Bamford House Hotel

28 York Street, Blackpool FY1 5AQ England

Good

Great Hotel

"Just returned from a one night stay in the Bamford House, the rooms were clean, staff were great... very friendly. Lots of advice of where to go and where to not go which was very welcomed! The owner Helen even ironed one of our shirts!
Good location, about 3 mins walk to the promenade. Rooms were plenty big enough, with good facilties.
Would highly reccomend and would stay again with no queries."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of April 2010

Best hotel yet

"We spent a week at the Bamford in july and had the best stay . Helen,Rick and the rest of the staff were the perfect hosts and always on hand to help . Me my wife and 3 kids stayed in the family room which was spotless as was the hotel .We even had enough space in the room for a travel cot which was an added bonus. The food was excellent and the hotel is ideally located for all the attractions. We have stayed in a few places over the last 6 years and the bamfod has been the best by far . We will definitely be back ."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of September 2009

excellent hospitality & food

"hotel is immaculate, hosts very hospitable nothing too much trouble, very accommodating, hotel located well, not too noisy, food was lovely especially breakfast and great service, no long waits for anything, well priced, would stay there again without hesitation. Sky tv in rooms, exceptionally clean rooms, bedding etc and nicely decorated with en-suite."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of September 2009

kindness of owners

"I had booked for 2 nights to be able to visit a friend in hospital. Friend was discharged early and I told Helen I would not be staying for the second night as planned. I fully expected to pay for this as I was not able to notify them until 3pm on the Saturday but they were pleased at my good news about my friend and didnt charge for the room although they were unlikely to re let it at such short notice which was very kind of them. Room was very clean."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of July 2009

A home away from home

"My sisters and I have been visiting Blackpool for fourteen years and this is the first time that we have ever stayed somewhere we are 100% happy with. Within seconds of arriving, it felt more like we were visiting friends than staying in a hotel and that was down to Rick's hosting skills. When we met Helen, she was exactly the same - warm, friendly and very helpful.

The bedrooms were beautiful, in incredibly good decorative order, and absolutely spotless. The bathroom was immaculate and so were the floors. Now, I know this is going to sound odd, but when we go away, I always check the inside of the kettle to see how clean it is and I was amazed that it was as clean as mine at home.

The dining room is lovely, and the proper tablecloths did not go unnoticed. The food was cooked to perfection and the staff looked smart and were very friendly.

Nothing was too much trouble for either Rick or Helen and he, in particular, was an absolute god send to us on the Sunday. We owe him a huge thank you for that

We genuinely cannot wait to stay there again next year."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of June 2009

Excellent weekend stay!!

"We have recently returned from the Bamford Hotel in Blackpool. We had an excellent weekend. The hotel is spotless; rooms are decorated to a high standard. Breakfast was great and the service from the hotel owner (sorry we never did ask your name!!) was brilliant - very hospitable. They even accommodated my pregnant wife on the 1st floor to save her swollen feet!!! Will definatley return when our baby is born."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of June 2009

Excellent service, location and value

"If your looking for somewhere within walking distance of the Tower, beach and wintergardens then this is the ideal Hotel, Children made as welcome as adults. Have wide variety of local knowledge. Excellent service from Helen and Rick, very accomodating to any requests, fantastic breakfast, nice bar area, rooms very clean, have now stayed with them for past 3 years and will definately be returning again. Thanks again for a lovely stay. Helen, Denise and Jack - Kent"

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of April 2009

Excellent hotel

"This was our third stay at the Bamford House Hotel. The hotel is in a superb location, the rooms are decorated beautifully and 10/10 for cleanliness. Rick and Helen are a lovely couple. Breakfast was perfect. Definitely our favourite hotel in Blackpool. We won't stay anywhere else. Thank you for an excellent stay. Sharon and Carl from Stoke-on-Trent."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of January 2009

Blackpool with kids

Good

"A family friendly hotel in the heart of Blackpool at a very reasonable price, only 5 minutes walk to the tower and beach. Car Parking available 1 minute walk away approx £9.00 for 24 hours.
We booked a family room which had a double and bunk beds. Room was immaculate as was the ensuite. The small hotel bar was friendly and relaxed - Not a bad price either!!
The kids couldn't wait for breakfast and they weren't disappoined, good quality breakfasts with good cheerful service.
I would definately go back and would most certainly recommend for families and couples.
Thanks for a great stay. Clare, Chris and Kids"

• Travel date: Thu 13th of November 2008

Blackpool a real treat

"I selected this Hotel from its web site where it stood out from the others in Blackpool

The hotel was a real treat , spotlessly clean , well maintained and with parking, breakfast was excellent

Flat screen LCD TV , free wi fi and air conditioning in the bar - all for £25 each

Big hotels in Blackpool should watch out

Helen an Rick were great hosts, bar was a real surprise , value bar meals and sesnsible drinks prices

Keith in Glasgow"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of July 2007

Hotels near Bamford House Hotel

Stayed at Bamford House Hotel? Share your insight.