Disappointing

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"Our double room was small and scruffy. No spare toilet rolls provided and the toilet seat was broken. The towels needed renewing and were not changed every day. Our room on one day was being cleaned at 5pm a very inconvenient time.Counterpane wasn't clean although sheets and duvet cover were. Whole building could do with modernising with light paintwork. The bar was uninviting so was rarely used. Theo the host was excellent, chatty and helpful."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of August 2007

Classic English Dump.

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"If you want a non smoking room that stinks of smoke and the sound coming through the walls & floors from other rooms then this is the place for you..

If like me you want clean air & silence then forget it.

It's a tired old building, representative of all things that were bad about UK hotels in the 1970's/80's but in 2007 I expect more for my money.

Avoid this dump."

• Travel date: Sat 11th of August 2007

An excellent weekend

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"We had a very enjoyable stay and our hosts did everything to accommodate our needs. They even saved us from a parking ticket!

Good room, great breakfast, friendly hosts. Spot on.

Darren Stanbridge"

• Travel date: Mon 6th of August 2007

Nice Place

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"We stayed in the family room (3 single beds) which was a good size, but at the furthest point of the building, up 3 flights of stairs and at the end of the corridor. It had good views. The accommodation was fine for our needs. The staff were friendly. The food was good (breakfast & bar meals). The location was great, just a short distance off the main promenade so you could walk it in no time."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of July 2007

nice place

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"arrandale was a nice family run hotel. just off the promenade the directions giving were easy to follow. the room was comfortable and clean and we got fresh towels etc each day. although there was no secure parking, our motorbike was safe outside parked in front of the hotel. we would hope to stay there again when we visit the island again."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of July 2007

holiday accomodation

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"This is a welcoming establishment providing good meals at reasonable prices. Very helpfull staff/ owners making for a good holiday. I am very happy to recomend this hotel and would use this hotel if visiting the Isle of Man again."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of July 2007

Nice stay in the Arrandale hotel during the tt races

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"We are some guys from Holland and we stay now for five years at the Arrandale hotel during the TT-races in may/june .We always have a nice stay,the owners Theo And Rose are verry nice people with neat clean chambers and always good food and drinks for an acceptable price."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of June 2007

Best TT hotel ever!

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"My wife and I stayed at the Arrandale during the 2007 TT and could not have been happier.

Rose & Theo were fantastic. They took care of our special requests and I never saw a frown on Rose's face (even Monday morning after Mad Sunday).

The room was huge compared to others we have had on the IOM. It was well appointed and conspicuously clean. The location was fantastic with views of the harbor from bed and plenty of quiet and parking at night. Both are in scarce supply over the TT.

I would immediately recommend the Arrandale to anyone visiting the IOM, but their service during the hectic TT is what really sets them apart from the crowd in my opinion."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of June 2007

Perfect, simply perfect

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"My wife and I have just returned home having spent five wonderful days at the Arrandale Hotel.

Our room, like the rest of the hotel, was clean, comfortable and well appointed. Breakfast, lunch and evening meals were excellent and, even though the hotel appeared to be packed to the roof with TT enthusiasts, our every request was catered for with friendly and courteous efficiency.

From arranging taxis & managing (on my behalf) to secretly book a lovely out of town restaurant for our Ruby Wedding aniversary meal, to advising us on local places of interest, Rose & Theo did everything they could to make our stay at their hotel simply perfect.

We would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending the Arrandale Hotel to anyone planning a holiday or business trip to the IOM.

Excellent location, excellent accommodation, first class friendly service and very reasonable rates."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of June 2007

Location, Location, Location

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"This is the second time that I have stayed with Theo and Rose, two of the most friendliness people you could ever wish to meet; nothing is too much trouble for them.

The hotel is very pleasant, the service excellent, and the rooms are very clean and tidy. The menu provides good homemade cooking and the breakfast is more than enough to see you though the day.

For me the location is spot on, a short walk to the promenade and two minutes by bike from the start of the TT course, the hotel is also facing a very relaxing public garden square.

With running my own motorcycle travel business I need to be in contact with the office 24/7 so I find the free use of the broadband internet and wifi access absolutely invaluable.

I will be back."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of June 2007

Thank-you very much for a very comfortab...

Reviewed Mon 23rd of April 2007

"Thank-you very much for a very comfortable and enjoyable stay.

A great room with fantastic views over Douglas harbour.

When I'm over on the island again I hope to stay at the Arrandale, very friendly.

I would highly recommend to everyone."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of April 2007