Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa

Exterior

About Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa

• baggage storage
  • breakfast in the room
  • express check in check out
  • currency exchange
  • heated pool
  • indoor pool
  • solarium

Good

Public areas are good but the rooms are tired

Reviewed 21st December 2012

"Public areas have been recently renovated and give a great first impression of the hotel. Staff were all very friendly, attentive and professional. However, Thistle desperately need to invest some money into upgrading the rooms. Our room was tired, dreary and tatty. The capet had stains on it, the bed was lumpy, and the shower in the bathroom leaked and water flew out from all directions as the shower head needed replacing. The view from our room was onto an outbuilding which gave off a rather strange smell, although we could (just) about see the race track! Breakfast was good - hot and plentiful. If they upgraded the rooms this would be a very good hotel."

• Travel date: 13th January 2008

Very dissapointing

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"Trip advisor member UK Booked an inclusive fine dining experience in a deluxe double room. On arrival I was told that the restaurant was booked for a function and therefore I could eat in the bar. However as the bar was full I had to eat in my room. Although the food was good I had too wait ages for the food too arrive and when I complained the manager offered to refund the cost of my first nights stay. My room (216) had stains to the carpets and walls, the hot water tap in the bathroom did not work, the shower was luke warm and the room stank of cheap air freshener. The reception areas to the hotel are modern and quite pleasant and the leisure club is good and the staff friendly and helpful. However the room was very poor and the hotel should have informed me before I arrived that the restaurant would be unavailable particularly as I booked the fine dining experience. I would therefore avoid this hotel in future."

• Travel date: 16th November 2007

Great staff

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"Excellent service, friendly chatty staff, nothing too much trouble, just ask and they will do, or so it seemed to me. Room fab with loads of bits and bobs, mags, water, mini bar, robe and sweeties (dont need those thanks!) Chockies on pillow ! (Great I'll have those thanks!) Wonderful spa and pool and all that lovely stuff to make you bootiful. Bathroom wasn't up to much, bit dated but nice hot strong shower and nice toiletries too. Found it a bit on the chilly side in the restaurant so bring your cardi, but food terrific. Exciting seeing all the cars and bikes wizzing around though not into that much. Real nice atmosphere in the bar and lounge, footie on the humongous TV so I was happy."

• Travel date: 16th August 2007

Mingle with racing stars - if you can spot them! Bugatti Bar food not good!

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"Based on the site of the famous Brands Hatch race track!!! see and hear) superbikes (and presumably cras) come and go... I didn't have time to go look at bikes doing practice laps, but if you're intersted I'd check public access first . I was told the big names (presumably those not flown in by helicopter) and race crews stay there...so if you know the racing sports could be fun to spot them! Stayed here on a business trip ... room great (though you have to walk a way to it, as the hotel is a sprawling single storey place)...and no volunteer to help with your bags! Room - fine TV in room - why is the first thing that comes up every time you turn on the TV "rent an adult movie tonight" - is this just a sign that the place is mostly occupied by guys !!!! Bugatti Bar - (the hotel bar) Jeeeez the aircon was so ferocious, I get into conversation with TWO other groups of guests who had all joined us asking for it to be turned back a notch... our request was laughed off by the staff, so we had to get a fleece to wear!! Bugatti Bar Food - pretty rubbish selection. Only veggie option was mozerella salad. The chips were some horrible bulk-bought freezer-to-over potato pulp (oven chips I get at home are better) Breakfast (most important meal for me) - excellent !!! Service fantastic. I really mean it. Individual Cafetiere of coffeee delicious, and refilled without asking. Cooked breakfast was freshly made and tasty and filling. BOTTOM LINE - good for business stopover. Wouldn't eat in the Bugatti bar again."

• Travel date: 2nd August 2007

Excellent Value

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"Stayed here in April 07, was very impressed with the size of the room. Room service was excellent. Reception Service was excellent. I would definitely recommend"

• Travel date: 3rd May 2007

Comfortable but chilly!!!

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"We spent a pleasant weekend here (2 nights) and were very impressed. The service is excellent and the breakfast plentiful. I often find with buffet breakfast the eggs are overdone and the food lukewarm but here the plates and food were hot. Nothing was under or over cooked. The waiting staff were efficient and asked us towards the end of our breakfast if we wanted more toast or coffee.Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. The only problem was the heating. The corridors were freezing and there was no radiator in our room. The warm air heating was pathetic so we used a portable heater that was under the desk. However that would not put us off a return visit. All in all I would recommend it most highly."

• Travel date: 23rd January 2007

S Superb Staying Experience

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"We have just returned from a two night stay and are really impressed with this place. Granted the corridors are a bit tired, but that is way made up for by the superb staff, excellent service, great atmosphere and wonderful cuisine. For under a hundred pounds per night this was an absolute bargain, and a real recommendation for thistle if the others are as good as this."

• Travel date: 1st December 2006

Great hotel!

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"Just come back from a wonderful stay at the Thistle hotel, Brands Hatch. The hotel has a great lobby and really welcoming and helpful staff on reception, indeed throughout the whole hotel. The room was comfortable, shower fine although the tiles in the bathroom did need some update as a few were cracked. When I first sat on the bed I wondered if it was going to be a problem as there is a wooded border around it but actually I had a good night’s sleep. The spa and gym was great! The pool was really lovely and had a great atmosphere to it. Perhaps the best thing about our stay was the food. We had dinner in the restaurant and it was really extremely good food. We weren’t sure what to expect but the chef really does know what he is doing and a real care is taken on presentation. Definitely worth a visit!"

• Travel date: 18th April 2006

Booked expecting a kind of Travel Lodge ...

Reviewed 2nd April 2006

"Booked expecting a kind of Travel Lodge experience, but got the full 5* treatment. The presentation of the food was as good as you would expect in a Michelin starred restaurant and the taste was just stunning. What a surprise the service in this hotel was. Room wise, we stated in a superior room and although like all normal hotels, there is the odd sign that certain bits are getting a little tired ( the room was better than at my recent VERY EXPENSIVE stay at a certain 5* Park Lane Hotel in London). The staff in this hotel make you feel very special and as we stayed on an all inclusive basis, what it offered in bucket loads was value for money. Give it a go, you will not feel robbed. Well done Thistle Hotel Brands Hatch."

• Travel date: 2nd April 2006

Great Hotel

Reviewed 9th October 2012

"I recently stayed at the Thistle Brands Hatch and was extremly pleased with my stay. The recently refurbished lounge was a pleasure to sit in and i found the free use of the wireless internet a fantastic bonus. All the staff i met during my stay were very plesant and very helpful. The restaurant and sports bar were really good and the food in the restaurant was of a very high standard. The health club again was again a fantastic bonus and i really enjoyed my swim in the pool and found it most relaxing. All in all i will definatly use this hotel again and will recommend it to both friends and collegues."

• Travel date: 8th March 2006

Dismal in Dartford

Reviewed 21st December 2012

"The Thistle at Brands Hatch is billed as a superior 3 star hotel ... personally I would label it as exceedingly tatty and in desparate need of a major refurbishment. Staff were untrained and inexperienced. Rooms were dreary with dirty net curtains and empty minibars. The choice of menu in the restaurant was very limited (predominantly steak). The only positive remark I can make is about the excellent gymnasium."

• Travel date: 11th November 2003

Hotels near Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa

Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa is also called

• Thistle Brands Hatch Hotel
  • thistle brands hatch dartford
  • brands hatch hotel