Verdene Guest House

Good value for money

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"We enjoyed our stay in the Verdene. It was clean and very comfortable and the food was good. We were made to feel very welcome by Abdul the owner and we would stay here again, if we have need to be in Manchester."

• Travel date: 28th September 2009

As a family

Reviewed 1st November 2012

"I've spent the first 16 days of September in the Verdene Hotel, after finishing my contract with a residence hall in Manchester. There, after several months, living in Manchester, I can feel like a family. They treated me so well. Hotel's owner, is a very kindly person who takes a lot care about people. The remainder of the employees of the hotel are also very kind. The breakfast are impressive. You can choose what and how much you like to eat. The room was very clean. The hotel is near from Oxford Road, one of the most important paths to the universities of Manchester. If I had to go back to Manchester, I will stay in Verdene again."

• Travel date: 27th September 2009

Great Hotel

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"Clean, comfortable room, excellant breakfast. Owners very friendly and helpful. Close to public transport (walk through park) Manchester University and Museum. My room was on 3rd floor, steep stairs, no problem with luggage, owner carried them for me, even at 6.30am for early start."

• Travel date: 27th September 2009

The next time I go to Manchester, I will definitely stay again at the Verdene.

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"The Verdene is a nice little Hotel about 2 miles from the center of Manchester away. You could easely walk to the center, but if you are as lazy as I am, you take a taxi because they are not expensif in Manchester and the ride takes only a couple of minutes. The people that run the Verdene are very friendly,helpful and always have time for a little chat. By the way, they cook a really good breakfast and make delicious toasts ;) If you want to stay near the Hotel for lunch or supper, at about 200 meters up the road you have a wide range of fast food, restaurants and bars. The interior is sooooooo british (at least that is what the most people I know call typically british). In the floor and our room (room 8), don't know about other rooms because I haven't been in, are carepeted and I absolutely love the wall paper (think it's soooo cute). Our room contained 2 beds, a wardrobe, a fled screen TV and items to boil some tea. Was perhaps a bit small but is definitely big enough if your stay consists in exploring the village ;) The bathroom is new, I was happy -> finally a shower in a hotel with a door that ins't leaking! so if you take a shower, the bathroomfloor stays dry!"

• Travel date: 7th September 2009

Trying hard; perfectly acceptable, with personality!

Reviewed 8th October 2012

"This is quite convenient for work in this section of Manchester, with many Indian restaurants, corner shops and pubs nearby. Steep stairs with no lift, but staff very helpful in carrying case. Owners have not had this for long and are embarking on some DIY renovations which have character. Large breakfasts cooked to order with plenty of everything (for one hour in the morning). Wireless internet was available in the room, but intermittent. The top floor garret is quite sweet- take night shades if the light bothers you in the morning!"

• Travel date: 6th September 2009

I felt so welcome!!!

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"I really enjoyed my time in Manchester because of this hotel. I felt so welcome when i arrived it was almost like home. The hotel is clean and the staff is sOOooOO friendly!!! My boyfriend forgot his sweater in the closest and the owner send it back without even asking for shipping price!!! The breakfast was typically english, huge and fresh. The rooms are clean and victorian style. It's soo easy to park in front of the hotel or if you wish to walk it's like 10 minutes from the center!! The hotel was really what i was looking for and the rates are great as well!!!"

• Travel date: 8th August 2009

Great place, very friendly staff!

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"The Verdene is a very nice place to stay. The people running the hotel are very friendly and helpful. Cleanliness is superb. Our room was in a very good condition - recently renovated and with a flat-screen-tv. In total: great place!"

• Travel date: 5th June 2009

clean, comfortable and great value

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"A very clean, comfortable, quiet place to stay that offers great value for money. They had no problem with us arriving at 1o´clock in the morning and we were easily able to park the car in the street outside the door. The rooms were warm and clean and whilst some of the decor is old-fashioned the bathrooms were newly renovated and the shower excellent."

• Travel date: 27th May 2009

Very friendly, clean and good value

Reviewed 1st November 2012

"A young couple have just taken this hotel over, and are doing the rooms up. The rooms are a bit tired and in need of decoration, but the new shower in my room was excellent, the bed was clean and there was a new flat screen tv with freeview channels. Breakfast very good and only 10-15 mins walk into central Manchester, and just around the corner from 'The Curry Mile'. I would stay again."

• Travel date: 16th March 2009

Great service and cosy atmosphere!

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"The service was excellent, the room was cosy, the breakfasts were copious and the location is great if you are visiting one of the universities (Univ. of Manchester or Manchester Metropolitan). I would definitely come back - great value for your money!"

• Travel date: 13th March 2009