff where really friendly and the hotel was lovely and clean. That evening before going out we had a drink in the hotel bar Where i myself made a new friend called Gracie she was 7yrs old and she was absolutly delightful. She had a few choice words which i cannot write on the net, she was very entertaining .She is a beautiful bird which i think might be a parot.
The breakfast the following morning was really nice and again the staff very pleasant. We had to check out by 11am but Dave still let us leave the car parked at the hotel. When we return to blackpool we will stay here again."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of July 2008

An absolute gem !

Reviewed Fri 25th of January 2013

"Having endured a week of pretty much non-stop rain on a caravan outside Scarbrough for a week in July, we decided that we'd give Blackpool another go before heading up to Scotland. On many counts it was the best move we've made in a long time !

As is well known to regular readers on here Blackpool is my second home and I find it impossible to stay away. When the weather was as good as we got and the hotel was as nice as it wwas I feel pretty secure with those feelings !!

The Henson Hotel on Clifton Drive is one that I had stayed at in my younger years and had a great time. The last time I stayed there was around 2002 and it was getting a bit tired. It was with some nervousness therefore that we chapped the door on Saturday morning to see if rooms were available.

We needn't have worried ! From a very friendly welcoming from host Donna, things couldn't have been better. We were shown to our lovely sea-facing front room before having to hand over any money. My fear of lifts also enabled me to meet the co-owner - David - of the hotel. Every bit as welcoming and friendly as his wife.

Other than the ageing TV set it's pretty much impossible to fault the room, and at the end of the day who wants to go to the most fun-packed resort in the UK and sit and watch TV anyway !?!?

Breakfast on all 3 mornings was fresh and piping hot, served up by very friendly staff. Never once was there any kind of atmosphere in the hotel that even threatened to spoil anybody's holiday.

Bar well stocked and reasonably priced, so again no complaints there.

On all my visits I like to move around hotels and try out places new. However, it's with a great deal of confidence that I can state on the next family trip (hopefully for the Illuminations) we'll be heading to the Henson :-)"

• Travel date: Fri 18th of July 2008