Very Friendly, Amazing Breakfast and a Fantastic Room

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"My partner and I decided to stay in the Premier room, which was well worth the extra money. It has just been refurbished and has a wonderful bathroom and possibly the worlds most comfortable bed.....ITS MASSIVE!!
The stay at Bedford Lodge was wonderful. The breakfast in the morning is stunning, sourcing local farms for its ingredients makes for a great Full English.
Karena is a great host, friendly and very enthusiastic.
We definately recommend you stay at Bedford Lodge, and when you are in Shanklin, have dinner at Morgans and Saffrons"

• Travel date: Wed 20th of August 2008

Fantastic

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"Having just spent 3 days at this wonderful B&B we have had a fantastic time. Karena and all the other staff were lovely. Our stay was perfect (other than the rain, but we can't control the weather) Would definately recomend this B&B. We paid the very small amount extra for a Premier room. Being a young couple we found it quite difficult to find anywhere that was modern and to our tast on the isle, without having to spend huge amounts of money. The Bedford Lodge was just perfect. Our room was not huge, but had everything we needed with wonderful views. We had a very modern style to the room with flat screen tv on the wall, modern furnishings and a lovely shower room. Could not fault the room at all. The breakfast were great, and served at a very sensible time 8.30-10.00, so that you can still have a bit of a lay in. I would definately return. On one day we drove round the whole isle and i would definately rate Shanklin as one of the nicest areas. Eating in the area is great. The only problem is there is too much choice. Would definately recomend 'The Village Inn' 'The Crab' and the pizza from 'Pavorrotis'. We only wish we had stayed longer."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of July 2008

Five Star Service

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"I stayed here last month and was hugely impressed. The lady who runs it was extremely friendly and welcoming; nothing was too much trouble. There was a great atmosphere about the place that set tone for a great weekend.

The location is perfect and just a stroll away from the beach. I would fully recommend anyone visiting the Isle of Wight to stay here.

On a final note, the cooked breakfast was the best I've ever had!!"

• Travel date: Sat 12th of July 2008

Lovely and great location

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"The lady who owns the Bedford Lodge is very friendly and very helpful. She arranged the ferry booking for us and got it a little bit cheaper than we could.

We had a premier room on the top floor which was very comfortable and the breakfast was good. The Bedford Lodge is ideally situated in Shanklin old villiage. We booked dinner at the Village Inn (on recommendation) which was only 5 mins walk away. The food was OK and there was live music which was excellent.

We would definately stay here again but found IOW to be very expensive so take plenty of spending money!"

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of April 2008

A warm and friendly welcome

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"We have just come back from a long weekend on the Isle of Wight. We stayed at Bedford Lodge in Shanklin Old Town. A most convenient location for pubs and restaurants. The owner is very welcoming, nothing is to much trouble. The breakfast is cooked to order so is hot and delicious.

A real home from home. This hotel is right near the beach and a super location if you have a dog as there is a park opposite.

The rooms are small but clean. Great value for money."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of April 2008

Really nice & homely

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"I had the pleasure of staying at the Bedford Lodge on business. For someone who spends nights away from home most weeks I must say that I was made so welcome by Karena, her such high level of care & attention was so much appreciated. I rate this the "Best Ever" that I ever received. Karena's knowledge of the local area is excellent & she likes very much that her guests experience only the best eating establishments (& believe me there are many...) It may be a while unfortunately :-( before I can return but I would like to recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in Shanklin for a very relaxing & enjoyable time."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of April 2008

Lovely!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Just back from a weekend stay at The Bedford Lodge and we really loved it! We had a premier room which was lovely, modern and clean and had amazing views of rolling hills. Its quite hard to find modern rooms on the IOW we found so we were delighted!

Karena who runs the B&B is very friendly and cheerful and will help out with any requests you have. The B&B is also in a lovely location with all of the Pubs and Restaurants of Shanklin Old Village just a few minutes walk away."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of April 2008

location location!

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"The ownership changed after we booked and the new owners have started a programme of refurbishment which the rooms do need. We asked for a room change which was carried out with no problem at all. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was very nice although some fresh fruit and freshley squeezed orange juice would have been even better! A complimentary home made cake was always on the bar when we returned at the end of the day. The location is very good. We did not like Shanklin Esplanade it was too full of amusements and kiss me quick hats but Shanklin Old Village is very sweet and charming with a good variety of places to eat - all within walking distance of the hotel. Be careful when approaching the Hotel - one side is one way, which we missed! The hotel has it's own car park which is great but it needs a small a sign as it is very hidden."

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of June 2007

Highly recommended

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"I spent a long weekend at the Bedford Lodge in June of this year... what a wonderful place! Shanklin Old Village is so quaint and the beach is only a 10-minute walk away. More importantly, the lady who runs the B&B is so friendly and really helpful; she knows a lot about the area and can recommend places to eat and visit. My husband and I felt so at home here, and have already planned another trip for later on in the year! The breakfast was lovely too, and you could tell a lot of time and effort had gone into making it... you certainly won't find any fatty bacon or over-cooked eggs at this place! Highly recommended."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of June 2007

Lovely little B&B with great staff

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"We stayed here for three nights during the Isle of Wight Festival 2007 and were very impressed. It's a lovely little B&B, made better by the exceptionally helpful and friendly staff. While the rooms are fairly basic, everything is clean and well set out, with lovely terraces outside the rooms. A short walk to both the sea and the old town, with easy connections to the rest of the island."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of June 2007