Good

Time warp

Reviewed 2nd November 2016

"Went to this camp 35 yrs ago and stayed in the chalet and guess what it was the same chalet I would have thought they would have updated it by now,When we arrived there were crumbs all over the floor and I had to go to the reception because the tin opener was broken after waiting 11/2 hours for a new one I had to phone the security and they bought me a new one immediately which I am grateful to them ,there are tea stains down the front of the radiators which I cleaned and the chairs had all stains over them.There wasn't anywhere to put your tea such as an occasional table and when we went to bed I found a stain on the sheet of one of the single beds so as my husband is slightly disabled I had to sleep in the double bed and him in the other single bed also the room stank of dogs so I don't know if the chalet had been cleaned before we came or just left closed up. I did report this to the reception and they said they were sorry and would get the cleaners out but seeing as I had cleaned it I refused I have been to lots of camps in my time but this was the worse one I have ever seen the chalets need pulling down and replacing they were full of cobwebs outside and the concrete path was broken and a trip hazard please anyone thinking of renting a chalet here DO NOT go somewhere else. "

• Travel date: 8th October 2016

was an owner

Reviewed 27th July 2016

"I owned a caravan for one year. It cost me £13,995. I wanted to sell it and park resorts offered just £600!! Due to circumstances I had to sell. They resold it for £11,995!!! Do not become an owner here. They are con artists. This has also happened to lots of other owners."

• Travel date: 16th July 2016

never again

Reviewed 13th May 2016

"You must be mad to want to visit here. Over Priced unfriendly staff. Food was cold and disgusting. Entertainment out of date looking at other reviews madness and mayhem still same rubbish every night. Can't fault the views but would rather go to a cheaper place and visit other good views rather than pay over priced park with jumped up staff."

• Travel date: 6th May 2016

Never again.

Reviewed 16th September 2015

"I booked a bronze caravan on this sight, worst thing i ever did. No linen when we got there had to phone reception to get it, we had to sweep the lounge, clean pots and pans, shower dirty, very little room at side of bed had to get in by walking sideways. No heating in bedroom, cold at nights. Woke up to condensation every day.No designated parking, told we should have hired a silver for that. The whole site is NOT suitable for those of us that have a disability, the whole site is uneven. When we spoke to the locals and they asked where we were staying and we told them they just shrugged and said oh there!!! i think that speaks for itself.Will not recommend this site to anyone."

• Travel date: 14th September 2015

let down

Reviewed 13th June 2013

"Entertainment was awful. Seemed to be put together at the last min and the singers couldnt hold a tune, except for the kids bit(madness and mayhem).Drink prices ridiculous and all entertainment finished before 11:30.Mobile home was tired and needed a really good clean (we found clothes from previous occupents on wardrobe)and food under cushions and burn holes.Bedding we had to request and when arrived was thin worn and nasty, cushions were tatty.Pool was filthy with clumps of hair floating.Also had to go without power for hours, no explanation just a knock on the door at 9 in the morning to be told powers going of now . Really unimpressed. Considering we upgraded to silver at the last min I pity those in the bronze, the pictures in the reveiw need to be retaken to give people an honest idea of what they are letting themselves in for. On the plus side the grounds were immaculate and the veiw amazing"

• Travel date: 7th June 2013

Great Location and Views. good site, nice caravan, small pool + entertainment could be better

Good
Reviewed 31st October 2011

"Just had 4 nights in a bronze caravan. The site is beautiful with great views from the bar and the kids playpark and even better if you walk down to the beach and along the footpath. The beach is nice for a walk but is pebbles and rocks and not sandy. The coastal path is great to explore. A lot of the site has sea views and some caravans (probably gold or diamond) have great sea views and it is well located and 5 minutes drive from a main road to cowes / yarmouth. It is surrounded by farmland and a few holiday cottages and vans in fields nearby. The bronze caravan was a good size for 5 of us and was quite modern and well set out. It was very clean and apart from lacking heaters in the bedrooms (only an issue off season) was fine and nicely set among the trees. The site playpark is quite big and has a stunning sea view, the bar and eating area overlook the playpark so parents could leave older children to play while sitting inside and enjoying the views. The bar area seemed well kept and clean - you could not smell chlorine in the bar area at all even near the door to the swimming pool. We did not eat here but the menu looked varied and good value. wifi is available but you have to pay about £7 for 3 days I think. The amusement arecade is seperate and is small which is good for those of us that dont really like them! The entertainment area is like most dark and a bit dingy but seemed clean and well set out. The kids entertainment was average which in my opinion means poor but the kids dont seem to notice. I thought the humour was at times innappropriate for a kids club and at times bordered on homophobic / sexist in a sort of bernard manning way but that was just pot luck on what entertainment team you get! If only they could be more imaginative with the kids entertainment and not just party games and disco when they have great outdoor spaces! Smimming pool is fine for younger kids but it is small and probably wouldnt suit teenage kids. changing rooms need updating and they need more than 6 of them. beware lockers take £1 and dont refund the £1 afterwards! launderette is fine but a little pricey, on site shop is ok, the bar and seating at main reception are very nice "

• Travel date: 28th October 2011

Highly Recommended Park

Reviewed 20th October 2011

"We went and stayed at Thorness Bay for a long weekend back in April 2011. The caravan was basic as it was standard but was very clean. The bedrooms were slightly on the small side and we didnt have much room to move around but the caravan itself was tidy and clean. The entertainment team were brilliant and put every ounce of energy into their evening performances for Madness 'N' Mayhem. Especially Teamstar Tamworth. He was very helpful and even came and spoke to us and answered any questions we asked him. He is one of the best Teamstar's around. The views from different parts of the park were outstanding. From what we see of the beach it had spectacular views. The only thing we did really find wrong was when we went to the Launderette to try and iron our clothes only to find the irons didnt work and nobody came to fix them. Apart from that we couldn't fault the park and hope to come back sometime in the near future."

• Travel date: 19th October 2011

Do not stay here!

Reviewed 19th October 2011

"Booked an 8 berth Gold caravan, costing £1000 for the week, end of july 2011. The caravan was basic, very small beds, fit for dwarfs only, only seats 6 for dinner even though it sleeps 8, but according to thorness bay staff just because it sleeps 8 dosnt mean it self caters for 8!!! That makes sense, NOT! Large oven in lovely kitchen, however the smallest silvanian family roasting tray and one shelf to cater for 8, absolutely ridiculous and insufficent! Caravan relatively grubby, front of wardrobe peeling off, vents in bathroom and toilets not working, bathroom door not closing, had 3 visits from maintenance. But the worst thing about this site is the hill, if your staying in solent breeze or solent village or surrounding areas expect a long hard uphill climb from all facilities, shop swimming pool ect, my children struggled with the walk and my parents could not make it, these areas are literally off the park some 2/3 fields up a dirt track.Would have been far better off camping on a farm and bringing our camping stove and barbie. I do not recommend this park to anyone other than my worst enemy. Evening entertainment was rubbish as well.Beach is smelly and thick in seaweed, can not use this beach for swimming, but nice view from caravan."

• Travel date: 18th October 2011

Amazing, why do people moan

Reviewed 1st October 2011

"Stayed at this place since I was born with my family, been twice by myself with a group of friends and going again in 9 days with my partner, can't wait to go. Staff are friendly and the caravans are stunning, it may be because I'm just 18 but I could live in the caravans they have. Last year we had water dripping from a pipe we called reception and it was fixed and sorted that day. They can get cold in the caravans but when you wake up in the morning pop the fire on and the place soon gets toasty and warm. It's cheap it's a great place to stay and if you love being outdoors and at one with nature this is a great place to stay highly recommend :) "

• Travel date: 1st September 2011

Don't waste your money!!

Reviewed 18th August 2011

"Have just come back from a weeks holiday at this park, I'm sorry if your reading this just before you go! We arrived and given key to our caravan-as we got to the caravan the net curtains were black and full of muddy paw prints, as we opened the door the stench hit us, we went inside to be greeted with holes in the walls,food smeared up the walls,mould on bedroom walls and the bathroom stank and was covered in mould.You couldn't see much of the carpet because of the stains.Every surface you touched was thick with grease. We went straight to reception to complain, they offered us another caravan. This second one was marginally better,not quite so smelly,we had to stay in this caravan overnight as reception had closed, the fire in the lounge did not work,the kettle was rancid,the bedroom walls had mould on them and the bathroom was covered in mould.I opened the cutlery drawer to find a mass of hairs in there,and the washing up bowl also had a mass of dried hairs in it!The next morning we went straight back to reception to complain and they had another caravan for us, out of the other 2, this was better,but still had a mouldy bathroom.They were bronze caravans, but for the money we paid, you do expect better!Reception staff were friendly, but couldn't offer us an upgrade as no available caravans(we did offer to pay)The whole site is dirty, especially the lounge bar.It all needs a good refurbishment.Don't expect too much from the beach,very smelly as it is full of seaweed and not golden sands! All in all would definately NOT recommend this site."

• Travel date: 14th August 2011

Great holiday

Reviewed 18th August 2011

"Just returned from 1 weeks holiday at this site, having previously stayed at various sites in Cornwall and Devon, we rated this one at the top, big enough to have great facilities / entertainment but small enough be feel its all on your doorstep,staff very helpful and friendly, Caravan was basic but clean and functional the boathouse bar foot was great value and excellent. shop a little pricey but they always are - use the local morrisons instead if the pennies are important to you. site was spotless and brilliant location - wish we had booked for a fortnight"

• Travel date: 14th August 2011

Great Kids Entertainment!!

Reviewed 16th June 2011

"stayed at thorness from 4th June for 1 week, the park was very clean an tidy, views amazing from pub/restaurant, meals were average, but you could always cook for yourself instead? site shop was well stocked and reasonably priced...My advice would be to book your van from a private owner, not park resorts, you will get a better deal and a more cared for caravan. The entertainments team were fab, especially Shane and Tamworth (who my 4 year old daughter decided she wanted to marry) their endless energy and enthusiasm amazed me every night! in fact we were so impressed, we are actually going to buy a static there ourselves (privately of course, not through park resorts) :)"

• Travel date: 16th June 2011
  • ...

Hotels near Thorness Bay Holiday Park

Top traveller tips for Thorness Bay Holiday Park

• by Shirleen G

"Clean your wheely bins and your chalets"

• by tricky dickie

"Go to sleep then going home will seem quicker"

• by deb1007

"Do not go in the first place"

• by xxshaneyxx

"Explore the different areas, walk along the beaches, view the stunning views"

• by Nikki

"Cowes is well worth a visit, for seaside holiday go to Ryde."

• by satp

"Definitely need a car"

• by Donna and Dave

"Explore as much as you can as no attraction is too far to travel"

• by dave

"watch the entertainment"

• by Bubby123

"Visit the beach when the tide is in, then when it's out. It's beautiful!"

• by theHoopers

"recommened for all, something for everyone."

• by jessypessy

"great no frills site with plenty to do"

• by ati

"great base for site seeing"

• by PARKRESORTSAJOKE

"Wonderful place. people Great> We really love visiting."

• by si&em

"garlic farm highly reccomended . the resteraunt was lovely"

• by JonAdams66

"Beiful countryside and great days out (The Needles, Sandown, Blackgang Chine etc.)"

• by Carla1

"Lovely place to take your family"

• by BROWN36

"I.O.W. BEAUTIFUL PLACE..PEOPLE LOVELY. STAY AWAY FROM THORNESS BAY CARAVAN PARK"

Thorness Bay Holiday Park is also called