About Sorrento Lodge

Good

Easy to see why it's Trip Advisor Number 1!

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"I booked this B & B as it was Number 1 on here. We were not disappointed! We had room 6, overlooking the beach at the back & it was lovely! Quite a large room with a double bed & a single, so would have slept 3 adults if required. Room has a separate shower room. It was a lovely, quiet B& B, and was exceptionally clean. We booked direct with the B&B, over the phone & paid £70 for a Saturday night in June. There was just too much breakfast the next day that my other half had to leave some! Trust me, that's quite a statement!! If & when, we come back to the IOW, we will definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of June 2010

Wonderful

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"This is the best b&b, even better than the hotels i've stayed in on the I.O.W..
we had booked 2 rooms, my son and his wife was given the honeymoon suite, that room has amazing views, if you want something special, go for that room..
both rooms had a large flat screen telly, with freeview.. the rooms was spotlessly clean, the tea tray, was full of all types tea, coffee, latte, cappachinos, hot chocolatte, ovalteen, and so many packets of biscults, that was filled every day..
The breakfast was lovely,and so big we didnt have to eat again till the evening.
the location is good, right on the front, and only a 10 mins walk to the town..
We go to the I.O.W 2 or 3 times a year, the sorrento lodge is the only place i will stay from now on................"

• Travel date: Fri 7th of May 2010

Big problem was solved amicably

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Everything that has been written about Sorrento Lodge on here is true. The rooms are beautiful, the breakfast is sumptuous, the location is great and Gary was indeed very friendly.
We had a huge problem in that we stayed over the Christmas period and there was no breakfast nor room service and we hadn't been made aware of this. We were informed when we arrived that this was the situation. To be fair, I do not think this was Gary's fault. When I checked out I told him what I thought was a fair price for me to pay on account of the lack of service and lack of notice given and he accepted this without question and was very apologetic.
I would return to this hotel but not at Christmas when it is obvious that the hosts want to take a clearly well-deserved break.
The miniatures are lovely as are the biscuits and range of teas in the room!"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of December 2009

Absolutely Brilliant Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"We stayed at Sorrent Lodge for three night 10th to 13th October. It was very convenient as we have family living in Ryde. The bedroom was large, clean, nicely decorated and very comfortable.It had a large flat screen TV. Not to mention the nice touch of chocolates on the pillow when the room was made up.
Our breakfast was amazing. My husband went for the' full english ' on the first morning. there was so much he had a half size one on following mornings. We have stayed in a number of guest houses and hotels on the Island but this is by far the best. I feel that I shouldn't write this review in case they get so booked up that we wont get in next time we visit. We would 100% recommend the Sorrento Lodge."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of October 2009

Simply the best

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"My business requires me to stay on the Isle of Wight for periods of up to six weeks at a time several times a year. The Sorrento Lodge offers more than just bed and breakfast. The location of the Sorrento is ideal for restaurants in Ryde, five minutes walk to the town centre, easy access for the Hovercraft, Fast Cat and Ferries. Good off road parking with a gauranteed space. The rooms provide above the normal standard of cleanliness with all the extras would expect to find in a five star hotel. 'I dare you to ask for a full English breakfast'.
Sue and Gary are without doubt the best hosts that I have ever encountered on my travels absolutely nothing is a problem."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of September 2009

Best Room I've ever stayed in!

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"Sue and Gary are very relaxed hosts - relaxed in that they let you get on and if you need anything, they are always there to help and assist. Our room was a double and was massive, it even had a spare made up bed to put our suitcases on! An en suite bathroom topped off a very clean, neat and comfortable room, with chocolates and buscuits on your pillow everyday. I forgot to to metion the breakfasts! You will see in other reveiews that these are delicious but huge! You can pick and mix your cooked breakfast, where cereal, fresh fruit, toast and yoghurt is available. The property has its own parking - a must in Ryde as everywhere is residents parking and it is also right on the beachfront. Ryde is a great location to travel from. Its near Fisbourne ferry terminal and all the nice parts of the IOW. Ryde itself is ok, there are some nice pubs but there are nicer parts to see such as Shanklin and Ventnor. Oveall, the Sorrento is a B & B but at 4 star hotel standard, it really is a good find."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of August 2009

Easter Break

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"Sue & Gary are the perfect hosts, offering the best service you could imagine. They have got the rooms spot on, even down to the easter egg the easter bunny left on the pillow along with chocolate and a biscuit. What a location, right on the front of Ryde overlooking the harbour. There is nothing that you could not like. Sorrento Lodge has been refurbished to a very high standard. Large room with en-suite."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of April 2009

2 Day Easter Break

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"A great B&B in a lovely island. Despite the grey skies and intermittent dirzzle over the Easter weekend we were so glad we chose this B&B. The house is attractive and has been recently upgraded. The outside still has scaffolding. The owners live downstairs so the entrance is not on the sea view side. The first thing to hit us was the warmth ... much needed that weekend. Rooms are lovely; we asked for, and got, a seaview Paid £70 per night which included the biggest full English I have ever experienced. So much so that I had to ask for one of everything the following morning. Clean room; almost georgian in appearance with sash windows which retain the character. Great location; little parkway/walkway on the left hand side leading on to the Esplanade and then the sea. Terrific ensuite; clean, fresh, soap, cream, fluffy white towels, chocolate on pillow, easter egg on Easter Sunday .... Great flat screen for telly watching in bed if the weather is poor and warmth. Comfy bed; all clean. And the tea tray ... proper white cups that take a good amount of tea ... none of these dreadful little cups you see someplaces. oodles of choice from cappuchinos, lattes, biscuits, chocolates etc. We are the walkign/cycling variety of tourist (can recommend TavCycles at the top of the high street (long walk) for cycle hire although renting a car may be cheaper!!! £12 per person per day but they were new bikes and the Isle really lends itself to walkers and cyclists ... absolutely wonderful and safe and so refreshing and friends .....

So back the Sorrento Lodge. Our hosts were friendly and responsive and the presentation and attention to detail is commendable. I wish them well, they have worked for it.

When in Ryde do talk a walk toawards seaview and continue to walk with the sea to your left until you get out of Ryde and into Seaview proper. Great pub in the corner (can't remember the name) but really terrific place to see the sun set."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of April 2009

Simply Wonderful... must go....... by anupam&shilpa

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"place is simply beautiful..... with delicious english breakfast, rooms r quite spacious n nice , with loads of .... coffee,tea, cookies, choclates...etc etc.....in d room, with lovely beach infront of the house..........., very friendly hosts..................:) i would really love to go back to this place again.............though slightly expensive but worth for wat i paid - 75£/ night....."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of April 2009

Best place to stay in Ryde!!

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"This is the greatest place to stay in Ryde and I would probably have to say in the Isle of Wight. My husband and I stayed here for a week in July. The location is perfect and the rooms overlook the beach and it is very quiet. The rooms were beautiful. The whole hotel is very very clean. Sue and Kelly prepare the most wonderful breakfasts every morning that is served in the beautiful breakfast room!! Sue, Gary, and Kelly are very nice friendly people! Don't think about it twice, stay at the Sorrento Lodge Bed & Breakfast!"

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of September 2008