Good

Backward, working mens club standard hotel..........

Reviewed Mon 21st of December 2015

"A very badly run Bingo standard hotel, run by very bad and inexperienced management, who need to learn how to run a hotel. however, the entertainment on the night we stayed, which was a Wednesday was brilliant, they were called The Ambassadors, they were top class entertainment in a low class hotel. We can only hope, these wonderful talented guys move on to a far better hotel than the Doric. "

• Travel date: Sat 21st of November 2015

what a let down

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"This hotel has deterioated drastically food was terrible, no supervision, inconsistent supposed to be a 5 course meal most nights just 3 courses poor choices, cooking appalling. Memories of this hotel in the 70's and 80's as one of the best in Blackpool must be one of the worst now. Half empty surely that speaks volumes. The hotel has a private function room the noise was appalling till after midnight. Heard so many people say about the let down from previous visits and they would not stay again. Dont waste your money totally disappointing and it is not cheap. The only positive was the hotel was clean."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of October 2009

Ok for short stay

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Travelled down to Blackpool to see Illuminations. Stayed overnight in Doric which was OK. Public areas very tired looking and need upgraded. Pool OK but also needs upgrading especially changing rooms etc. We had nice sea view room. Food was nice. Odd way of ordering meal as they only take the order for one course at a time. Never come across this before in a hotel. Hotel ok for short stay but would not have wanted to stay for a weeks holiday. Bit overpriced for what it is."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of October 2009

Understandingly Positive

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"I've put understandingly due to the nature of my views of this hotel. In some ways it's awful; the food is like going back in time, the entertainment is poor, the leisure area is poor, but what else did i expect from a Blackpool hotel?
The food was good enough my daughter and elderly mother so why not for me? My daughter loved the entertainment and so did my mum so why not for me? Am i just being pompous? Yes probably.
I did really enjoy my stay there, the room was better than most 4 star hotels i've stayed in no 87. The staff are lovely and very friendly and efficient and under paid probably. The price is very reasonable and to expect high standards of luxury would be ludicrous.
So i hope you understand where i'm coming from and don't let it put you off going because after all i'll probably go back myself."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of October 2009

Not modern enough

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"The doric is ok id say, its just not moderinised enough for my taste, rooms look dated but clean dont worry about that. Entertainment is fine Food is good..... its ok at most.."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of October 2009

We wont be back

Reviewed Tue 19th of March 2013

"20 of us stayed and most for the 10th time. We were first of all disappointed that the prices were reduced for late bookings and regular customers had to pay higher rates. This is the first time that we have had any problems but we felt that the rooms were not very well cleaned. Dust and fluff on the carpet edges and we were shocked to find torn sheets on the bed. Items had been left from previous occupants. The meal portions were very small. The entertainment was very poor. I had asked for my daughter to be on the same floor and this did not happen. We expected to get some form of written response from management but so far zilch!!!! We wont be back, all 20 of us."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of September 2009

Spot On..Will Defo Be Back Next Year

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Travelled up for a Fri-Sun stay for the illuminations and found the hotel spot on from start to finish. Had a sea view room which comprimised of a double and 2 single beds. Restaurant staff very effeciant with good choice of evening meal available. Could not find a fault with the hotel and will be returning next year definately."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of September 2009

Excellent

Reviewed Thu 7th of March 2013

"just comenting to say how great everything was at the hotel
And thank you to all the staff.
Thanks for making me feel so welcome as i was on my own."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of August 2009

like a tea dance

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"we stayed here for four days on a gold break the brochure said entertainment nightly but it was just music and dancing I think it was sequence dancing also the room where it was held was really hot we were told the air conditioning had broken down, on the good side the food was good and the waitress service excellent, but we like some entertainment on an evening this was more like a tea dance."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of May 2009

Excellent Hotel And Friendly Staff

Reviewed Wed 13th of February 2013

"everything excellent. had a lovely bedroom, very clean and comfortable which had just been redecorated. the staff were really helpful and attentative. the food was excellent and really good entertainment as it was varied. i have rebooked for two weeks over summer and would recommend this fantastic hotel to anyone and everyone. the hotel has 2 swimming pools, sauna and steamroom which was brill for the kids and one is outdoor for the sunnier days. i can not wait to go back over summer!!"

• Travel date: Sat 14th of March 2009

not as expected

Reviewed Mon 4th of February 2013

"Just done 5 nights here, with my wife, and expected better. Super top floor room, so airless that sweat poured of us, but no heating on, very strange. The entertainment lounge was just the same, red hot. Meals were average, breakfast tiny, evening meals varied, one night beef, next night ,beef stew and dumplings, next night cottage pie with minced beef in. Very clean in public areas, and rooms serviced ok. Plenty seats around the lounges and not much noise. Plenty parking in the area. All in all a typical middle range Blackpool hotel, does not match the Sheraton or Cliffs."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of September 2008

Too hot

Reviewed Wed 30th of January 2013

"We stayed in an executive room which we thought would be bigger and the view from our window was some sort of what looked like a water unit or a unit for the heating. Also the room was really hot. We heard other guests say the same about their rooms aswell and no-one had their heating on. Two things that were good, first was the Restaurant Manager and also the Organist they had one night."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of September 2008