Hotel Exterior

Good

£60 parking charge, for 1 hour.

Reviewed 6th August 2015

"The hotel was fine, and the breakfast was lovely. I moved my car from terminal 3 to the hotel to put my luggage in the car. Even though I was a paying guest at the hotel, l have received a charge for £60 on behalf of the hotel. Thanks for nothing Radisson, I won't be back."

• Travel date: 6th August 2015

Stayed for one night prior to an early m...

Reviewed 30th June 2008

"Stayed for one night prior to an early mormnig flight. Got parked without problem and check in went smoothly. Had a lovely room that was comfortable clean and just the right temperature, it over looked the front of the Hotel. Despite being so close to the Airport you cannot hear anything and i never heard any noise from the rooms either side. We had a drink in the bar which was packed to capacity as there seemed to be a conference on, we did have a seat but majority were standing, but noone seemed bothered. Check out next morning was quick and efficient, we left our car with them and walked to the Terminal which took literally minutes, when we returned 2 weeks later we were given our keys and ticket for the barrier and we were on our way. Cannot fault this hotel in the service we received. I believe breakfast was pricey but we left too early to have any and the bar bill was a bit on the steep side, but as we said "we are on holiday" Will certainly stay here again."

• Travel date: 30th June 2008

This is a lovely hotel. We have stayed t...

Reviewed 16th November 2007

"This is a lovely hotel. We have stayed there on many occasions before but in my estimation on this visit the standards do seem to have slipped. On check in we were allocated a room. When we entered the room we found it was not the room we had booked and the bathroom smelled very bad. We rang to reception and reported this and were told to wait outside the room and someone would come along to take us to a new room. We waited over 10 minutes before someone actually arrived. The room was the one we had originally booked but again the bathroom could have been cleaner. It is a lovely hotel and in a wonderful location but after the last visit I was quite disappointed and would maybe try to stay elsewhere next time."

• Travel date: 16th November 2007

its okay

Reviewed 20th October 2012

"we stayed here on new years eve 2004 and again in March 2005, both on hotel and park packages. This is the only way I would have stayed here a second time (we couldn't get in any where else). The rooms are quiet and the fact that the hotel is linked to the terminal are major star points, however I found on both occasions the room more than a little tired and the food no more than average. The price of a brandy in the bar is over the score and breakfast is just okay. Overall if being on the airport is very important to you then this is the place for you, however if a nice clean room and a very comfortable bed is, then the Radisson is not the place to go."

• Travel date: 11th September 2005

Convenient, comfortable, quiet

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"Wonderfully convenient, very comfortable bed, excellent staff, quiet, and a decent rate. I really appreciated the extra hour of sleep I was able to have since I was able to walk to my gate. I'd give it 5 stars but my room smelled of smoke even though I'd reserved a non-smoking room. Other than that, perfect. I'd stay again and hopefully would have a non-smoking room."

• Travel date: 3rd September 2005

Brilliant Hotel!

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"We stayed at the Radisson SAS the night before our flight to Lanzarote in August. It cost £158.00 which included 15 nights parking. We booked it online and although there were cheaper hotels, this one is actually at the Airport and as we had a very early flight we thought this one would be better. It's really easy to find as it's at the Airport. Parking was a little confusing as we thought we'd be parking at the hotel but it's actually a separate carpark a couple of miles away and you get a free transfer to the hotel once you've parked. There is parking at the hotel but the deal we booked was for parking off-site. The hotel itself is gorgeous inside and although it's not cheap, the Runway Restaurant inside has really good food and big portions and is not that overpriced considering it's a 5* hotel. The staff don't seem snobby either which they do sometimes in posh hotels. Our room was clean and comfortable with a tv showing a few sky channels. When we left early the next morning, you just check out at the desk and then collect your trolley, walk through sliding doors and into this really cool corridor with fluorescent blue lighting onto moving walkways and it takes you directly to Terminal 2 in the airport. So easy!!"

• Travel date: 18th August 2005

Loved this hotel!!!

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"Stayed here with family of 8. Enjoyed having cocktails in the lobby and a delicious dinner in the family restaurant. They have another lounge and supper club but we actually went lower quality and found it to be wonderful. Had to e-mail from Chicago and was treated wonderfully by the staff. Buy the Get More pass for 25% discount. Upgraded to business class and wow!!!!!!! No noise from airplanes and amazing contemporary design. Stay here!!!!"

• Travel date: 14th August 2005

Lovely Hotel

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"Stayed at this hotel for overnight stay on 7th July before departing for holiday to Barbados. We decided to start our holiday in style and opted for the romantic package £210 a night. This includes wine in room upon arrival, business class room, 3 course set meal in Phileas Fogg restaurant. The room was lovely, we had a view over airport. No noise from planes. Meal was delicious. My husband used the gym and swimming pool and I treated myself to some pampering at the beauty salon. Overall we found this package to be good value and if we are flying from Manchester Airport again we will definately stay at this hotel. So handy to just have to walk through linked tunnel."

• Travel date: 5th August 2005

Convenient, but bit pricey.

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"We had booked an overnight stay through travel agent (Holiday Extras) to include parking for 7 days, while we were away. Hotel was easy to find and looks impressive and modern. On checking in we were told that we would have to move our car to a Securapark car park about 5 miles away in Wythenshawe, which is basically a dark, disused multi-storey car park that some bright spark has bought for use as airport parking. First impressions aside, we left the car (did not need to leave keys) and the car park staff did the job and ferried us back to the hotel. (On our return, we duly rang the number they gave us and they picked us up from the Terminal within 10 mins.) We were given a room on the Italian themed floor facing Manchester rather than the runways. The room had a slightly strange layout, with the bed facing the huge windows, allowing a great view. The decor seemed a bit odd too with bright geometric shapes and slightly dated pictures. The finish wasn't great, with a few cracked tiles and the carpet looking a bit worn. The bed was comfy and there was plenty of hot water. As others have noted, the bar is expensive, so watch out. The Runway Brasserie was ok, but there wasn't much choice. I know airport hotels have a captive audience, but I felt it wasn't a great advertisment for other Radisson hotels."

• Travel date: 24th July 2005

Overpriced mediocrity

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"The room was too hot and smelled of smoke and urine as did the hall outside the room. Nothing special at all, way overpriced and the room rate didn't even include breakfast. Next time I will stay at Bewley's across the road - half the price for the same standard. The management here should be ashamed to charge so much for this."

• Travel date: 16th July 2005

Great airport view

Reviewed 1st November 2012

"We booked a business class room, which are located on the 9th floor and requested an airport view. There are different room theme types at this and ours was the Italian style. Although the rooms are not the largest, they are designed to utilise the space well. For aviation enthusiasts, these rooms will make your day. Floor-to-ceiling windows the entire width of the room.... pull up a chair and sit and watch all the activity down on the airfield. But you won't be bothered by any aircraft noise at all. I liked the fact that they provide a real duvet on your bed and not those horrible scratchy blankets like I've had in other hotels, plus the bed linen was lovely and soft, not all stiff, starched and uncomfortable. Two thick pillows each too. The bathroom floors are heated, which is a nice touch. We didn't eat in the hotel apart from breakfast, which was a nice spread of hot food items for an English breakfast and a variety of continental items, such as prepared fresh fruits, cereals, cold meats, breads, rolls, bagels, pastries, muffins and fruit juices. The hotel is fantastically convenient for the airport and is just a short walk along the Sky Link. Overall, a great hotel."

• Travel date: 3rd July 2005

Loved the convenience

Reviewed 1st November 2012

"As we had an early flight , this hotel was ideal. Checked our luggage ,then went back for a wonderful breakfast. Far nicer than sitting in a waiting area at the airport. The runway restaurant was great. would definitely stay there again if ever in Manchester."

• Travel date: 22nd June 2005

Hotels near Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

Top traveller tips for Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

• by Neil M

"dont leave your car there."

Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport is also called