Exterior

Good

I stayed here in November because we wer...

Reviewed 16th January 2008

"I stayed here in November because we were en-route to the channel tunnel for a short break to Disneyland Paris, and this particular Travelodge is quite close to the tunnel terminal. It is an perfectly acceptable, clean hotel with usual basic standard of Travelodge accomodation you expect for the money. The room was clean, spacious, with tea and coffee making facilities and the all-important comfortable bed ensured a great nights sleep."

• Travel date: 16th January 2008

Great Location, A+ Staff, Ideal!

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"Stayed here 5 nights for a bargain £75 thanks to a half term deal which was a fab saving! The Ashford Travelodge is on a site called the 'Eureka Leisure Park' which has a pizza hut, Burger King, Frankie & Bennys, KFC and Cineworld Cinema. You also have Bannatynes Health Club. On arrival the carpet in the room was messy and didn't look like it had been hoovered, my partner complained and the staff were very apologetic and made sure it was done straight away. A member of staff came to see us later on and offered us free all you can eat breakfast the next morning which we enjoyed! . (Normal cost £7.50 each) Rooms are a decent size and our bed was comfy. We had a view of the pond which was nice. The room was cleaned well everyday. Bathroom was also fine, powerful shower, plenty of towels plus the handy heated towel rail. TV channels you get are 1,2,3 & 4. ITV can be temperamental. You can pay to watch movies which is £6 per day. They have a bar with a nice selection of drink/food next to reception. A few more leaflets would be a good idea for the reception, they only had one. I used the Iron hire service which was a godsend! All of the staff were very friendly and so helpful with anything we needed to know :) I would stay here again and would book in advance to get the good rates!"

• Travel date: 14th March 2007

good location...but...

Reviewed 8th October 2012

"yeah its a travelodge...so you dont expect much, but this one does have about the best location if your looking for a stopover on the way to or from the chunnel. staff were nice, even did us some food 5 mins after they should've stopped serving. only prob i had was the bed....think it must have had a previous life as a trampoline...must be the softest bed i've ever tried to sleep on...gave up and moved to the sofa eventually!"

• Travel date: 12th October 2006

It's a Travelodge... what more do you want?

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"Reception average, presentation average... the room was big-ish and clean, quiet and comfortable. We skipped on the breakfast as it seemed very expensive for what it was..."

• Travel date: 11th July 2006

Does the job pre-ferry.

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"Fine - would recommend for a quick stop over before / after ferry. Hotel had boiler problems (!) but we were given a discount for taking a smoking room (didn't smell at all to be fair - hotel seems fairly new). Reasonable bar area with TV, but this hotel really benefits from the neighbouring outlets - fast food, pizza hut, cinema etc so you have a good choice of (basic) eateries. 2 year old loved pull out bed (very low to floor). Breakfast surprisingly good (eat in option, but takeaway option also provided). Took a couple of croissants for the crossing !!"

• Travel date: 3rd June 2006

Trying to contact the Travel Lodge!

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"I have found it impossible to speak to anyone regarding a possible booking. The answer to my question was not available on line. I used another hotel."

• Travel date: 26th May 2006

great place for an early start to the ports

Reviewed 14th October 2012

"this year decided to stop over near the port for our onward journey to france, when we arrived the hotel was 20 minutes to dover so took it easy in the morning. near a leisure complex bowling, cinema even a living well if you are feeling fit!! plenty of places to eat pizza hut franky and bennys. rooms were clean and well maintained reception open 24 hours which was helpful when my son fell ill in the night they could tell me where the nearest 24hr supermarket was. overall excellent night spent here will stay again when traveling to france."

• Travel date: 6th March 2006

Basic,clean,comfortable,convenient,good value for money.

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"We have stayed in this Travellodge twice now with our grandaughter. Both times we have had clean comfortable rooms with adequate bedding, tea & coffee, shampoo, soap, towels etc. The breakfast is very good and the lodge is surrounded by other eating houses like MC Donalds, Pizza Hut KFC and a cinema so you can entertain yourself. It is very well situated for the euro tunnel and the staff are very friendly and accomodating. Look out for their fantastic offers of rooms for £26. I work in the travel industry myself and recommend this lodge to all my customers looking for a stop over for the euro tunnel."

• Travel date: 4th January 2006

Wouldn't recommend

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"I came off Eurotunnel at 1am, having missed my earlier train. I had booked for 2 adults and 1 child, price was good, only 26 GBP. There was no bedding for my child, and I had to go to reception to get a duvet for her. The room hadn't been cleaned properly, the desk was covered with a sticky substance and the bath had the last person's hairs still in it. Yuk! Unfortunately, we had a change of plans and had to stay in England a little longer, so we booked to go back into the Travelodge as it was the only place we knew near the Tunnel. Again no bedding for my child, and this time, we didn't even have a bar of soap. There was a warning on the website that one channel didn't work properly, but we had bad reception on all channels, and there was no Channel five. I wouldn't stay there again, and will look for alternative accomodation in that area, or even change my Tunnel bookings so that my night stop is in Calais. On the positive side, the breakfast is incredibly good value for 6.50 per adult, and children eat free. There's a good choice, and it includes a cooked breakfast with bacon and sausage."

• Travel date: 15th November 2005

Basic Accommodation

Reviewed 21st October 2012

"Basic, noisy and stiflingly hot. No bathmat, tissues, shampoo or soap in en-suite bathrooms, otherwise acceptable. One TV station didn't work but the hotel did notify of this problem on their website. Situated just off the motorway, this is a very convenient stopover for the Channel Tunnel and other links to Europe."

• Travel date: 11th September 2005

Ideal Stopover !

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Ideal stopover, for Eurostar and the Channel Ports. On a large leisure park complex. KFC, Burger King, Pizza Hut and Cinemas all next door to this Hotel. All rooms very good. As its so popular, never discounted, but at £59 per night for a family its still good value. Nice Little Chef on the Ground Floor. Ashford International only 15 minutes drive."

• Travel date: 25th August 2004