The Grande Studio with Skylight at the Roomzzz Aparthotel Manchester City

Good

fab, will defffinatly be going back

Reviewed 7th August 2012

"we wanted something different from our normal ibis/novotel ect so decided to book the roomzzz in manchester city centre. We booked the liberty suite for the night. The hotel was very easy to find and has a car park under the novovtel which is right next door. If you get your ticket validated at reception you get the parking cheeper. Upon arival we were very surprised at how modern and clean the reception area was, the staff were very polite and helpful. the first thing we said when entering the appt was WOW, it was spacious, clean and modern, the shower was to die for and having the imac computer available to use on the desk was a very nice touch.not only was the hotel room fab but the grab and go brekkie was awesome. freshly baked crossaints and pastrys, fresh fruit and fruit juice and all inclused in the price.the hotel is located 10 mins walk from the city shopping bit and was very easy to find our way back too. All in all i would deffinatly book to stay here again, infact i have joined the loyalty scheme to get discount of our next booking."

• Travel date: 7th August 2012

Best Hotel in Manchester

Reviewed 22nd March 2013

"My boyfriend took me back to visit my old University city for my birthday in January, and there couldn't have been a better hotel. The location meant we could walk everywhere, to town for some shopping, to some local bars, to the comedy store, theatre. We only ever encountered one member of staff, at the reception, but he was lovely, and always extremely helpful. But maybe more so to my boyfriend than me! The rooms were stunning. The only problem we had was we could not get simple websites such as facebook and youtube to work without a password which we were never provided with. Also make sure you park in the right car park to recieve the discount as city centre parking can be pretty expensive, but you can park down the road in near by fallowfield and get the magic bus cheap straight into town to the hotel. If your looking for a cheap place to get your head down in the same location stay at the Premier Inn down the road, but for a special occasion, or a longer stay, Roomzzz is more than worth the extra money."

• Travel date: 28th April 2010

Absolutely fantastic - home from home...but even better!

Reviewed 25th March 2013

"I have nothing but nice things to say about Roomzzz Manchester. Great location, brilliant room, super friendly staff and luxurious. A real treat. We had been staying at the Malmaison the night before and were not due to check into our apartment room until 3pm, with check out at the Malmaison being 12pm. I called up Roomzzz and the chirpy and friendly receptionist said it would be no problem if we turned up early as we could put our luggage in storage. When we arrived at 12pm we were told our room was ready. In fact, we were given an upgrade from our grand studio to a Liberty studio - already impressed! The room was fantastic, overlooking China town. A few minutes from Picaddilly station and Piccaddilly gardens. Bright, clean, modern, spacious. Pure luxury! We were initally booked in for three nights but enjoyed it so much that we asked for an extra night (at the Grand studio rate too!). Breakfast of sorts was provided in the lobby - pastries and tea/coffee. The staff were diverse and all incredibly friendly and willing to provide assistance at all times. We were certainly made to feel right at home. In fact, it was hard leaving!!! I couldn't have been happier and will definately stay at Roomzzz again!"

• Travel date: 7th April 2010

Roomzzz - a good choice, great value

Reviewed 30th March 2013

"Manchester city center is quite small and Roomzzz is only a couple of blocks from the main shopping areas. Check-in was smooth, a warm welcome from Aussie Ben. Other reception staff were friendly too, but when I needed more toiletries one evening, the lone receptionist couldn't manage that. She was apologetic, but perhaps there needs to be more than one person on duty. I was very happy to have a reasonable size room, kitchen facilities and full bathroom. The room was clean, but the carpet was stained and great big footprint. It's a pale colour and the walls had some stains and the lavatory floor wasn't so clean. On the third day they didn't clean the room at all. Not sure if this was coincidence, but it was the day after I submitted the in-house comments card...they give you a Kit-Kat if you fill it in :) The bathroom (separate lavatory) is all glass. The shower is powerful and there are 2 showers? I was traveling alone and thought that an additional shower curtain or blind on the outside would be more comfortable for privacy had there been two of us. There is a free continental style breakfast, which at 6.30am was delicious, warm fresh pastries. MAC computer in the room was very useful, has an automated delete files function so I think it's quite safe. The internet went down one night but was up and running with in a couple of hours. There is free wi-fi as well. The bed has memory foam - normally very comfortable - but this foam was remembering someone else! I found I was rolling between distinct dips, perhaps it needs replacing. The room was warm, quite a lot of street noise ( I had earplugs ) - and some noise from the room above. The ceilings are very high with broad beams and exposed structures. It might have been an old warehouse. Bits of plaster fell from the moulding around one of the pillars, straight into my suitcase. There is limited hanging space and no drawers. This is something I think could be fixed by adding a couple of stand alone drawer units. No way that 2 people's clothes would fit in the area provided. I also thought a small table near the lavatory door would be good. That full length mirror was the only place that had enough light to do my makeup. A small table beside it would be very useful. There is a large flat screen TV, but hung in a strange position. I thought it would be better mounted about 6 feet to the right, on the larger wall - or even across the corner. It was awkward to watch and had to lie down on the bed to get a comfortable angle. Roomzzz is just beside Novotel and in the Chinatown area. It's a few minutes walk to Marks and Spencer food shops, but there are other options closer. There are several Chinese restaurants around, a pub across the road and another restaurant (Spanish?) just opposite. The main train station is about 10 minutes away. If you are arriving by train, better take a taxi unless you have very limited luggage. I would recommend this hotel, particularly if you have an extended stay."

• Travel date: 27th March 2010

I want to keep Roomzzz a well kept sectet....

Reviewed 23rd March 2013

"What an amazing place to stay! We had plans to have a night out in Manchester but quickly changed our minds! Our 'Grande Studio' was a luxurious haven - we cracked open the bubbly and relaxed! If you're spending a night in Manchester,spend it here!"

• Travel date: 23rd March 2010

A truly fantastic experience

Reviewed 26th March 2013

"stayed in roomzzz for 2 nights, the staff were exceptional and we were made to feel very welcome, on entering the room we were plesently surprised about the spacious living area. the modern layout was very tasteful and the bed was the comfiest i have ever slept in, the location is perfect with a brisk 10 min walk to the city centre (passing some great bars along the way) In all Roomzzz was perfect for us and we wouldnt hesitate to recommend this Aparthotel to anyone, we have stayed in some plush hotels and this was up there with the best, we will definately be coming back again in the near future!"

• Travel date: 16th March 2010

quality apartment hotel.

Reviewed 28th March 2013

"a really fantastic stay in a lovely apartment hotel. the staff were exceptionally helpful and permanently cheery. the room (liberty suite) was huge. a supremely-comfortable huge bed. there was a very well kitted-out kitchen, and a nice bathroom. there was a slight drawback in that certain areas of the room were very gloomy, and one or two things were a wee bit broken (eg. the wardrobe door didn't shut quite properly). it's a really good location, right by town and an abundance of bars and restaurants. it's also next to the tram line. a slight drawback to this was that it was quite noisy outside on the saturday evening, but that is to be expected. it also had a nice tv and an ipod dock. the iMac computer wass very handy, and the free wifi. our room in particular was lovely, on a corner with vast views on every side. the bed was amongst the comfiest i have ever slept in. a cracking room and a lovely stylish hotel. i would thoroughyl recommend it."

• Travel date: 1st March 2010

Great hotel with city centre location

Reviewed 31st March 2013

"Lovely hotel, stayed here on business for one night after an event - excellent check in process. very efficient. Stayed in a smart studio and was very impressed. Really well equipped and for the price - it is simply the best you can get. Would recommend to anyone"

• Travel date: 16th February 2010

Would always go here if i was staying in manchester!

Reviewed 1st April 2013

"this was the first time i ever stayed in an aparthotel and it was brilliant! it had everything we needed and was close to city centre which is an advantage. would reccomend this hotel to everyone as i myself will always choose to stay here if i was visiting manchester :)"

• Travel date: 29th January 2010

Modern, Stylish and a Bargain! Brilliant!

Reviewed 27th March 2013

"My partner and I stayed in one of the "Liberty Suites", which is the 3rd tier of rooms out of 5. The hotel is located in China Town and is no more than a 10/15 minute walk from all the major places in central Manchester. The room was a good, large size with the bed in kind of the middle of the room. This may sound odd but it really worked. Every room in the hotel has a different design and layout, so I'm looking forward to our next visit and staying in a different room! There was a large Plasma TV (probably around 44"/46") wall mounted, but on a pivot so you could tilt the screen depending on if you were on the bed, at the desk or sitting at the table having a meal. It had all the major freeview channels. The full remote control would allow you to bring a games console, hook it up and programme it/av channel find on the tv. Every room, along with the big TV also comes with it's own Mac computer. They may not be to everyone's taste, but they have the internet and a DVD player, both of which we found very useful. Plus when you shut the computer down, it deletes all the data, so other visitors will be unable to see what you did. Every room has a fully equipped kitchenette, with a 2 burner hob, microwave, fridge with freezer section, dishwasher and all the cutlery, crockery, glassware and cooking utensils you would need. There is a small "pantry" in reception where you can buy food and drink items, which is very useful. Tea and Coffee is provided free of charge and you can get extra from the reception area. Our bathroom had "His & Hers" sinks, a toilet and a double shower, with two large shower heads in it. Towels were provided along with shampoo, shower gel and soap. Look around for cheaper prices for the rooms, as they state on their website that they will beat any cheaper price you find. I found the room cheaper on LateRooms, I called them up and they beat the price I found. Result! The only negative I can think of is that due to its central location you can hear the traffic. An extra pane of glass on the windows would have been nice! However the super comfy memory foam bed soon got me off to sleep! This is a wonderful hotel, I shall defiantly return again and again. Great value, great service, great rooms. You will NOT be disappointed!"

• Travel date: 26th January 2010

...Should have stayed two nights !!!

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"Smooth check-in , Friendly , personal staff .....arrived around 1700...slight problem with the key card not working for the allocated room but reception staff quickly arranged for another room . The Hotel/Apartment building itself is really well furnished , lovely bright wide corridors giving it a very spacious feel and a secure reception with key card access at the main door . The reception area has a ' Pantry ' where you can stock up on bits and bobs for the room from ready meals to milk , tea and coffee...all of which are actually cheaper than buying at a shop off site ! The property itself is currently dry but there are shops and supermarkets in close vincinity and within a 5 mins radius plenty of pubs and bars and the choice of Italien , Thai , Chinese , Indian , Turkish , Spanish and Tradional English restaurant's so you wont go hungry ! The Hotel is ideally located for all the shops and both Piccadilly and Oxford Road rail stations are walkable in 5 mins . The rooms are lovely ! We stayed in a Grande Studio.....really stylish , really comfortable bed , plenty of room and brilliantly desiged bathroom with waterfall shower ! The room had a flat screen TV with built in Apple Mac with free internet access which is rare in hotels. There is also a small fully equipped kitchen area which comes in very very useful if you plan on staying long term . All in all a Fabulous room.....if you get chance to stay....stay....all the rooms are nice and the are some really really nice rooms on higher tariffs that are split level accomdation with spiral staircases which are a really nice touch ! Ideal location and by far the most superior service aparment of its kind in Manchester ."

• Travel date: 26th January 2010

Nice hotel, great staff service

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"Went for a hen night weekend with a bunch of girlfriends stayed at Roomzzz apartment hotel in the Emperor suite. Brand new room, very nice and clean, comfortable bed and there is Tv in bathroom. In the morning we had pastries and hot chocolate from the coffee machine available at reception. Service was friendly and always welcoming. Couple small issues that I wanted to point out was the misunderstanding with our room booked upon checking in and the same when checking out (we were told someone had not paid for the room, where we already all did) - probably because staff were new and a bit inexperience ? Anyways we had a nice time in Manchester and we were glad that we choose this apartment hotel. We hope to come back again for a different purpose."

• Travel date: 25th January 2010