About Jurys Inn London Watford

• arabic amenities
  • baggage storage
  • express check in check out
  • currency exchange
  • fax photocopying
  • ironing service
  • vending machine
  • italian amenities
  • newspaper
  • polish amenities
  • paid public parking nearby
  • spanish amenities
  • paid internet

Good
( 1908 reviews)
Good

Great Location If You Have A car - Otherwise Public Transport Required !

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Great all round family consious hotel - Rooms quite large - Beds Comfortable - Buffet Breakfast disappointing though. Have booked again for later this month !!"

• Travel date: Wed 17th of March 2010

Great hotel - for the price

Reviewed Thu 21st of March 2013

"Stayed at this hotel last weekend to attend a nearby party. Read all the previous reviews and they were mostly accurate. Definately looks like a four star but without the atmosphere of a four star. Check-in and out were quick but both times the staff tried to charge me for the room, which had been prepaid via lastminute.com. (£35.00 for the night). Even though I had a copy of the booking reference with me, the staff still seemed confused. Great idea having to have your key to access the lift. Room was large with a kingsize bed. Bathroom small but okay for a one night stay. We had room 317 which overlooked a junction on the ringroad which at times sounded like the start of a Grand Prix when the lights went green. Rooms could do with some double glazing. Take no notice of the location that google maps tell you. They indicate that it is in Shady Lane. It's not. It's right at the end of Clarendon at the junction with Beechen Grove. It's also near to Watford Police Station and you hear quite a lot of Police car sirens as they approach the junction. Bar staff had no personality. Asked for a pint of Guiness and half a pint of cider. Got the Guiness OK but the cider came as a pint. When I mentioned I only wanted a half pint, half of it was poured away and I was presented with a half pint in a pint glass. I asked for a smaller glass so the Polish barmaid poured it into a smaller glass with an inch of spare glass. I had to ask her to top it up. The bar staff need some training. When we returned to the hotel at midnight, the doors were shut. We had to wait for the reception staff to come and open the door and tick our names off a guest list! Had breakfast at the Juncton Cafe as recommended by another reviewer. Well worth the money. Go to the station end of Clarendon Road, do a left and it's up at the traffic lights. Shops are just across the main road. Car park is a couple of minutes walk away. £5.00 for 24 hours. If I had to stay in Watford again and needed to be in the centre of town, I'd stay there again, but hopefully I won't have to go to Watford again as I thought it was a dump. There's one road full of bars, pubs and clubs. I wouldn't want to be around when they all turn out! Taxi drivers didn't seem to have a clue about Watford. Didn't even know where Watford Rugby Club was!!"

• Travel date: Wed 10th of February 2010

Excellent value for money

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Stayed at the Jurys Inn for one night and booked a double room. Booked on a friend's recommendation and glad we did!

The room itself was much bigger than we were expecting - lots of floorspace and a huge bed! Both the bedroom and bathroom were spotless and there was a big flatscreen TV and adequate storage space.

The reception area feels very upmarket, and the whole place actually gives the impression of deserving more stars than it has. The staff were exceptionally polite. We soon began to realise what a very good deal we had got for our money!

Only gripe - the lack of onsite car park, which is annoying if you arrive in the evening as we did, and all the town multistoreys are closed. We ended up parking in the street opposite.

Overall though we were very impressed with the Jurys Inn and would definitely stay again."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of December 2009

Great value hotel which is smarter than the price suggests

Reviewed Tue 19th of March 2013

"Five minutes walk from Watford Junction took me to this fairly new hotel. Check in was speedy, efficient and courteous. Public areas were smart and very clean. Looks more upmarket than the budget prices would suggest.

You need keycard to access lifts which is unusually tight security but not a problem for guests.

My double room was spacious and well appointed with lovely white linen on the comfy bed and a small armchair. I chose a shower only room and was not disappointed with the roomy shower cubicle and very powerful shower and piping hot water. Toiletries supplied are good quality and in large bottles. I never bothered unpacking my own as they were quite enjoyable to use. My only criticism is that the towels are a little on small side. And I am only 5ft tall! I can't imagine how larger people cope with them!

Huge plasma TV with all free view channels available. High tech kettle and coffee and tea supplied. The usual hotel style hairdryer did the trick. Plenty of hangers in small wardrobe area.

Room was chilly on arrival but I turned air con up to 25 and it soon warmed up.

I ate breakfast in town on Saturday and had dinner up west that night so only time I used the hotel restaurant was Sunday morning. Breakfast buffet was fine. Eggs fried or scrambled, bacon, black pudding and sausage with tomatoes and beans. Fresh toast replenished regularly.

The only thing that put me off was a group of young women who wandered in minutes before breakfast closed still dressed in their pyjamas! They all looked very worse for wear and were fumbling and stumbling around and generally obstructing other guests at the buffet. I was surprised that they were allowed in to be honest and I certainly felt it lowered the tone somewhat.

Check out was a bit slow and caused me to miss my train back to Leeds so that was a little annoying. I will, however, stay again and will allow a little longer for check out and will go into breakfast earlier to avoid the last minute arrivals!

Great value at 35 quid a night (non refundable) and a very comfortable two night break."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of December 2009

Good Value Stay

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"For the price (£60 for a double with Breakfast) the hotel is very good value for money. The room was a decent size and clean, with a large LCD TV.

I'd certainly consider staying again next time I visited London but you do need to factor in that it will cost £10 per day extra in train ticket costs compared to staying somewhere inside the underground zones when comparing to other, closer hotels."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of December 2009

Great Location, nice rooms

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Stayed at the Jurys Inn for an event at Wembley, the location of the hotel is great, 5 mins from both Watford Junction station and the centre of town with all the restaurants and shops you need. Wembley is also just a 25 minute journey.

The rooms are nice and spacious (large double bed, sofa, desk, flat screen freeview tv, tea and coffee) well appointed as well as quiet. Didn't sample the bar or restaurant so can't comment on that. Car parking around the corner at £5 for the night is very reasonable. The only downside was the checking in and out process, it was slow which delayed me both times, it might have just been the person I had. The room rate £35 was excellant and so can't really complain.

This would be my first choice of hotel if I needed to head back that way again"

• Travel date: Thu 29th of October 2009

Very clean, modern and convenient.

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Found this hotel to be very comfortable and clean. Only stayed one night, but it was conveniently located within walking distance of Watford Junction station, the town centre and Watford Colosseum. Decent sized room, bathroom a little small, but a good shower.
Big freeview TV, some channels missing, but this was just after one of the "changeover" periods for retuning. Didn`t have breakfast at the hotel, but can recommend The Junction Cafe, a 2-3 minute walk to the right as you walk out of Watford Junction station.
Hotel was good value @£35 for the night. No problems with noise either."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of October 2009

Nice room shame about the hot breakfast

Reviewed Wed 20th of March 2013

"Friday night 04th Sept 09- Standard room. Hotel is well located 10 mins walk to main line station and 5 min walk to town centre, Check in was efficient and quick, parking is off site which maybe a problem for some business travellers. Being a new hotel everything was clean and new. Room was adequate and again modern and clean. Breakfast on Saturday morning (09:15 ish) only person in restaurant, self service buffet breakfast incl self service hot drinks. Coffee nice for a machine, continental breakfast nice and fresh- Hot food unbelivably bad, you could not try to make a worse atempt at giving your guests an english breakfast- With my work collegue we tried to find the best hot food item- It was the coffee!!
I would stay again but not have the hot breakfast."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of September 2009

What a great find- amazing value and a lovely hotel

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"We stayed at this hotel as part of a trip to London to see a west end show. The hotel is a short walk away from the Watford Junction Station where a train into London takes 20 mins. The hotel opened recently and we got an opening offer room at £20!!!! per night. What a bargain! The hotel is super and should be a 4*. The rooms are well furnished and are really clean. The staff are attentive and everything is well organised. We didn't eat at the hotel but the restaurant and bars looked great. Parking is easy as there is a secure multi storey just across the road.... £5 for 24 hours. The hotel is easy to find and is only about 5 - 10 mins from the M1. I couldn't fault the hotel and would certainly stay here again and pay a higher rate. The hotel is located in a quiet and safe area of Watford- however it is not far from the high street shopping centres where there is a good choice of restaurants."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of August 2009

Hard to fault.

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"This hotel gets an excellent grading from all the points above but despite this it wasn't the best place I stayed in this summer on my trip round the south of England. I suppose it's because I'm used to guest houses with their more personal touch and caring attention. Jurys Inn has the great advantage of being relatively luxurious, super clean, usually very well run. It has huge bedrooms, (210 of them!) supersize beds, marvellous insulating windows etc.

It seemed to me to be a hotel for foreign tours really with many groups of Dutch and German tourists who turned up at the entrance in their masses at 7:30 in the morning, having had a rushed cup of coffee, panting with panic to jump on their double decked Eoropean bus to their next destination.

There was something so completely anonymous about the place - one of the chracteristics of big hotels - that it definitely made me miss places like "The Mount" in Ludlow and the like.

More specifically I think there needs to be more than one reception person at the desk, a less paranoic approach to the lifts and the stairs where you need your magic room card to get somewhere. I also like a bit of breakfast, at least coffee, cereal, yoghurts, and this hotel only serves a restaurant one at the extra price of 7.50 GBP. I also thought the decor of the hotel, and it had only opened 4 months before I arrived, was rather austere colourless and - dare i say it - boring!

It looks like there should be another category for reviewers' grading - "Ambience"!"

• Travel date: Sun 30th of August 2009

Great hotel for the price.

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"Jurys Inn Watford is one of the chains new hotels this year. As such they had a promotion on which was too good to turn down.We were pleasantly surprised as we were expecting a basic, no frills hotel,instead we got a spotlessly clean,very comfortable one. The dining room and bar served well prepared food, although the buffet breakfast was a little dried out and over cooked. The staff were friendly and tried to be helpful at all times.The only drawbacks were the fact that it was farther from London than we had expected and it was the only hotel on our two week trip where we had to pay for internet."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of August 2009

good base for london

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"stayed here for 3 nights aug2-5.the room was clean,,the staff were very helpful and polite.the bar was good value,as was the food available from the bar.there is a bus stop outside the hotel,so you can get a bus to watford junction station,but its also near enought to walk to as well.i would stay here again if i was visiting london again,,if you need any more info,[--].only gripe was i was asked if i wanted a morning paper,,i said yes thinking they were free,but found out on checking out i was charged for them,,,its only a minor thing so"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of August 2009