Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction

About Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction

• baggage storage
  • express check in check out
  • fax photocopying
  • ironing service
  • pets allowed
  • vending machine
  • newspaper
  • polish amenities
  • paid public parking nearby
  • swedish amenities
  • lithuanian
  • chinese amenities
  • norwegian amenities
  • romanian amenities
  • slovak

Very good value hotel

Reviewed Thu 28th of March 2013

"Everything about this hotel was very good with the exception of the very disapointing breakfast, otherwise I would have given it top marks. We choose this hotel as it was the best value within an hour of Legoland (40 minutes away).

The greeting on arrival was excellent and the room was spacious and quiet. We used the restaurant both nights we were there as it was such good value. Most main meals were £8 or £9 and there was a kids menu at £3 a head. All was presented well, served quick and tasted good. My wife and I were looking forward to a full english the following morning (although mine the veggie version), so were very disapointed to see only sausages and scrambled egg on offer. There were standard contintental options as well. The sausages and egg were so bad that my wife left both after about 4 or 5 mouthfuls. I have never seen her leave any cooked breakfast before.

Parking is available, although not plentiful and it is also free. The only thing to bear in mind is it is only available outside of normal office hours, so if you plan on staying on a Sunday - Thursday night, the car needs to be out the car park by 8.30am.

Even with the poor breakfast, I can't knock the value of this hotel and would stay again. I would defintely recommend it, although make sure you book online rather than just walking through the door. The price on the counter is £109.95 a night, wheras online you should pay half that."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of July 2010

Great value for money hotel. Good service...

Reviewed Mon 25th of March 2013

"Great value for money hotel. Good service from hotel staff, breakfast included which had hot food. Next to Watford Jct train station, only 20 mins to Euston! Clean comfortable rooms. Would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of July 2010

Good friendly hotel

Reviewed Tue 26th of March 2013

"I stayed here with my young children the rooms are spacious, and staff friendly. Manager Aman and Staff Doru are fantastic. Breakfast is good. Would stay here again, only drawback is internet is not free."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of June 2010

Very good value

Reviewed Wed 27th of March 2013

"Usually book into something more upmarket when travelling on business but location to station swayed me.
So what did i find.......reception was excellent, room was very clean, slightly basic bit you get what you pay for, which was excellent value for money. I ate at the local pub by the station and watched the World Cup football, okay and cheap.
Breakfast wasn't so good, cheap food and not that nice really but got me through.
All said and done I would use again if I am in this part of the world again.
Good value overall"

• Travel date: Fri 25th of June 2010

Good hotel, friendly staff- worth a visit

Reviewed Sun 24th of March 2013

"For me to leave reviews on here, something has to have gone majorly wrong and with the number of bad hotels I’ve stayed in recently, I’m surprised to find myself on here leaving, wait for it……… a positive review!

I previously stayed at the Ramada in Watford for my business trips down south but have had several problems recently and therefore following a recommendation from my colleague, booked into the Holiday Inn Express. I was very hesitant about this as it was a cheaper hotel but I was to learn this means nothing.

Upon arriving at the hotel, there was no queue and the friendly girl on reception checked me in and advised me about the loyalty scheme (of which I am now a member and have thus moved some future bookings to the Holiday Inn!). The lifts are very modern with the card slot to access your floor making everything a bit more secure. My room was large and airy which was a surprise and the bed comfortable with an option of hard / soft pillows. The lighting was good, temperature controls available and very important, the room was clean!

I ate in the hotel, I was slightly hesitant about the limited range of food but my option of a risotto again surprised me and I retreated to my room feeling pleasantly full and satisfied.

Good quiet nights sleep, (which for me is the main factor when reviewing hotel performance) followed by a good breakfast and swift checkout the next day.

So overall, great trip, no problems and I will be returning!"

• Travel date: Sun 30th of May 2010

Alas found a hotel which cares.....

Reviewed Sat 30th of March 2013

"We were a group of colleagues who stayed here for our company meeting, then explored the Watford nighlife and the weekend golf at the nearby golf course. All of us were just floored by the genuine caring attitude of the staff-which made our stay memorable, they were concerned and cared; this was not only for us, we could see them giving great service to everyone. Rare indeed these days. Had dinner one night- excellent vaule for money- try the Lamb Shank. No external noise in the rooms and we got our parking for Thursday night, Friday night and full day Sat. for free!

My colleagues were impressed too. It might not offer the frills like suana, jacuzzi etc. but offers amazingly clean rooms and other areas, excellent dinner menu, a decent free breakfast and above all a great service ethic shown by each and every employee. I would highly recommmend this hotel... and we will be back again!"

• Travel date: Tue 27th of April 2010

Modern Clean hotel does have it's faults though...

Reviewed Tue 19th of March 2013

"On arrival at the hotel i was asked to pay a £50 deposit??? As i wasn't travelling in a stag party and with my wife and little girl i thought this to be very strange. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN MENTIONED WHEN BOOKING, SORT IT. So because me and my wife and child behaved we get the money back, Now 2 days on and still waiting on money going into my account. Have never had to do this at any hotel before. So be prepared for paying your full balance on arrival along with a £5O deposit. No meals were served in the Restaurant on the Sunday, when i picked up the menu to look a member of the reception staff shouted over we are not doing meals tonight you can get a takeaway. I was then handed 3 takeaway menus!! Again more steps should have been made to make guests aware. For a start maybe take the menus off the tables??? Breakfast a tad chaotic and the hot food on offer (sausages + scrambled eggs) were poor. Plus points very clean modern rooms, handy for London (only 15mins on the non stopping trains) and heard no noise whatsoever from Watford station. Would i stay there again i doubt it"

• Travel date: Wed 7th of April 2010

I will think long and hard before staying here again.

Reviewed Fri 29th of March 2013

"We stayed one night in this hotel, in a twin wheelchair accessible room. The wheelchair rooms have interconnecting doors with the adjacent room.
Here is where my problems start, the occupants of this room on arriving did nothing but play loud music and talk very noisily, because of the interconnecting door every word could be heard. As time went by it became obvious they were part of a larger group, spread over three floors of this hotel. Unfortunately for us the room next door became the focal point for them. The next thing we know someone is banging on our door, just what you don't need when travelling with someone with a disability. Having had just about a enough by now I went to the room to complain about the noise coming from there room. This has little effect, so we decided that I would go to reception and ask to move rooms, but I was told that the hotel was fully booked and that this was not possible. The occupants of this room were contacted by the reception staff about the noise, someone from the room did come to make an apology and say that they would keep the noise down. This was about 10:30pm and the noise did stop as they went out for the night.
As this was the night the clocks went forward, the next we heard was at 4:30am BST, when they returned. For nearly the next three hours the noise returned. In total I only got about four hours sleep, which after travelling around the country the previous two days was far from enough.
I will only stay in this hotel again as a last resort."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of April 2010

Not much wrong with this one

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Standard new breed HI Express. Exceptionally helpful staff. Room 511 was close to the lift on the side towards the road but noticed no noise from either. Very close to Watford Junction Station but unless you're running I'd be surprised at the 2 minutes referred to in the previous review -- more like 5 to 8 with luggage. If coming out of the Station, turn right and go down the drive towards the underpass towards the Station car park. Cross the drive at the bottom and up the footpath along the edge of the tracks towards the hotel. Take care on the footpath as there are a few pavers a little out of level.

Bed a little too bouncy for us, and the TV menu is overblown, but the coloured lights in the lobby are a nice touch as is the whole lobby decor.

By European HIEX standards (especially Swiss and German), the breakfast is a bit on the light side. Pretty simple in fact.

All in all a nice predictable experience."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of March 2010

Try this one!!!

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"We chose this hotel, a bit outside London !! The rooms were nice and clean, the beds comfortable! The continental breakfast was simple but delicately presented. Only a two minutes' walk to the train-station and value for money makes this a good choice!!
- A Norwegian family"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of December 2009

Very well maintained HI Express

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"First time at this new HI Express. Opened October 2008. Furnishngs are standard HIX but all brand new and very clean. Usual HIX inclusive buffet breakfast. Bar and bar meals open in the evening. Not particulary exciting or comfortable spot but its better than a soulless Travellodge.

Parking was offered in rear of hotel at a next door firm's carpark,(IIB) 20 places available - buit had to be out by 8:30am. Not a problem for most guests."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of December 2009

Very good hotel, little far from Central London

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"We stayed in this hotel for six nights. It is a very nice, new and small hotel. Staff is very friendly especially Mr. Sunil. We requested for early check-in which was arranged timely. In the voucher no where mentioned breakfast included but it was there and kids enjoyed it. Hotel location is far from Central London however very close Watford Junction made commuting easier. You need to keep two hours(one hour up and one hour down) extra in commuting. There is no refrigerator in the room. If you eat halal food then its shop is also around. Overall we enjoyed our stay."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of August 2009