This hotel is now closed.

Hotels near Casati House

Good

Surely the Islands best kept secret

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Having stayed in the French quarters, which has the breakfast balcony and breathtaking views of the Solent, taking in the Portsmouth Spinnaker Tower where Champagne was served with my breakfast of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon each day, which I often requested be served to my room. I can not imagine anywhere more fabulous to take up residence away from home. I found it great value for money, with a discerning wine list, reasonably priced drinks and walking distance to the ferry service between Portsmouth and Ryde. For me this B&B the perfect place for my Island stop over. The rooms are beautifully styled and generously furnished. I highly recommend it and love the fact it has a members only quality about it. Big thanks to the Head of House James and his staff who really looked after me. This is the perfect place for blushing brides to decamp and be spoilt and pampered. Make sure you meet the eccentric owner, I am still roaring with laughter at the passing remark he made to me in response to my admiration of the genius use of red carpet! “In life one should always walk the red carpet” as he disappeared into the darkness! I have already rebooked for my New Year Celebrations!"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of December 2009

Afternoon Cocktails in Luxurious Surroundings

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"We absolutely love this gem of a place. If you are looking for somewhere to relax in beautiful surroundings Casti House is the place to visit.
We were greeted at the door where our light coats were taken and discreetly put away. Following the owner across a thick red carpet through a hall decorated with exquiste artefacts we were shown into a light and airy conservatory and comfortably seated to await the delight of post lunch cocktails. Low music in the breakground meant we were able to happily chat away whilst every now and again getting up to wonder around the fountain and admire the ornaments in the Italian courtyard come garden.
Service was attentive but not intrusive . No clock watching here, we were made to feel extremely welcome. Even the amenties are as opulent as the house itself is. We would throughly recommend that you spoil yourselves and pay Casati House a well deserved visit."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of November 2009

A truly elegant and beautiful oasis....

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"I have been to Casati House a few times now, to various themed parties and also enjoyed relaxing evenings with friends. i love the fabulous food and excellent service that you get every time!.
Thank you Joseph for creating such a beautiful place, selecting a team of wonderful staff and having the finest selection of food & wines to choose from.
I look forward to my next visit."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of November 2009

"Par Excellence"

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"This is an absolute Gem of a find.

The attention to detail and friendly service is second to none."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of November 2009

THE HEIGHT OF ELEGANCE

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"If you wish to avoid the corporate-hotel feel, Casati makes for a very stylish, beautifully designed, relaxing and welcoming refuge from the cares of the world. The ambience is a mixture of boutique hotel and gentlemens' club, without being the least stuffy. On the contrary, Joseph, the owner, is a wonderfully witty and helpful host. Whilst the seaside and the shops, bars and restaurants of Ryde are but a short walk away, we never venture far when we stay there, especially in summer when one can relax in the beautiful garden.
We are already planning a spring week there."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of November 2009

Knowing Casati House exists makes me smile.

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Having beenn to Casati house over a dozen times now for parties and drinks ould reccomend this beautiful House for all I'm worth.
The interior of Casati is amazing, rich colours of deep red and purple and dark wood are everywhere with lovely features decorating all the many rooms. The dining room is gorgeous and seats about twenty people, the food has also been very good, which is the important thing.
The Suites are luxurious and wonderfully decorated. I found the bed very comfortable and the staff discreet yet available when needed.
What really makes Casati however is the host Joseph who is charm epitomised, he has a great gift for making everyone he meets feel very special. I have spent a lot of time talking to him in the bar where he moves easily between his guests spreading warmth , laughter and style. He is a very old fashioned host."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of November 2009

Best Birthday so far...

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"My wife took me for dinner to the wonderful Casati House on my birthday in June. We had a delicious meal, with skillful cooking and generous portions, and exquisite service. During the meal my wife surprised me by revealing we would be staying overnight and it was a real treat - a really comfortable bed in one of Joseph's wonderfully decorated bohemian rooms, with a lovel y breakfast in the morning. Looking forward to my next stay."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of November 2009

Fabulous experience, complete escape.

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"We enjoyed a weekend break in this luxurious house. We felt as if we were guests in a private home with old-fashioned standards of service.

Our welcome was warm and relaxed, the room comfortable and our breakfast fresh and delicious; later on we enjoyed cocktails in the Italian-style courtyard Throughout the house every room is furnished individually and the attention to detail is immaculate.

The location of Casati House is a few minutes walk from the town centre and the sea."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of November 2009

A glorious, stylish hotel; glamour, comfort & a warm and witty host

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"Not only am I a member of Casati House but I've stayed at Casati on several occasions when my own tiny cottage is let out. It is glamouous, stylish and professional. The best bed and breakfast on the Isle of Wight; none of this pretentious Chelsea on Sea attitude that one gets in hotels in nearby villages, the welcome is genuine at Casati. Joseph, the owner, is also a London Couture Milliner and his style exudes throughout the property. The staff are friendly but efficient, the food is delicious ( I've also hosted a couple of private dinners here which is a Godsend as my own cottage is too small to host large dinners) and the prices are reasonable for the Isle of Wight.

Casati is also a private members' establishment and has fabulous themed parties throughout the year for the members.
The word about Casati is already buzzing in London - which is a shame as I wanted to keep it to myself.

My only gripe is that Joseph is a bit of a stickler for correct attire and when I come down from a week in the city I want to relax and slob about in sneakers or flip flops and Joseph would rather more formal footwear is worn. They even don't do that at the Lanesborough.

However, this is real glamour in a beautiful seaside town. I love it."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of November 2009

In the immortal words of Tina Turner 'Simply the Best'

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"A truly unique and stylish place to stay. The host, Joseph, ensures your stay is the best it can be. Each room is beautifully furnished. It's like staying in one of those fashionable boutique hotels around the world that is truly boutique, with a personality all of its own. Some of these hotels can be bland and make you forget where you are. That does not happen here. The mein host skills of Joseph and his delightful staff, in particular the beautifully dressed James, ensure your stay is a true delight - both visually and with your taste buds. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and if you need something and they do not have it they will ensure you get it. More than a home away from home. A fantastic place to spend the weekend with some good restaurants and shops near by. A good place to base your stay in the Isle of Wight. We cannot recommend it highly enough and urge everyone to give it a go. However, if you are not into style, design, impeccable service and good conversation and if you enjoy the more simple things in life this is not the place for you. It is the place for opulence, excess and pure enjoyment - worth every penny and reasonable at twice the price!"

• Travel date: Mon 9th of November 2009