Premier Inn Folkestone (Channel Tunnel) Hotel

• newspaper
  • paid internet
  • desk
  • complimentary toiletries
  • free public parking nearby
  • coffee tea maker

Great location, staff fantastic

Reviewed 29th March 2013

"I have stayed in several Premier Inns around England. I chose this due to its location, close to the Channel Tunnel. Good value, very good food, but the staff really made it. They were all very helpful. I can only comment on our room and it was in need of re-decoration; it was just a bit weary. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again."

• Travel date: 23rd November 2010

Ideal for channel tunnel stop off

Reviewed 28th March 2013

"We stay here everytime we use the channel tunnel and as a stop off the night before it is ideal being just 4-5 minutes drive from the eurotunnel site. The rooms have always been clean and fresh smelling. We have certainly never experienced the cleanliness problems other reviewers have. There is a restaurant next door which serves better than avergage pub grub and likewise is clean and well presented. The staff in both the restaurant and hotel have without exception been friendly, polite and attentive which to be honest we find in nearly all the premier inn sites. And this was demonstrated on the one occasion we had a complaint. We stayed earlier in June and because it was full and we arrived late we were put in the room next to the main entrance of the annexe building. (NEVER ACCEPT THIS ROOM - SLEEP IN YOUR CAR INSTEAD). We got less than 3 hours sleep but didnt say anything at the time as we were rushing to catch our shuttle but did mention it in the online guest questionnaire they sent us. 2 days later i got a phone call from the manageress and she arranged a full refund under their good nights sleep guarantee and made a note on our next reservation that we should not be given this room. Now thats what i call service and the reason i will use it again."

• Travel date: 25th October 2010

Too darned hot

Reviewed 31st March 2013

"If you need to hunker down for the night before disappearing down the hole to France the next morning, this is in just the right spot. Scenic it isn't, but that's not the point! Of course you know what you're getting at these places, which is fine, but I wasn't expecting to be boiled alive. The rear of our block faced an embankment which presumably posed some sort of security risk, so the window had been nobbled only to open a few inches. The building had heated up during a course of a muggy late July day, and so while noting the plug-in fan supplied with an oh-so-helpful notice saying that Premier Inn had provided it for our comfort, I headed for the aircon control box. This told me that the temperature in the room was 27 degrees, so I selected our desired temperature at 18 degrees and went off to eat. Well, the room never cooled down at all, and despite removing the duvet from its cover and keeping the plug-in fan going, we found sleep elusive and uncomfortable. In the morning the receptionist was apologetic and informed me that despite the box on the wall, there is no air conditioning in these rooms. It's not just broken down - it's not there at all. So why on earth is the box there? Is it just to tell you that no, it's not your imagination, it really IS like a sauna in here? Concerned about our tunnel booking I decided not to pursue Premier's Good Night Guarantee thing but left to cool down elsewhere."

• Travel date: 3rd September 2010

Convenient and Reliable

Reviewed 30th March 2013

"I stay at this hotel regularly when heading too or from the Channel Tunnel, its not one of the great hotels of the world, but it provides a good basic standard of accommodation at a reasonable price. I have stayed here several times and the rooms I have had have always been clean with immaculate bathrooms, the beds are comfortable and food is available on site whcih is important when youre travelling with children. its extremely convenient for the Tunnel terminal. It is a functional hotel, no frills or extras, just a clean and comfortable bed for the night ."

• Travel date: 14th April 2010

Convenient - for one night only.

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"The location of this hotel is great, one junction from the EuroTunnel and situated with a pub/restaurant and a Burger King so even turning up late (about 10pm) wasn't too late to get something to eat. The hotel itself served the purpose - a brief overnight stay before an early morning channel crossing, but we were both glad we weren't staying longer. The room was fine - clean and tidy, it was our olfactory senses that were offended. The bathroom smelled of damp and urine and we had to hold out breath going down the corridor so as not to inhale the very badly disguised smell of vomit. I think in that respect we were just unlucky. The beds weren't great and we both woke up wishing we brought our own pillows as theirs provided as much support as a soggy Ryvita. The above doesn't make the place sound great, but honestly I would probably consider staying there again, knowing what we now do. The staff were friendly and it served the purpose and I'm sure by the time we get back there they will have sorted out the smell in the corridor! I could hack one night of that for £65."

• Travel date: 17th August 2009

Excellent budget business hotel close to M20 & Channel Tunnel

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"Very comfortable Premier Inn just off M20 Folkestone, 5 minutes to Channel Tunnel and two minutes to motorway. Food available at adjoining Brickfield pub with pretty good range of beers, including Spitfire real ale. Breakfast charged at £7.50, all you can eat, good standard."

• Travel date: 10th June 2009

Fine and dandy

Reviewed 1st March 2013

"Basically tucked away in a sort of industrial estate near cheriton. Standardized the way all premier inns are - which is to a clean and basically comfortable finish. With this hotel, you are not paying for the view. As I stated, it is in a business park and is engulfed by a large car park- not particularly dirty, but the rear of the second building appears to hide a fly tipping site. Tabletable, PT's own brand of hotel gastropub [restauraunt and bar] is situated right beside, and serves quality food at an OK price. Apparently, most people stay here not to visit the environs, but to push off early to the nearby channel tunnel. This was especially pronounced at the weekends, when the hotel was bunged solid. Unfortunately again, the walls are quite thin- and you can easily hear every toilet flush, TV and late night conversation. People heading for the tunnel early in the morning have probably spent all day travelling and will have frayed tempers. I heard one irate traveller banging on someone else's door who was snoring loudly. "GAG HIM! GAG HIM!" he shouted between thumps on the door!! All in all, a basic hotel that will provide a decent level of comfort and shops/ameneties are very close by. But don't stay for the view or easy access to local attractions, unless you have a car."

• Travel date: 28th May 2009

an excellent premier inn

Reviewed 25th February 2013

"This Premier Inn was easy to book (did it online from Canada), the staff was extremely helpful and of good humour. The room was in excellent condition, bathroom was clean (no icky molds in the corners), everything in good condition, bed was comfortable. There was road noise but the hotel is right next to a major highway so all things considered there was very little of it. We did not stay for breakfast (an extra charge). Remember that it is a basic hotel so it doesn't have any frills but when all you want is a safe, clean place for the eveniing it isperfect."

• Travel date: 25th May 2009

Pleasant surprise

Reviewed 20th February 2013

"Needed an inexpensive hotel in Folkestone for an over-night stay whilst attending a friend's 60th birthday party. Whilst this is technically a "budget" hotel, we were really surprised at the quality of the rooms and facilities. Parking is good. Access is just off motorway. The bar/restaurant is better than you usually find attached to such hotels. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent. Would have no hesitation in using this chain again. Excellent value!"

• Travel date: 14th February 2009

Fantastic for families

Reviewed 19th February 2013

"Fantastic!!!! After travelling for 6 and half hours with husband, tom tom sat nav, and 6 children, we were to say the least tired, irritable and hungry! Check in was fast, friendly and effecient. Rooms were as always sizeable (we have 4 persons per room, so have 2 pull outs on the floor), spacious even with extra beds and extremely clean, bathrooms good too. We were booked straight into the restaurant where again the staff could not have been more helpful and looked after us very well, the childrens meals were brilliant value for money however the only dissapointing thing was the adult meals, not great unfortunatly, but we did speak to them about it the following morning and they were grateful for our comments. After a fantastic night sleep, we all had the biggest and tastiest breakfast ever! All the usual cereals, yoghuts, fresh fruits, muffins, fresh bread, full English, you name it it was there!!!!! All the children ate free and our older boys are teenagers and had the same amount to eat as my husband and this was not a problem at all! A great place to stop on route to the channel tunnel and we will definatly be back there again, thanks Premier Inn!!!!"

• Travel date: 21st July 2008

Very good budget hotel

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"I was very impressed with my stay at this hotel. I expected it to be quite basic because it is a budget hotel. However, the rooms were quiet, comfortable, well furnished, and fixtures fittings and decor looked relatively new. They have a policy of making you aware that they are happy to change your room if you are not comfortable, but that wasn't necessary. I ate in the bar, a Beefeater, three times in the evening. The food is good quality, price, reasonable sized portions and was served fairly quickly after ordering. They also have real ale at the bar which you don't often see in hotel chains. I was also pleased with the service in that I lost one of my cards in the bar, but staff found it and returned it to me via reception with no harm done. Breakfast was of very good quality, cooked to order and there was excellent service from the waiting staff even at busy times. The price of a full english breakfast seemed expensive, but you can have as much as you want to get your money's worth. There is one thing they could do to improve the rooms. They only have terrestrial channels 1 to 4 on the TV. I don't expect Sky in a budget hotel, but they could at least provide a couple of Freeview channels, especially as they have got Freeview in the bar. TV is one of the few ways to entertain yourself at a Premier Inn hotel because, as a budget hotel chain, they don't have gyms and they are often located out of town. Instead, there is actually advertising posters in the rooms saying come to the bar if you don't like what's on TV. So the lack of TV channel choice is actually used to make you go to the bar and spend more money with them. On the subject of customer service I was pleased to note that Premier Inn send you an email survey (if they have your address) to ask for feedback; and they follow this up if you don't reply to the first email, so clearly they are keen to get customer feedback. In conclusion, it was a good stay and I would return there again. Please be aware that the hotel is a couple of miles from the seafront and town centre, but as such it's only a short drive away."

• Travel date: 16th May 2008

Good stopover when using the Tunnel

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"A Travel Inn just ten minutes from the Channel Tunnel check in, in a quiet location on the outskirts of Folkestone. Rooms are typical Travel Inn, good size, clean, with the facilities you need. Reception & breakfast staff friendly. Breakfast in new restaurant – good range in above average environment."

• Travel date: 10th September 2007

Hotels near Premier Inn Folkestone (Channel Tunnel) Hotel

Premier Inn Folkestone (Channel Tunnel) Hotel is also called

• Premier Inn Folkestone - Channel Tunnel
  • premier inn folkestone (channel tunnel) hotel folkestone
  • premier inn folkestone (channel tunnel) hotel