Aberford Hotel

12-14 Yorkshire Street, Blackpool FY1 5BG England

Good

Hen weekend at the aberford

"We are just back from a hen weekend at the Aberford and we had the best time.

From the minute we walked in the door we were given the warmest welcome possible from Neil, Deborah and their sons.
They told us the best places to go and eat (and drink) and even kept us entertained with karaoke on saturday night when we were a bit fragile from the night before. They really made our weekend enjoyable.

The hotel was in the best location only a few minutes walk from the central pier and close to all the bars and clubs. The hotel itself was really homely with everything you would ever need.

I would recommend the Aberford to anyone as it would be really difficult not to enjoy yourself there.

Thanks for a great weekend, Neil Deborah and David

Ems"

• Travel date: Tue 18th of March 2008

Lovely hotel!

"The hotel has a great location, central to all the amenities. The owners Neil and Deborah were lovely people, very friendly and welcoming and made us feel at ease instantly. The hotel was very nice, lovely layout and the rooms were great, very comfortable with TV, tea and coffee etc and en suite bathroom. The bar was great, really enjoyed ourselves with karaoke and disco and the food was second to none, the breakfast was to die for with great service! The staff were always on hand day or night and nothing was too much trouble for them. We are definitely going back to this hotel because it felt like a home from home. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any travellers wishing to stay here."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of March 2008

An excellent hotel experience

"I stayed at this hotel this month and found it to be a really friendly place to stay.
MR and MRS Winkley were great hosts and went out of their way to accomodate us.
All the staff we encountered on our stay were pleasant and helpful ( bar man, waitress etc )
The rooms were very clean and well maintaned and were far better than previous places we had stayed in blackpool such as the norbreck and the location is excellent being close to the promenade/central pier.
I stayed at the hotel with my father (60) and my friend and while my friend and I were out on the town my father was more than happy with his evening spent in the lounge bar, so i guess you could say that this hotel really is suited to all ages..
Will definately return AAA."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of March 2008

Great weekend breaks

Good

"My husband and I always stay at the Aberford Hotel for weekend breaks in Blackpool and highly recommend it. The location is great, close to the sea and only a short walk into the town centre. The atmosphere is very warm and friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Deb and Neil run a great hotel we are really looking forward to our next visit in April."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of March 2008

perfect, friendly, clean, hospitable!!

"Deborah and Neil are the friendliest hosts imaginable! I Enjoyed all aspects of the holiday the only down side was it was too brief. The bedroom and hotel were both clean and tidy and exatly what we wanted. All of the staff were frinedly and helpful (especially the bar staff) and the breakfast was second to none. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone and will be visiting again very soon ;)."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of March 2008

The Bad side of Blackpool

"All I can say is this would be the kind of "hotel" that people would go to if they are in Blackpool and are looking for a room to stay for the night and are not at all bothered about the standard of the rooms etc.

Definately not for a family with a young child or for the elderly."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of August 2007

Best Hotel i've stayed in yet!

Good

"Me and my 3 friends went down to Blackpool for a girlie weekend. We did originally book to go to another Hotel but were appalled with the conditions so left in search of somewhere else. We needed somewhere where we could park our cars and wanted somewhere safe and secure. The Aberford didn't have it's own car park so we had to park in the street, but had no problems.
The Hotel is perfectly situated as it's not in the middle of all the nightlife so our cars wouldn't get vandalised and we could sleep at night. It's also a 3 minute walk onto Central and is in the middle of all the shops. Neil and Deb were very polite, hospitable, friendly and welcoming. They let us look at the rooms first because of our previous encounter with the other Hotel.
The rooms were spacious and comfortable. They were very clean and had everything we needed, even an ironing board! We didn't stay for the entertainment as we went out for the nightlife, but we had a few drinks before we went out; which were reasonably priced. Neil and Deb were very helpful and gave us advice on the ebst places to go. They even ordered us a taxi and made sure we all had a taxi card so we could get back safely.
The breakfasts were good and well stocked. There was a menu with different choices we could have including a full English breakfast, cereal, anything on toast, boiled eggs and omeletes. Each table was given a basket of toast and we were able to help ourselves to spreads, tea, coffee, fruit juice and fruit salad.
I have to say that i will definetley be returning to The Aberford Hotel. I personally feel that this Hotel is for more younger people and couples; althought there were a few sets of families there."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of August 2007

Hated it

"aberford hotel blackpool .date july 6 2007 just returned from this hotel after reading rave reports from trip advisor reviews. what a let down.went with my husband and his dad. who is in his late seventies. got to hotel what a mess needs an upgrade definetly a one star not 3 as told. cups in room where filthy hair on glass in bathroom cant print what kind. sockets with nails hanging out off them. went because it said entertainment . none just background music in bar .felt if i was annoying the owner. stag party running riot all night next door to us dindnt get any sleep on that night one the sunday the bar lounge was closed after breakfast because it was the owners night off we had intended to stay in that night and just have a quit night because my father in law was tired so had to go out for a wee while any we wont use this hotel again i only compained about the stag do noise as my father in law doesnt like to cause a fuss. the oner has a cfe next door to his hotel which HIS son runswe ate ine the first ni GHTnextday we just wanted two pints and a coffe to sit outside but we were refused as he said he didnt have a licence to serve alcohol outside fair enough but we spoke to a couple who had been sitting outside for nearly 3 hrs drinking bottles of wine whicw he had served them ANY WAY WE WONT BE BACK."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of July 2007

warmest welcome

"I would just like to share with everyone the wonderful hospitality that myself and my friend were shown when we stayed at the Aberford Hotel the bank holiday weekend Aug 06. Deborah and Neil Winkley really make you feel welcome and part of the family. nothing was too much trouble, from early morning to late at night, they both had smiles for everyone, and encouraged you to join them at the karaoke sing along which they have at nightime. excellent food and great company.

Thanks Neil and Deborah.

Love Janet F (Rochdale)"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of August 2006

"Blackpool at its best"

Good

"Myself and my 2 children received a warm welcome on our arrival at this family run hotel - so welcoming that we returned for a second stay and I would not hesitate to book again if we decide to re-visit Blackpool.

The location is unbeatable being less than a minute from the prom, 2 minutes from Central Pier, 5 minutes from Blackpool Tower and and 5 minute tram ride to the Pleasure Beach.

Nothing was too much trouble and the amongst the other guests were a number who had returned following a previous stay - a sure sign that the owners are doing something right.

"Blackpool at its best""

• Travel date: Wed 1st of February 2006

State of room

"Beds had springs coming through mattress . Bedding filthy duvet quilt all stained . Wouldn't let dog sleep in it . Guy paid and never saw him rest of weekend . Needs a good clean and very old fashioned . Ceiling light hanging off . Dirt on window sill . Better lying on street with cardboard box as it would be cleaner "

• Travel date: Mon 26th of September 2016

Hotels near Aberford Hotel

Stayed at Aberford Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Aberford Hotel

• maganderson by maganderson

"Clean place up as antiquated "