Hotel Frontage

Good

Great breakfast, ok service, tricky to find!

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"We booked this through a website and it was a bargain at £50 for the night, including breakfast. If this hotel was a 3 star hotel it would be utterly faultless, but as a 4 star hotel a few small criticisms could be made (holes in carpet, room decor, small bathroom). However, the swimming pool, steam room, sauna and jacuzzi were wonderfully clean. All of the staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful and the breakfast was fantastic. We very much enjoyed our night's stay here."

• Travel date: 24th October 2007

Good experience

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"In an area where it'sdifficult to find a good hotel this hotel is great. If you can get an upgrade to asuite even better. Some really good rates, especially on Sunday nights. Try the hotel direct too. Rooms excellent, parking fine, staff friendly and helpful. Bar meals excellent."

• Travel date: 3rd October 2007

Recommeded

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"Stayed there for 1 night last week. Room, staff & restaurant were all excellent. The latter being a bit pricey. There were 4* on their sign which I felt was justifiable."

• Travel date: 25th September 2007

Good value

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"Reception was efficient and friendly. The room clean and comfortable. Limited selection of drinks in one of the bars. Restaurant quality was good, but a bit quiet. The location next to the motorway is convenient, but the requires use of transport. Taxi was obtained quite quickly. Overall the atomsphere is a bit anonymous as my impression was of business meetings and people coming to use the spa facilities. In summary clean, comfortable. Good value when I booked on the hotel web site the night before my arrival."

• Travel date: 7th September 2007

Good all round hotel

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"Just off the M2 this is trying to be a glamourous version of a Premier Travelodge and it goes some way towards this. The room was pleasant with adequate space and the bathroom was very nice with an exceptional shower. There was a bottle of white wine waiting for us in the room which was a nice touch but failed to impress as the wine was warm and the quality pretty nasty. The restaurant was very good, both service and quality a touch above the standard you would expect. In fact considering our dinner was included in the price of the hotel, I would consider this exceptional value. It was nice to have the Spa facilities, although they do look a little tired. We used the pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and massage facilties. No complaints but don't expect the height of luxury. All in all a very nice hotel and I have to say that the staff bring this hotel up in my opinion. They went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant."

• Travel date: 23rd August 2007

A great all round experience!

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"I recently visited the hotel and was pleasantly surprised with my experience. Having read recent reviews of the hotel on tripadvisor I wondered what to expect from my visit! But I have to say I was very pleased with every aspect of the hotel. The location was great just off the motorway and easy to find, plently of parking and a lovely feel to the hotel with the most beautiful flowers on display. The reception staff were warm and friendly and directed me to a very comfortable room with everything I could need and wow what a shower! The swimming pool and gym are compact but again has everyhting on offer including manicures and facials. The restaurant was good value and deliscious and breakfast was just what I need to set me up for the day! All round I thought the hotel was great and I enjoyed my stay, I will definitely be visiting again!"

• Travel date: 4th July 2007

Not the best...

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"I stayed in the hotel for two nights in one of their Suites. It was by far the worse suite I have stayed in to date. Althought the room was fairly nice with new decoration, the bathroom door did not shut and the room was not in a perfect condition as you would expect from the best suite in the hotel. The food service was slow, both room service and in the restaurant. The room service was cold and I had to ring up to see where it was. The gym is small and not modern as you would expect. I expected more for my money, but after coming back from the Burj Al Arab in Dubai maybe I had set my standards too high!"

• Travel date: 15th May 2007

In need of a good clean

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"We've just got back from a mini spa break at Bridgewood Manor, which was a big disappointment. The hotel room was of average standard. But the biggest disappointment was the spa. where do I start ??? The gym is tiny and the machines are old and dated, the carpet, mirrors, walls and machines could do with a clean. Each piece of equipment was sticky and dirty to the touch - yuk. It went down from here. The lockers in the ladies changing room were mostly broken. The pool area is tiny. The Steam room seats 5 people but it's so small if I stood up and stretched my arms out they would touch the walls width ways, it felt 'full' with just myself and other half in the Steam room, so when another couple came in, we shifted knees to the side to allow the other couple room to come in. The Sauna was equally small. The floor area round the pool and pool side showers were filthy. Mould on the walls and between tiles. There are two showers in the changing rooms, these had a thick film of soap and hair on the floor which looked like a few weeks worth of build up. Hairdriers and bags for your wet swimwear was provided along with shower gel, robe and towel. The Spa treatments were great and the treatment rooms were clean. I couldn't fault the Spa staff. We didn't eat in the restaurant . Unfortunately this isn't a hotel I would recommend or go back to. For a 4 Star hotel the standard was poor ."

• Travel date: 5th May 2007

Why does the average UK hotel find quality a problem?

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"A business trip. Contact with the hotel by e-mail was excellent and the staff were very friendly. I up-graded my room. The room itself was of very average quality and in need of both refurbishment and a good clean. The chairs had the visible remains of countless visitors' crumbs etc and the carpet - worn - was in need of a good hoover. The room had a pronounced odour of damp - which was emphasised upon opening the bathroom door. It was summed up by the comments form - which was stained with coffee. The public rooms were quite reasonable but swamped by groups of folk attending courses etc. Some areas appeared off-limits to residents. The bar area was typical England - not at all to my taste. Restaurant was average - service very good but food simply OK."

• Travel date: 11th February 2007

Awful!!

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"My husband and I booked a 3night spa break here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It was the worst thing we could have done. The general decor was outdated, but our room (an "executive" room) was absolutely disgusting!!! The food and service in both the spa and the restaurant left a lot to be desired too! All in all I would urge you to find alternative accomodation if you need to stay in this part of Kent."

• Travel date: 8th January 2007