About The Belmont Hotel.

• coffee shop amenities
  • sauna

Fantastic time at The Belmont

Reviewed Tue 24th of June 2008

"We stayed here in May 2008 for 4 nights and cannot thank Alan and his team enough for making us so welcome. The booking was made direct with the hotel and included the ferry crossings. Alan was very pleasant to deal with and everything was dealt with efficiently. We booked the superior room (no. 20) which was large, comfortable and in keeping with the rest of the hotel, was spotlessly clean and well maintained. Breakfast was a delight and individually cooked to order, rather than the usual buffet style. As a vegetarian, I was impressed with both the choice and the quality of the food. I understand from my partner that the sausages and bacon were impressive too!! Nothing was too much trouble for Alan and his team. We would highly recommend the Belmont to anybody and hope to return soon."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of June 2008

Very Enjoyable Stay!

Reviewed Mon 14th of January 2013

"My wife and I stayed here for four nights. We booked the Premier Room and we were not disappointed, spacious, clean and comfy. Very warm welcome when we arrived and tea tray, nice touch. Also tea making facilities in room.
Friendly and helpful, Alan and his team did their best to make our stay great. Service was very good.
Well the breafasts were top notch and with me being a Veggie they have a nice options, so you will not starve for breakfast here.
Parking in the front of the hotel and a short walk to the village or sea front.
All in all a great place to stay. They do not do evening meals but this suited us as we could pick or choose where to eat in the evenings. The breakfasts are that good we did not need lunch.
Would definitely recommend this hotel and would return for sure."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of May 2008

What value!

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"We decided to take my elderly father away for a long weekend to the Isle of Wight. After reading reviews of various hotels, we selected The Belmont. What a great experience!

The rooms were small, but were very clean and had everything you needed for a long weekend. Our room had a shower ensuite and my father's had a bath/shower ensuite.

The whole hotel is clean, the staff polite and more than willing to help you. Alan, the proprietor whisks your bags away to your room whilst you are still checking in. Tina, the receptionist, is friendly and willing to help in any way she can.

Breakfast is a lovely experience. The food is very very good and the choice is excellent.

The Belmont is marvellous value for money. Well done to Alan and all his team."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of September 2007

Lovely hotel, great pool, friendly staff

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"Went over to the Isle of Wight for the Weekend and stayed a night here; with the sunny weather, the pool area was fantastic, and even later in the evening the water was lovely and warm. Staff including the owner very friendly and helpful."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of September 2007

Comfi hotel with great breakfasts and friendly owner

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"Excellent hotel and fitted the spot for our short break. The breakfasts were excellent and the owner was friendly and helpful. We only had time to use the pool once but it was clearn and comfortable. We booked the family room for more space (there were only two of us) and it was well worth it along with great views, Overall a great stay and would recommend this hotel to folk of all ages. My only small gripe was low water pressure but as our room was at the top of the building this could be understood.."

• Travel date: Sat 8th of September 2007

Made very Welcome

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"We were made very welcome and given lots of local information Large clean double room. No noise. Lovely heated swimming pool and amazing breakfasts!"

• Travel date: Sun 17th of June 2007

Fantastic Stay

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"We have just come back from a fantastic stay at the Belmont hotel in Shanklin. I would definitely recommend the hotel. Our room was large and had a sea view. It was a lovely room and bathroom. The breakfasts are great and as it was Easter we had hot cross buns as an addition for breakfast on Friday and a thorntons mini easter egg on Sunday. It's the small touches that make a difference. The owners are very warm and friendly giving local knowledge.
The old village is beautiful with thatched cottages. We ate at : Pavaroti's italian which was fantastic, highly recommend it, but make sure you book at the weekend. Vernons cottage? I think it was called that, very picturesque property, which again was nice and the Indian which served very hot food, if you like chillis then go, if not go elsewhere or have a Korma.
I would definitely stay at the Belmont again and will be recommending it to family and friends when they go to the Isle of Wight."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of April 2007

A perfectly fine hotel

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Came here with a group on a walking holiday. A friendly welcome. Warm, comfortable. Very reasonably priced.

For local restaurants we tried The Cottage just fown the road - fabulous and recommended by the hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of October 2006

A Warm Welcome

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"My husband and I, plus 2 relatives stayed here for 3 nights and were made to feel very welcome. Our room was extremely clean and comfortable, overlooking a garden with a an outdoor swimming pool. Breakfast was very good, plenty of choice. We were within walking distance from Shanklin Old Town and local restaurants. The owners gave us plenty of information and were extremely helpful. We found the small bar very useful for a night cap before retiring for the night. Would definitely stay there if we ever go back to the Isle of Wight."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of June 2006

Hotels near The Belmont Hotel.

The Belmont Hotel. is also called

• The Belmont

Similar hotels around The Belmont Hotel.