Good
Good

really enjoyed

Reviewed Thu 28th of July 2016

"The Inglewood is a lovely clean well-run hotel, The breakfast is very good with excellent choices for small appetites to large, Served by nice friendly staff. Andy and Pip the owners are a very welcoming friendly couple who are always on hand to help.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of July 2016

Excellant bed @ breakfast

Reviewed Thu 19th of July 2012

"We stayed at the Inglewood in June.From the very start we were made to feel so welcome,Andy took our cases to our room ( which was room 10 on the second floor )The room was so bright and modern with excellant views from the large bay window.The breakfast choice was one of the best we have had at any Bed and Breakfast we have stayed.Pip's breakfast muffins are some thing else.We can't praise Andy and Pip enough for how they look after their guest they were a mine of really useful info on local resturants ect.The only thing that we missed was maybe a table lamp in the lounge,this of course was a minor thing We loved it so much we booked for next year before we left. Thank you Andy,Pip and leslie."

• Travel date: Thu 19th of July 2012

Stay at The Inglewood, it's first class.

Reviewed Wed 6th of March 2013

"Just returned for Douglas where we stayed at the four star B and B. for four nights.

It is a first class establishment with friendly hosts Andy and Pip. We had a large room on the third floor which was very clean and tidy.. It did mean that we had a lot of steps to climb each day but we were made fully aware of it before we booked. It is in a nice quiet situation at the end of Queen's promenade about 1.3 miles from the centre of town and was just what we wanted. An excellent breakfast each morning, sent us on our way and with ample guidance from our hosts we saw much of the island at our leisure.

We would certainly recommend it to anyone. All the rooms have been refurbished and we would definitely stay there again."

• Travel date: Sat 8th of August 2009

Exceptional value for money, will return to go walking next year.

Reviewed Thu 7th of March 2013

"Very large, very clean room, well furnished with extremely comfortable memory foam mattress and large fluffy towels. Best nights sleep we have had in a long time. Very friendly owners give lots of useful advice and an excellent breakfast. My only negative comments would be that there are 6 large steps up to the entrance, and the bedrooms are on Floors 1-4 with no lift. Hence the hotel is not for the disabled. Internet access in the rooms would also be a bonus.

The guest lounge/bar and dinning room are on the ground floor with the owners accomodation in the sub-basement. The hotel is also nearly 1.5 miles along the promenade from the ferry terminal but this means it benefits from being very quiet compared to the other end.

The current owners have completely refurbished this purpose built hotel and in the process reduced the no of rooms/Suites from over 30 to 16 so the rooms are much larger than they were. Take no notice of reviews from before the refurbishment."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of August 2009

Excelent hotel, well worth a visit.

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"The Inglewood Hotel is situated on Queens Promenade with an excellent sea view. We stayed in the Sea View Suite which consisted of two rooms, bathroom and balcony. The room was large, airy and well decorated. The bed was very comfortable and afforded an excllent nights sleep. The owners, Andy and Pip, are a very hospitabe couple and nothing is too much trouble for them where making your stay more enjoyable is concerned. Andy's Malt Bar is well wrth a visit or two as the selection of Malt Whiskys demand sampling! We will definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of August 2009

the best hotel we have stayed at on the island

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"we stayed at the inglewood when we came to watch the southern 100 bike racing, the rooms are brilliant, king size beds with memory foam mattress, big rooms with plasma tv and 2 comfy chairs, bathrooms lovely with large shower cubicle, loads of tea coffee and biscuits. andy and pip made us very welcome , and helped us with advice on places to go to eat. We have stayed at quite a few hotels over the years on the island including the sefton, hilton and empress, but we will be returning to the inglewood from now on as they have the most comfortable rooms and friendly atmosphere and do a great breakfast. We also liked the newly refurbised bar, and the okells on tap."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of July 2009

These reviews are unbelievable!

Reviewed Fri 8th of March 2013

"I have just been reading the reviews of the Inglewood Hotel. I find them unbelievable. When we stayed there, albeit 2 years ago, I think it must have been a parallel universe. The room was the very worst one I have EVER stayed in. It was a depressing space, with no bedside lamps, only shaving lights, presumably a remnant of its previous layout. The walls and beds were white, with no little touches like a throw or cushions to make them more attractive, with the exception of perhaps 2 pictures hung on the walls. There was no phone, no radio, a tiny portable TV and the room was a family room, with 1 bed in one room and a through door leading to 2 further beds, not what we had booked, which was a twin room. We continually banged our legs on the beds as there was so little room to move around. I would hesitate to call the room at the end a bathroom as it was quite dreadful. The toilet roll holder was broken and the shower was ancient; it looked 30 years old. There was a tatty shower curtain and the tiles on the floor were chipped around the edges and looked like something from a school changing room. The outlook from the windows was of the hotel next door, which was being refurbished. As it overshadowed the room, it was quite dark for much of the time. It seems that all of the rooms mentioned have been recently refurbished, which ours clearly was not! The front entrance and upstairs carpet and corridors looked as though they hadn't seen a new carpet or paint for at least 20 years. We had little contact with the owners, who didn't even know who we were I think! We couldn't wait to leave at the end of the week as staying there was the most depressing experience I could imagine."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of July 2009

Just what I needed

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"I came to the Isle of Man for a little peace and quiet at the end of an intensive business trip in the UK. The lovely single room I had was the perfect place to sleep when I wasn't off exploring the island. Andy, Pip and the staff serving at breakfast were all very friendly. The location is beautiful. it is a nice 20 minute or so walk into the center of Douglas ( a little longer if you're hauling your luggage from the ferry terminal), but very close to the terminus for the electric railway and horse trams. I would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of July 2009

Perfect place to stay in Douglas

Reviewed Mon 4th of March 2013

"My experience at the Inglewood was a great one. Its located on the promenade right in the town of Douglas. Its at the "end" of the promenade meaning at the opposite end of the pedestrian shopping area. But if you're a mildly active person you'll be just fine walking to the center of town. Its a lovely 15 minute walk to the shopping district. (And its actually very close to the Electric Railway station - only a few blocks!) The location was great for me - I like to be within walking distance of the center of town but love to be in a bit of a quieter location. Also, there is more available parking at this end of the promenade than near the shopping district. The hotel has less than 20 rooms within its 4 floors. Its a quiet place and very comfortable. My en suite room clearly was recently redone and was in great shape, very clean and well kept. The hotel is family run and the owners and staff are helpful, accommodating and make a point to remember your name and give you personal treatment. I appreciated their help but also liked the freedom to come and go and do my own thing. Its as if I had my own home on the promenade for a few days. There is a small bar in the hotel where you can get a drink at the end of the day. They have a lovely sitting area inside the hotel that looks out to the water - or you can sit and reflect on your day outside on the small front deck. Breakfast was great, plentiful and served with a smile. The Isle of Man is beautiful, calming and relaxing and the Inglewood was a great addition to a wonderful visit there. I would certainly recommend the hotel and would definitely stay there again!"

• Travel date: Sat 11th of July 2009

If you're thinking of staying in Douglas stay at the Inglewood, highly recommended,

Reviewed Wed 6th of March 2013

"Took a party of 12 from our rambling club. From initial enquiry to checking out everything was professionally dealt with by Pip & Andy. A most comfortable stay with memory foam mattresses & well furnished, clean rooms equipped with large LCD TV. The bathroom was a real treat as was the view from our sea view bedroom. Pip & Andy are a pleasant likeable couple with adoring children. Nothing was too much trouble.
Excellent full English breakfast, although I did have kippers a couple of times - great!!
Used Andy's well stocked bar on an evening, drinks served in 'only the best' glasses at reasonable prices. We would certainly recommend Inglewood for a stay on the Island.
Malcolm & Hazel Rennison. 'Ardsley Amblers', Wakefield, West Yorks."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of June 2009

Like staying with friends... an amazing find!

Reviewed Fri 1st of March 2013

"Pip and Andy are among the most hospitable hosts I have encountered in many years of travel. We arrived shattered off the red eye ferry to be welcomed with open arms and the offer of luggage storage and use of a bathroom to freshen up. We were given a key before check in time and when we returned later in the day our luggage had been delivered up three flights of stairs to our room! A lovely caring touch...
The hotel is located at the quieter end of the promenade near the Electric Railway but the stroll from the centre is a lovely one and I felt it to be an ideal central location.
On TT race days they provided an early breakfast so we could get to our spot in good time. The veggie option was the best I had been offered, with thought having gone into it rather than just omitting the meat.
The contemporary design of our room was straight from a magazine and the whole place was spotlessly clean. A well stocked hospitality tray was provided as well as detailed information on the weather and activities available all around the island.
They have a relaxing lounge with sea view and very comfy sofas and a great little bar which we didn't have chance to spend time in as our holiday was hectic!
The only fault I could find was that they are fully booked up for next year... here's hoping for a cancellation!
Thanks for helping to make it a great holiday for us, all your hard work has paid off and I hope to return soon..."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of June 2009

A very modern, friendly and professionally run hotel with excellent hosts.

Reviewed Sun 24th of February 2013

"An excellent small hotel, recently refurbished with modern and good quality fixtures and fittings. The bed was very comfortable and the shower refreshing. Good selection and choice at breakfast, the full cooked breakfast was delicious. Good location on the seafront with easy access to the horse trams and a great view of the bay. A very professional and friendly service given by the owners Pip and Andy. If you're going to stay in Douglas then stay at the Inglewood."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of May 2009