Highly Recommended Hotel

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"I couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough. The staff are exemplary. The location was ideal for us - we had 2 small children (5 & 2) and we were visiting legoland, chessington, etc. Watford was minutes from the motorway, so perfect for getting around easily. The carpark was around the corner for a mere £5.00 per 24 hours. Jurys Inn is so close to high street where there are great bars and restaurants. Also close to the huge Harlequin shopping centre. I had 2 very minor complaints of the hotel; the room was quite small and internet access was expensive. This would not stop me staying there again. Excellent value for money with staff that are helpful and friendly."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of July 2009

New, quality budget hotel - hope it lasts

Good
Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"I have stayed in Watford every week for several months and pricing has forced me not to use the new Jurys Inn until the recent special offers. I love special offers! There is simply no comparison between this and the other place (the down-market, run-down, shabby Travelodge in Watford centre) . It's also closer to Watford Junction, and here's a tip: if you're visiting London staying in Watford is definitely an option for saving money because with an Oyster card, off-peak, it's £3-50 each way for the 20 minute ride (not underground) to Euston. Watford is the farthest you can go with the Oyster card.

All is done properly
* design (nice exterior, lobby, reception, decent lifts, etc)
* specification (a fairly high spec, e.g. good carpets, sound insulation of windows is very good, fittings etc are all good quality, and rooms have individual aircon so you can leave those windows shut)
* build quality finish & decor (it's all clean and new).

I gave it full marks for value but maybe at full price it would be less competitive. For what I paid it is terrific. It should be several years before it deteriorates noticeably."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of July 2009

Fabulous

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"What a lovely hotel!
Rooms are lovely, modern & very clean.
location is excellent, there is a cheap car park around the corner (£5.00 per day) and also its just a short walk to Watford Junction station which is only 20 mins to Euston.
The bar prices are not rediculous, breakfast is buffet style and only £7.50 each and there are plenty of bars and restaurants locally. We booked online via their website and got a real bargain. Its a great hotel that is a great place to stay when visiting London without paying London prices! I would recommend it to anyone."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of July 2009

Nice and clean

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"As the hotel is fairly new, the room is quite clean (inc. the bathroom). The housekeeping is doing their job very well, as the beds were made and fresh towels in place everytime I went back to the hotel at the end of the day.
No breakfast is included, though at the price I paid of GBP45 inc. taxes/night, it's not too bad.
Location of the hotel is about 5 minutes walk where you can easily get a cab. If you don't want to eat in the hotel, food joint is also nearby at less than 5 minutes walk, Sainsbury's is also within walking distance."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of June 2009

"WHAT NO BREAKFAST"

Good
Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"When is a hotel NOT a hotel?

I have always believed that Breakfast should be a part of a hotel stay. But increasingly more and more hotels seem to think they can get away with CHARGING for breakfast

THINK AGAIN AND TAKE NOTE PLEASE JURYS

The hotel is modern and very comfortable and in a great location"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of May 2009