Abbey Lodge Blackpool

31 Palatine Road, Blackpool FY1 4BX England

Good

cant beat it

"tracy and alan stayed hear for 4 nights but could of stayed more steve and dean are very nice and made you feel at home we stayed in the elm room and it was lovley and very big we will be going back for sure only ten minute walk to tower keep up the good work"

• Travel date: Wed 12th of November 2008

Helpfull and friendly

"If you want to stay in Blackpool and like the personal touch, this is the place to stay. Reasonable prices clean rooms, and great food.
Steve, Dean and Pat are great hosts, nothing was too much trouble."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of October 2008

Warm & Friendly, Home from Home

"We have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Abbey Hotel, and to be honest for the reasonable price I paid I wasn't expecting much, but I was very happy with the whole experience. We were greeted at the door by Steve who is a great guy, very funny and friendly and made us feel at home the minute we stepped in. The bar and dining room are both modernly decorated but with a homely atmosphere. We stayed in 'Ash' a deluxe double on the first floor and we were more than happy with it. The bed was a decent double, with a lovely lace canopy over, a good size wardrobe, couple of bedsize cabinets and a dressing table area with TV and freeview. Then steps up to a reasonable size bathroom, with toilet, sink and a good size shower, it was all very clean and with fresh towels and tea and coffee for a few added touches. We only had breakfast there but again more than adequate size and plenty of it. Well cooked and Steve pretty much cooked you what and how you wanted it. We would definately recommend this lovely little guest house to anyone, plus its only 10 mins walk to the central pier. We will be back. Thanks again.
Tracy & John"

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of October 2008

Lovely Stay

"We had a short break at Abbey Hotel, and had a lovely time. The owners were so welcoming and very friendly.

We were in the Aspen room on the top floor, which had a kingsize bed, very comfy. It was very clean, and very well kept. No problems at all. The full english breakfast was perfect, there was also toast and cereal, tea, coffee and fruit juice

We put our car into the secure parking area, which was locked overnight. This was a large car park which held around 25 cars.

Looking forward to going again later in the year."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of July 2008

Great Place to Stay

"Excellent hospitility, excellent food, rooms are clean and tidy along with everything you need, also in a perfect location, ten minute walk from town centre and sea front.
Dean & Steve are great people, make your stay warm and welcome.
Highly recomended.
Wendy & Dennis."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of June 2008

By far the best guest house I've stayed in, in Blackpool

"Ive been coming to Blackpool for the last 6 years and This is the best hotel I've stayed in. The atmosphere is great and the room was fab. Dean and Steve are great hosts and they make you feel very welcome. The food is top notch"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of June 2008

Can't wait to go back

"Arriving in Blackpool on Fri lunchtime we went straight to the hotel..Both Steve and Dean greeted us with a pot of tea after our journey!!
We were helped with our bags and suitcases up to our rooms which was a blessing cos we'd packed for a week instead of a weekend!!!
Myself and my cousin booked a luxury room which was clean,bright,roomy and very comfortable!!! our bathroom was spotless yes a little small but if we wanted large bathroom we would have booked the hilton!!! how much room do u need to have a shower???
Our friend had booked a double room which again was clean,comfy etc etc and still loads of room!!
Breakfast was Fantastic!! a true full english breakfast even black pudding!! if u want..These guys certainly know how to keep you full up for the day...
We decided to stay for sunday dinner too before our journey home wow did we make the right decision 3 course meal with great choice of starters,meats and deserts....real homemade gravy and the honey coated parsnips were delicous!!
We can honestly say that we found no fault with this hotel at all..the guys have owned this since Sept and have done a fantastic job!! yes they work all the hours gods sends and it shows,they make u feel very welcome,friendly out going guys!!!
Thank you for makin us feel home from home cant wait to go back SOON!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 8th of May 2008

ok

"Booked hotel via hotel website. There were 2 couples and 1 single. My partner and I booked the luxury room (most expensive) and all i can say is NO WAY was it luxury!!! the bathrom was soooooo tiny and the shower door was completely broke ie- hanging off!!!! almost impossible to shower!! and my attempt to shower left the bathroom floor soaking!!! The managers response "yes we are aware its broke we are waiting for a part" unacceptable in a "luxury room". The fire alarms are stupid - my party set the firm alarm off twice purely by the steam from the shower, and using hair spray!!

Had a lovely suprise when we returned back to the hotel at 1am! the manager questioning me about my partner as he was not present when we had checked in as he had met me later when he finished work. The manager accused me of just bringing some random man back from off the streets!! i explained the situation, and even went up to my room to get the paperwork to prove he was a paying guest! Very humiliating!!

The only good thing about this hotel was the breakfast which was very nice!!

Also.. dont park in the hotel... down the road (on palatine road) is a car park that charges £5 for 24hrs! much better value!!

x"

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of May 2008

Do not park at this hotel

"ABBEY HOTEL 31 PALATINE ROAD BLACKPOOL

We paid to park our car at this Hotel. We had to drive up a very narrow lane to the back of the Hotel, We parked the car in a small yard.Later the owner of the Hotel asked for our car keys so she could move it tighter in so another car could park at the back. When we went to collect our car three days later, my husband noticed the front was damaged, the hotel owner denied bumping it. Her husband at first was very childish and then very aggressive. If you go to this hotel park somewhere else.
my car was only 4 months old."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of September 2004

best hotel in blackpool

"The most welcoming hotel clean warm Dean and Steve are the best hosts ever they are great nothing was a problem breakfast was superb also BIG THANK YOU TO Dot and Ray so friendly a lovely couple and a big x for Ralph we had the best week ever thanks guys xx"

• Travel date: Thu 5th of June 2014

Hotels near Abbey Lodge Blackpool

Stayed at Abbey Lodge Blackpool? Share your insight.