Premier Double

Good

Metropole Hotel

Reviewed 22nd September 2016

"We traveled just yesterday to the Hotel,and unfortunately we would never stay in this hotel again,you don't get what you pay for at the hotel,the room was very unclean,coffee stains found up the wall,bedding not clean,and beds very uncomfortable,windows filthy,shower head moldy,generally not nice stay and hotel needs to improve an awful lot,Grand is not a name that I would give to this hotel!"

• Travel date: 14th September 2016

Dated Hotel

Reviewed 13th April 2015

"Unfortunately like many other reviews on this site I had a similar experience of a dirty room,dirty windows,mold on walls, and peeling wallpaper. The hotel is in need of major refurbishment and more staff to be on duty.The staff I spoke too were polite and helpful but were not well presented. The general areas were not very clean and the meals on offer were mediocre to say the least.The bedroom was very basic,bedding was clean but badly marked,and floor was dirty. "

• Travel date: 12th April 2015

disgusting

Reviewed 23rd September 2014

"stayed here for four nights had 3 different rooms first one smelt and looked like a stable filthy carpet smelly yuk second was lower ground toilet n bath not cleaned tried to wash it out and it flooded the bedroom melt moldy n damp third room wasn't much better one place needs flattening staff as well as the are rude and unhelpful. "

• Travel date: 23rd September 2014

Recent visit so baf

Reviewed 4th August 2014

"This hotel is absolutely awful it should be knocked down its dirty, damp and food is appalling there was stains on carpet peeling wallpaper damp and dingy, for the money paid for this holiday it was daylight robbery and the hotel should be closed down, the entertainment was equally as bad really disappointing to say the least it is a total shame that such a grand building has been left unmaintained and in such a bad state of repair. It is a real wonder no one actually leaves the hotel with more than they bargained for and been really ill, we took one look behind the bed in our and it clearly hadn't been cleaned for years the dust was inches thick wish now we had taken photos of the state of the place "

• Travel date: 4th August 2014

hotel from hell

Reviewed 29th July 2014

"The worst hotel we have ever stopped in absolutely disgusting filthy smelly, food is disgusting without a doubt would have walked out but was with the family 15 of us and would have struggled to get any where else at short notice STAY WELL CLEAR its a pit."

• Travel date: 29th July 2014

disgusting

Reviewed 25th March 2014

"staff were uninterested and rude.We asked for sea view and none smoking The room was dirty there was sea view but the windows were so dirty you could not see out of them. there was ash all over the room and bathroom and smelt of smoke. there was no shower,only one bath and one hand towel and no hair dryer, the bath was dirty, but after washing it out it became apparent we didn't need towels or hair dryer because we found that there was no hot water or heating, we were told "run the tap for 20 minutes it's because your at the end of the hotel" we remained with no hot water throughout our 2 night stay we were told the hotel was full so we couldn't be moved and i quote " we don't have another room for you certainly not of this standard" all i can say is thank god, after loosing my temper and my husband complaining we were sent to another room at the other end of the hotel to use the shower. The ceiling had bid lumps of plaster missing and every time someone closed a door or people upstairs banged lumps of plaster fell from the ceiling we had a king size bed with a small double quilt. we always use Britannia and have a reward card, but on producing it i was told "we don't give points here because you didn't book direct with use and we'd loose out" we didn't get any points from the drinks we had either because although notices state as in all Britannia hotels company policy is to always give receipts we only got 1 and when asking for them was told the roll as run out. while waiting in reception for my husband i clearly hears a staff member receiving instruction which were " we have booked in a lot, but we only have limited rooms so when there gone tell them we didn't get their booking and send them to the norbrec and them that's booked sea view ignore, if they have paid and they complain get the duty manager to refund the sea view if they haven't paid just knock it off, but only if they complain.I was awaiting service at the bar in the evening when a very nice elderly man started talking to me, there was only one young girl on the bar and the room was full he told me that it had been like that the night before, while we chatted waiting to be served another young lad came to help her, but only got to the door when somebody in the side room through a bucket of ice at him, he was not happy to say the least, but from a customers point of view if somebody had time to pull pranks like that why was they not serving behind the bar. all i can say is the norbec's not great but i wish they had sent use there. i am strongly considering using another hotel chain in future, one things for sure i wont ever go back to the metropolis again "

• Travel date: 25th March 2014

grand is not a name i would giv this hotel

Reviewed 24th March 2014

"This hotel is 1 of the worst i have ever stopped in only pleased me and my partner were only stopping the 1 night . after viewing the rooms on line and paying 82.00 for what we thought was a really roomy and nicely decorated room to be given a standard room you could not move in was highly disappointing having seen customers complaining at the reception and getting nowhere decided it was not worth doing it . the breakfast which was self service was diabolical using the cheapest of the cheap .the foyers were the only places that looked of the standard been advertised because when you enter your room be prepared for a shock dust covered the fittings the bed was the cheapest ever the duvet is paper thin the rooms are freezing and the water barely warm .trying after i have written this review to find a complaint section in the hotel website "

• Travel date: 23rd March 2014

Structural failure, cheap environment, damp and uninterested staff DON'T GO

Reviewed 18th March 2014

"UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES GO TO THE METRO POLE, BLACKPOOL. It has external structural cracks that travel from top to bottom. The decor inside is vile and in very bad condition. The area in the 'conservatory' is furnished with the cheapest tables and chairs from Pound store style shops. Tables are not wiped. A group of female guests asked me to take their photo. I asked them to move, as the photo' would have included a huge damp area on the wall.... INSIDE! This establishment shouldn't be used to house animals. Such a downfall."

• Travel date: 17th March 2014

Awful hotel

Reviewed 20th June 2013

"What can I say just came back from the metropole in Blackpool on Thursday 6th June 2013 and it is the worse hotel ive ever seen and stayed in. The staff are rude, never a manager when you want one. My room on the second floor you couldn't see out of the windows as they where thick with dirt, the floor had beads and cigeratte ash all over the floor, dust all over kettle and tea tray, bath had a ring of dirt around it. The dinner room had flies all over the food, they don't serve water at breakfast, milk jug hadn't been cleaned there was gunge in it, you have to ask for bread and when I did I had a fly in it. There is damp and mould everywhere. It's like faulty towers stay away. Staff just talk about you when you complain and are really bad mannered. "

• Travel date: 7th June 2013

never ever will I stay here again

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"Arrived 16.3.13 to find we could not get on the carpark it was full. So had to pay £15 for parking else were.Went to book in and stood at the desk for 5minutes before being acknowledge by the RUDEST receptionist I have ever come across very bad mannered and didnt tell us anything about breakfast time etc. When we got to our room my god it was so small and horrible really disgusting. We went to hand the key in on our way out for the evening the same receptionist was still on duty snatch the key off me and through it on the desk. She should be sacked she is not a good advertisement for the Hotel. When we got up the next morning went for breakfast I could not believe it none of the staff spoke to you very rude. I will never go back here and the Hotel is filthy old and very rough. It needs up dateing and maybe new polite friendly staff............."

• Travel date: 17th March 2013

You don't get what you pay for!

Reviewed 3rd February 2013

"Its easy to say this hotel is cheap and therefore the poor standards and environment are acceptable. The problem is that the hotel now has set a new level for what poor standards mean. Personally my room was dirty, mouldy, and smelly, with damaged furniture, with condensation inside the window and covering the cill. The environment of the hotel, exemplified by the TV room, was straight out of "one flew out of the cookoos nest", with a TV from 1990. I have read so many bad reviews of this hotel I went on to look at the Britannia chain. The news is its not one bad hotel with problems. The chain seems to have consistently poor standards throughout all hotels. Finally what I can't understand... Most reviews are consistently negative, however there seem to be random fantastic reviews... I honestly can't think who these people are or what room or service they got. It can't have been where I stayed. I suggest checking out holiday watchdog.com, which seems to only have negative comments. In addition look how the hotel is advertised on over 60% of online sites as 3 star (when asked in the hotel it says its 2 star)! Also notice how there are so few images of rooms on the official website. Finally check out the owner for yourself... From what I read via the net, he seems to pay a similar rate of tax to Jimmy Carr and Starbucks. We all live and learn. I wish I had read trip advisor before booking. What I feel bad about is that many people who stay here are on economy OAP packages and certainly are not of the internet age, so can't complain, nor research beforehand. "

• Travel date: 1st February 2013

Horrible Hotel - do not waste your money

Reviewed 16th January 2013

"For what it is worth the building is lovely and is in an ideal location but thats where any good points start and end. All the main areas are really shabby and do not create a good first impression. The rooms we were allocated were truly, truly awful. Damp patches and peeling wallpaper, torn furniture and smelt heavily of smoke. You would not want to spend a night here. We have tried to contact Customer Service over the last 3 weeks who have failed to respond to every email sent. Remember you get what you pay for and this hotel is not worth any amount of money no matter how small!"

• Travel date: 16th January 2013

• Bar
    McHalls Hotel Distance: 330 meters

Top traveller tips for Grand Metropole Hotel

• by ajd

"ideal for short break only"

• by Miss Happy

"Take your towels and washing up liquid. Just go bed and breakfast."

• by Sarah W

"Don't go in the first place "

• by Bill W

"Do not stay at this hotel"

• by tishy99

"gotoa different hotel"

• by D T

"Dont go stay well clear "

• by diane chapman

"book in some where else "

• by lovemyhoidays

"never go in the hotel"

• by lizned

"Don't expect grandness or a quick check in"

• by mully79

"If you do decide to go, eat along at the litten tree two mins from metropole for good value."

• by andys karoke

"clean the hotel and better sfaff "

• by Level-headed

"Avoid back rooms at all costs."

• by julietiff

"very friendly hotel right on the sea front, not to be missed"

• by greenhotel

"Blackpool Tower, Wax works."

• by sianylou_87

"mayflower chinese restaraunt and the rock shop with rock making demonstrations"

• by LAINEYBIRD

"Anywhere but hotel - the sights in my rearview mirror on the way out of the hotel car park"

• by LAINEYBIRD

"Blackpool very run down - altho has a very nice bright shopping centre"

Grand Metropole Hotel is also called