Restaurant

About AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays

Handy Hotel

Reviewed 20th October 2012

"I had been booked in here for a conference being held at the nearby Lowry Centre. Arrived on a Sunday afternoon and check in was perfect - swift, efficient with very pleasant staff. My room was on the 6th floor and opposite the lifts. Entry is by card system which you then place in the reader on the wall. Usual facilities as you would expect with in-room safe, tea and coffee facilities, iron and board, plenty of storage, nice sized desk with modem access. The bathroom was very clean, quality toiletries and a superb power shower. Sofa, work chair and foot rest all added to the comfort as did plenty of adjustable lighting and air conditioning. Now for the best bits : the interactive TV - an excellent choice of tv, movie and music channels and....the bed. What a fantastic bed - by far the most comfy I have sept in for a long time. Dinner was a disaster. 50 of us ate in a function suite of the 1st floor so by the time the food found its way up to us - stone cold. Breakfast in the restaurant was a much better affair. The usual buffet assortments but plenty of them and they were hot! Apart from dinner (which was specific to our requirements) the hotel was very good. Car parking is secure; as is the hotel. There are plenty of staff on hand and they are very pleasant and helpful. The location is, it has to be said, Salford and not the most salubrious in the world but very handy for the Lowry Centre, Imperial War Museum of the North and Man Utd football ground. Tram stop directly opposite the hotel."

• Travel date: 25th September 2008

Nice new modern hotel, Good choice if the price is right

Reviewed 28th January 2013

"A new hotel on the Quays in Salford. My usual hotel on the Quays has raised its rates and is now out of budget and the Ramada came in on company budget so thought I'd give it a go, glad I did. The hotel is on the busy Trafford road just across from the Salford Quays tram stop and about a 10-15min stroll from the Lowry theatre and outlet. The tram takes you into the centre of Manchester and is good value, try the Metromax ticket if you plan to make a few trips in the day. The hotel itself is New and Modern so makes it appealing for now, time will tell how it goes. The restaurant is bright and airy. I had breasfast there which was a standard buffet, nothing spectacular but fine. Didn't try the evening menus, normally eat down at the Lowry. The room was good, all fairly new so that helps. LCD TV, safe, sofa and a really comfortable bed, a good nights sleep was had!. Had a room on the first at the rear. Had the window open however it did get noisy after 6 am, shut the window and its fine. The rooms do have Air Con which I used. If I had a room at the front I'd probably use it and keep the window shut as the road is busy. I'd say if your looking for a hotel by the Quays the Ramada is a good choice providing you get the right rate. Its not far from the city centre. The Quays aren't the nicest of areas to walk around, if you want to just walk out your hotel into the city life this probably isn't the hotel for you. For business this is just right for me. As I say watch the rates, I paid £89, the advertised was £109 when I arrived, £210 when I checked out?. I heard someone being charged £6 per day parking . Providing the rate is good I'll be staying here next time."

• Travel date: 20th September 2008

New and modern looking, good experience - but not great value

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"This is a newish and modern looking place, with decent amenities, that offered a fairly good stay.. But, to be honest, and others here have hit the nail on the head, it's simply too expensive at the sorts of rates that most seem to be paying.. Let's think about it.. I paid some £100 B&B (plus car parking etc).. You have quite a bit of choice in Manchester for that sort of money.. It's out of town, so if you need to be in town, bear tis in mind.. But, on the flip side, close to the amenities in Salford Quays.. The room was fine.. all the stuff you might expect.. and the breakfast was fine.. So, I guess you pays your money you takes your pick.."

• Travel date: 18th September 2008

UM.....

Reviewed 29th January 2013

"Most of the reviews I read prior to booking sung the virtues of this new hotel but I found it very ordinary. In appearance, it was just up market from the budget hotels in appearance, albeit new. Decor had been good but was even now showing wear and stains in carpets and even the bed covers never appeal! The toilet in my room hadn't been cleaned and even in the next room (which was given without delay) the bath hadn't been cleaned any too enthusiasticaly - how difficult is it to remove hairs? Two killer blows were the car park charges - £6, which isn't mentioned until you get there and the lengthy wait for dinner despite the restaurant being no more than quarter full. Upsides; the bed was really comfy and the staff couldn't have been more courteous and pleasant. The promotional price in the restaurant made the meal ridiculously cheap! Overall, this falls between the cheap end, where Premier Inn do it better and the mid-upper market where they get the basics right for not much more."

• Travel date: 10th September 2008

not worth the money

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"Booked two rooms in the hotel, were given disabled rooms, even thought the hotel was empty Thur Fri and Sat only full on Sunday. There is nothing speacial about the hotel for the money it really lacks class. I paid just over £1000 for the 4 nights. Breakfast is poor, the buffet would run out, eggs had to be ordered and the one chef was so busy they were never cooked fully. also thet changing the sausages, i think we had three different types over the four days. The juice is also watered down. My air con in the room never worked even though I complained every day. Location is good but for an extra £20 to £30 id much rather stay at the Lowry. Which is where I will go next time. Wouldnt ever revisit unless it was a £50 a night then it would be worth it, as it is just better than a travel lodge! If I was you dont stay!"

• Travel date: 30th August 2008

Super hotel for a short stay

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"Just returned from a two night stay in the Ramada Salford Quays. This is a surprising little hotel, it's only open since the end of May so obviously you would be expecting it to be of a high standard aesthetically and it doesn't disappoint. We got a great deal with the price, it cost £158 for a two night stay which in comparison to the walk in rates seemed really good value. The room was really contemporary if not a bit on the small size but it was perfect for a two night stay for two people. The room is equipped with a desk, flat screen TV with loads of channels, a hairdryer(not a crappy one on the wall), an iron and an ironing board so you've got everything that you need. We stayed here as we were going to a match in Old Trafford and it is ideally located for this purpose as it is less than a ten minute walk from the stadium and it's just across the road from the Salford Quays tram stop so it makes it really easy to travel around the city using public transport. Just one or two negative points about the hotel, the first is probably the biggest one for me to be honest and that was the way the room was cleaned after our first nights stay. When we returned back to our room the bed was made so I assumed that the room had been cleaned but literally that was all that had been done, there were crumbs left on surfaces since the night before and we had had glasses in the room with ice in them that had left a wet ring on the locker and desk neither of which were wiped away. I know that this is only a small thing but it just made me wonder how well the rooms are cleaned during the changeover from guest to guest. The staff on the reception desk wouldn't be the best either, now there's no big issue with them it's just that they do the bare minimum with regards serving you and no more than that. We didn't have breakfast included in our rate and the extra charge for breakfast was £10 per person per night which is extortion so we gave that a big skip seeing as there is a 24 hour garage almost next door and a Tesco Express a few minutes walk away. The bar is really expensive aswell, just to give you an example a round of drinks for us in Deansgate cost £5.70 in the hotel the same round cost £8.65 (WTF???) Anyway as I say if you are spending a few nights in Manchester and Salford is a good area for you to stay in then you should book this hotel, I'm sure I'll book it again when I go back to another match especially if I can get that rate again."

• Travel date: 8th August 2008

Fantastic Bed!

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"Booked the hotel as it was close to Old Trafford and couldnt have asked for better! Excellent rooms, friendly staff and the comfiest bed i have ever slept in!! Booked it through Booking.com which i think gave us a better deal than what we would have paid if we had gone direct through the hotel (though dont quote me on that!). Didnt have breakfast with the booking but at £8.50 per head for a continental and £12.50 for full english we didnt think it was worth it and bought some snacks from Tesco down the road!!! Also didnt eat in the hotel but there was a Chiquito and Frankie and Bennys opposite so had two great meals there. So all in all, i would definitely recommend this hotel especially the quality in the rooms, and the location from Old Trafford. Will definitely be returning!!"

• Travel date: 6th August 2008

Excellent!

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"My husband and I stayed at this hotel at the end of June for a 1 night stay as we were going to a concert at the LCCC in Manchester. We did not find a lot of reviews, but just the 2 that were posted here were enough to give it a try. It caught our attention that it was a fairly new hotel, and that is "usually" a plus. The hotel is located on Salford Quays. A 2-minute walk takes you to some restaurants (Chiquitos, Frankie and Benny's, and a steak house), a Tesco Express and a tram station. A 10 to15-min walk takes you to the Old Trafford stadium. We booked directly with the hotel. The night cost £79.00, parking at the hotel was at £6.50 and they didn't have a problem to let us stay a little bit longer than the 24-hour allowance in the parking lot. The room??? spotless! A well-sized room with contemporary decoration (the pictures can tell you more than what I can describe here). The bathroom was ample, very clean and well equipped. You might forgive me for being so naive but I was well impressed when I took a shower and the mirror was completely clear on the center, no fog at all. I guess that some of coil runs behind the mirror to prevent it from fogging. Maybe the only downfall was the food that we order to our room. Not great but the price was reasonable for a couple of sandwiches (£6 - £7 per sandwich) and a couple of beers. You can't expect greatness when ordering food on a sunday around midnight. Overall, great stay and we would come back to this Ramada if we ever go to Manchester again."

• Travel date: 9th July 2008

Very clean and Welcoming

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"I stayed at the Ramada hotel in Manchester on business last week and after a long car journey up from Surrey I was delighted with the standards of the hotel. Everbody was very welcoming and the hotel was very clean. The hotel hasn't been open long so everything was new and to an above average standard. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was clean and to a high standard. The T.V's in the room were wide screens mounted on the wall with a wide range of channels. I did eat down in the restaurant and unfortunately the food was not great - although the service was good and the staff was very friendly. All in all I had a good stay and would definately go back."

• Travel date: 26th June 2008

V good!

Reviewed 11th October 2012

"Only opened two weeks ago so all the furniture are brand new. Rooms are very clean and spacious. Its definitely four star!!! I have no doubt about it. The staff are friendly. The food is freshly prepared using extremely fresh ingredients and v resonably priced (£23 for three course maximum). 24 hrs room service. Taxi costs £8.5 to trafford centre. Right opposite is the tram station for going into the city centre."

• Travel date: 8th June 2008