About Claremont Hotel

• baggage storage
  • fax photocopying
  • snack bar
  • newspaper
  • wake up service alarm clock
  • sauna
  • kids club
  • coffee tea maker
  • evening entertainment
  • entertainment staff
  • indoor play area for children

Going downhill

Reviewed Tue 31st of July 2018

"Back again to The Claremont for our annual family weekend away and what a huge disappointment! Once checked in we went to find our ‘family’ room which was down a small corridor and down steps....not ideal with a pram, but nothing we couldn’t overlook, the room was spacious and provided everything we needed, and we had a great start to the day, however, nightfall came and so did the numerous problems! Firstly no waiter service at our table (this is supposedly provided) we had to ask numerous times for someone to take our drink order & by the time they came the meal was almost over. Waiting on staff weren’t much better....they cleared half a table, walked away & didn’t come to clear the rest until 15 mins later. At bedtime (9pm) we discovered that Our ‘family’ room was directly above the disco/cabaret so we had to endure the loud music/slamming of bar doors until 1am! Not ideal with a 6yr old and a 7month old baby. We complained and asked to be moved only to be told we couldn’t be moved as the hotel was full and we’d just have to endure the music ‘as it didn’t last all night!’ I believe customer service skills may require an update! Once the music ended came the cleaning of the function room with the bottle recycling bins being directly outside our window, the smashing of glass went on until 1.30am! To top it off there was a horrendous smell drifting into our room and throughout the corridor & upon inspection we found our neighbors were smoking weed! We informed staff who yet again made no effort to provide a duty of care for our family and the drug users were left to remain in the hotel and continue smoking weed throughout the whole weekend!! If it wasn’t for paying so much for the hotel and having pre-paid tickets for attractions, which we had promised our daughter we would have come home. We have been coming here for the past 5 years and it has been wonderful, safe to say we probably won’t be coming back. So sad to see what was once a wonderful hotel slipping further & further downhill."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of July 2018

Lovely hotel

Reviewed Sat 29th of December 2012

"Just spent a weekend at the Claremont – a group of 16 of us.

Great children entertainment – hardly ever saw the kids as they were having such a good time.

Been to the Claremont a few times and this time exceeded the last – food was spot on with great waitress service. Service was fast and food was hot and delicious.

Entertainment was not to everyone’s taste, but not offensive and as the Hotel offer a singer and a comedian on both nights, there is something for everyone.

Room was lovely, lots of storage space and a four poster bed.

All in all – had a great weekend and would recommend this Hotel to anyone staying in Blackpool."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of December 2007

Hotels like this should be closed.

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Just arrived back from a weekend break at the Claremont. Truly awful. I thought hotels like this didn’t exist any more. Besides the nightmare parking at the front, the staff are unhelpful and uninterested. For example they refused to give my family a second key to our room even though one of us needed to go to bed early with our young children. All the corridors have exposed wiring running along ceiling level which looks dreadful. In the morning they have a disgusting habit of throwing all the dirty towels and sheets out into the corridors which are very narrow. If you have a suitcase on wheels you end up dragging it over others dirty laundry, horrible! Food was ok but rushed. Much of the place stank of cigarette smoke.

On the positive side, the kids club was good and the server we had for our meals was attentive and considered the needs of our family.

Never going back."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of October 2006

great weekend break!

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"we stayed at the claremont hotel for a weekend in June 2006. our only problem was a lack of parking outside, however when we went in to enquire we were told to go to an overflow carpark just behind the hotel.

the staff on arrival are very efficient and the kids club lady introduced herself to our children and signed them in for the kids club before we even had our cases through the door!

the decor is lovely, the hotel rooms are the cleanest by far that we have ever found in blackpool and also very spacious and really comfy beds! the entertainment was above average, bar prices are reasonable, the pool and jacuzzi are lovely and were empty when we used them (as it was early evening the lifequard was off duty, however the reception staff said not a problem as long as we stay with the kids they were welcome to use the pool for as long as they liked). the food is absolutely brilliant, a large selection of hot meals and also cold buffet, children can have a choice of their own menu, or what the adults are having - the portion size is the same!

a lovely relaxing break and we can't wait to go again!"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of September 2006

claremont hotel north shore.

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"just arived back home from our stay in this hotel. [we have stayed here before], the food is excellent, we found the staff to be good, the hotel is nice and clean. but ....... the car parking is a nightmare, not enough spaces for all the guests cars, the reception area was a nighmare also, the service here was far to slow, when we arived it took 30 mins to check us in. there were queues everywhere, and dozens of children running all over the place with no one keeping them in check people with walking difficulties were finding it hard to manouver, the entertainment was far too loud, it made my wifes ears ache, why they have to have it so loud beats me, we left the room and went to our bedroom 2 floors up, we could still hear the terrible racket from the artist, [ who in my opinion should jump off the pier], there was no control of the children all night, we all know that children want a good time as we do but the parents should have been told to keep their kids from running about, oh and one final point, the toilet is downstairs in the basement, this caused a lot of problems for a lot of people. there needs a ground floor toilet installing sooa as possible."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of August 2006

great stay again

Reviewed Sat 13th of October 2012

"Well just returned after our stay in july,stayed for 7 nights ,was great again,fab place for kids as they have a club,this is my second stay here,rooms are all being refurbished so ask for a new one they are lovely.
I would say this is a place for families or older couples not singles on girly weekends etc,.
food always plentiful and a great choice,staff great,and we met alot of nice people here,great on evening ,kids can go to club and entertainment here evry night!!

watch out there are 2 claremont hotels,this one is part of the choice hotel group,they also have the cliffs and the viking which is for adults only.
the cliffs is quite a way out.
would certainly go back kids loved it,thats what my holiday to Blackpool was for!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 7th of August 2006

I told them it was the worst hotel I'd ever stayed in...

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"I booked a year in advance via the Blackpool Toursit Office who assured me it was a nice hotel. At £85 a night single occupancy it was a rip off. Everybody I met there staying for the Lib Dem Conference was unhappy - we seemed to be shoved in a corner away from family parties.
The bathroom had cold water (later proven faulty shower), the loo could only be approached sideways as the bathroom was so tiny, wallpaper falling off the wall nearest the window as it rained outside.
Breakfast the first morning was cold and dried up.
I found I could only complain if I did do at the time (being busy during the day and with my husband in intensive care in Edinburgh not an easy thing to do) Thus I put in the slip and wrote a full letter. I did get one nights refund but I found the tourist office had taken a cut. I would not use them again either."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of July 2006

Well run

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"A very well run, efficient tourist standard hotel (that is certainly not a derisory term). My room had recently been refurbished and was fresh, bright and spotless. Tha bathroom was tiny however. The food was the highlight. Breakfast offered a nice range of cereals and fresh fruits followed by a well cooked Full Breakfast (kippers available too). Dinner offered an excellent choice of starter, main course and sweet, all beautifully cooked and well presented The efficiency of service was the best I have ever witnessed. In fact the hotel has lots of staff, all very well trained and extremely friendly (although Choice Manager Sandra Smith did lack an hospitable smile).
The evening entertainment was good and very professional. Leisure facilities good. Parking limited (but where isn't in Blackpool).
All in all I recommend the Claremont to you all and congratulate Choice Hotels Ltd."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of July 2006

Dreadfull !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"We arrived to find an outdated hotel in need of a good clean. When we pulled up in the taxi the first thing to hit us were dirty windows. The inside was fusty and there seemed to be no ventilation. The corridor leading to the room was full of cracked walls and felt like a death trap. While the staff were disinterested at first they soon took notice when we decided that we were not for staying. We had checked in before seeing the room and on seeing it we smartly checked out again."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of July 2006

Been to better and been to worse

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"Thank god we got a bargain price of £216.00 for 2nights plus Sunday free. Looks great from the web site and the outside. Looks modern until you get inside, smelt a bit fousty in areas. We were lucky and got a very spacious bedroom, unfortunately no sea view, could have done with some air conditioning, room very stuffy even though window open. Unless you turn up at 9am you are unlikely to get a parking space and check in is not until 2pm. Seemed to be loads of families and screaming brats until Sunday when all the pensioners rolled up - more fun than the families! Wish we had known that a sister hotel caters for adults only. Leisure facilities all poky - no chance of a swim especially if kids about, jacuzzi attached and kids jumping and splashing in their too! Restaurant was good, quick and efficient. Overall it was okay, not sure if I would go back though."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of June 2006

Great Family Hotel

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"Stayed here for 5 nights. Excellent location, just north of Blackpool Tower, 5 mins walk from town centre. The hotel has recently had a face lift to the front, and looks good. The hotels rooms are clean and tidy, and cleaned every day. The food served for breakfast and dinner was excellent. Entertainment was on each night and was good enough to keep you at the hotel at night. The hotel also had a swimming pool and a fitness room. I would stay here again."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of May 2006