Brill hotel

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"Very good hotel, very clean and owners very helpful and friendly. Would highly recommend this hotel. will be back again next year."

• Travel date: 31st October 2008

owners where fantastic

Reviewed 27th January 2013

"last minute bookoing,couldnt have chosen better. hospitality second to none the room was comfortable the hotel was spotless food was best ever!l we will recommend to family and friends we wil definitly be back! janet and tony"

• Travel date: 5th September 2008

We all Digged the Danescourt

Reviewed 26th January 2013

"Just arrived back from a lovely day trip to Blackpool. Myself and my two children booked a room at the last minute at the Danescourt. It was very reasonably priced so We expected very little. We arrived and were very pleasantly suprised firstly by how handily placed the hotel was (2 mins from the pleasure beach) and then by how friendly the proprietors were. Our room was great and the hotel very clean and family friendly (We even had a good picture on our telly!!) The kids loved it, so much in fact they asked if We could live there. My daughter kept telling me how lovely she thought Lynne (The proprietor) was all the way home and I had to agree :) Breakfast was also superb which was proved by the fact my two very fussy kids ate theirs with no complaints at all. One of the big plus points for me was after a fantastic (But shattering) day on the pleasure beach culminating with a real soaking on Valhalla we were only two mins away from a lovely hot shower and a change of clothes. There's a great takeaway over the road so no worries about tea and We all had a lovely quiet peaceful nights sleep. Next time we go to Blackpool we will definitely by booking at the Danescourt and would happily recommend staying there to anyone. Only downside for me is the fact that the kids are already pestering me to take them back!!"

• Travel date: 8th August 2008

Fab hotel

Reviewed 24th January 2013

"A fantastic hotel, great location and delicious food. My daughters and i enjoyed a weekend break here and would definately recommend."

• Travel date: 7th August 2008

Great family hotel

Reviewed 17th January 2013

"We were surprised to have phoned and managed to get in for a Saturday night stay, 2 adults + 10 year old twins. We were greeted at the door, and shown to our room and asked if this would be OK before we paid a penny, there was no doubt in our minds it was perfect, clean, airy, and with an en-suite, so all the privacy we needed. We had a sea view, and pier view, and when we did settle down at night we were able to leave the windows open without all the noise and hustle of what we`d seen "up the other end". Before leaving we had a beautiful breakfast, cereal, orange juice etc. with a menu for different options, full english, vegetarian, kippers, nothing we asked for was too much trouble. We`ll definitely be back again in the 6 weeks holiday. We saw the drunks "up the other end" this hotel doesn`t accept "revellers" their standards show this, a highly recommended hotel for families and couples who like to enjoy the day, and have a peaceful nights sleep too. Keep up the good work, we`ll see you soon. Teresa & Mark Lees + children Kyle & Tanya (age 10)"

• Travel date: 26th June 2008

friendly and homely

Reviewed 20th January 2013

"had a fantastic time, really surprised how organised everything was when lynn told us they had only just taken over the hotel nothing was too much trouble for her or andrew, the hotel was lovely and clean, the breakfast well presented,the position great for the pleasure beach, sandcastle and south pier, we will deffinatly be going back, good luck for the future"

• Travel date: 15th June 2008

Cracking service!

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"Despite being the two person team being down one member John provided a fab service, this was even before we arrived as there had been a problem with the booking and John booked us direct which saved money as well. Silly bits like the owner moving his car so I could park in front of the building were appreciated and made the whole stay feel fantastic. The hotel has relativly recently been taken over and so they are in the throes of decorating, the room whilst small was comfortable with a very good shower. Breakfast was first class as was the place full stop. Very happy to stay there again if the need arises."

• Travel date: 4th April 2005

A lesson in hospitality!

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"I thought one of the owners could have been a lot more helpful than she was. On arriving early morning with my elderly mother I was told there were no toilets we could use which meant we would have to go and find a public toilet or wait until our room was ready at 2.00pm. I felt that we were an inconvenience being there and her only interest was to take our money. The room was comfortable and the breakfast excellent. It would have been nice to try an evening meal but they were too busy to accomodate us so we went out to eat. On leaving, our flight was in the evening and her husband had suggested we leave our cases save carrying them around. Out of politeness I confirmed with her on the final morning that it was still ok and she seemed put out that we were leaving them there. I have always found landladies in bed and breakfast establishments very friendly and go out of their way to help you, this was the first I found not to be very helpful."

• Travel date: 1st November 2004

Danescourt Hotel - just off the prom.

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"Hi, just like to say we stayed at The Danescourt Hotel, Blackpool. The hotel is very comfortable, the food excellent, and the owners are really going places with this establishment, they are going through a period of refurbishment. If you need any further proof of standards just read the guest book in the foyer. Richard."

• Travel date: 22nd August 2004