Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Arena/Printworks) Hotel

will not stay again

Reviewed Mon 17th of October 2011

"I stayed in the Premier Inn in Manchester on Victoria Bridge street. The rooms were ok, clean and comfortable apart from the fact that THE WINDOWS DO NOT OPEN not in any room. I came home with a virus due to no clean air and the air in the air conditioning circulating germs around. The path outside was flithy with chewing gum and uneven footpath. The breakfast is one price 7.99 even if you just want an egg toast and coffee or just a bowl of cereal."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of August 2011

Great hotel

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"Great location. Had stayed at this hotel on several occasions and have enjoyed every stay. The hotel is in a great location. There is a free car park (On the first few occasions, I didn't know about this and spent a fortune in the nearby NCP) around the back of the hotel which is secure. The rooms are clean, for £60 in a city centre, great value! (Much better than the nearby travelodge!)"

• Travel date: Sun 8th of April 2007

Great hotel, shame about the noise!

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Stayed at MEN Premier travel inn for Manchester v's cancer concert for 3 nights THU- SUN. Fab location (across road from MEN). Rooms roomy and clean. Bar and restuarant reasonably priced.
Only one problem NOISE full of stag and hen parties. I'm normally first up to party but noise something else. Walls are paper thin and could seem to smell cigarrette smoke from next door!
Folk running up and down corridors until after 5am on saturday nigt. Tried to get reception l& line dead. Reported noise whilst checking out at 12 midday (just as well 12 md as knackered!) - felt we lost a half day in Manchester, as so tired.
Manager brilliant and admitted she had not slept either due to noise. Fully refunded £60 for Saturday night. The policy is 'A good night's sleep or your money back' . Didn't think for a minute they would mean it, they did."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of April 2007

Very good

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"We stayed here on 23/03/07 as we went to see Faithless in concert in the MEN. Great location. I arrived on the train and my husband met me there. 5 mins walk from Victoria Station and Harvey Nicks and Arndale Centre within 2-3 mins walk. We booked room only but decided to have the breakfast which was £7.50 for all you could eat with plenty of variety. Very pleased and would stay again."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of March 2007

Great for £60

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Location is great, room was huge. Stayed here for the Keane concert at the weekend.
5 mins walk to MEN Arena and 5 mins walk in other direction to Deansgate.
We could not park at hotel so parked at MEN Car Park and it only cost £6 for 24 hours.
All you can eat breakfast for £7.50, good selection.
Will stay here again."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of March 2007

Another Great Stay at this Wonderful hotel

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"I stayed here in November 2006 for a concert and decided to stay here again 19th - 21st Jan (for the Kylie concert) and had another wonderful stay.

I was in room 805 and the twin room was so spacious and clean.

The check-in process was smooth and i was in my room within 10 minutes or arriving.

The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the MEN Arena and less than that to Harvey Nichols and Selfridges.

I'm staying here again in May and i can't wait. I even tried the restaurant this time which was lovely."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of January 2007

Excellent Value

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"Booked at the Premier Travel Inn as had concert at the MEN. Location is excellent - Althrough we did not bring the car - plenty of car parking spaces available - Rooms excellent as all previous Premier Travel Inns we have stayed in. If you are looking for something basic and affordable then these are the hotels for you. Only sour point was Housekeeping knocking on our door at 11ish on day of departure and did not stop until we unlocked the door to tell her we were still in! Never had this problem before - usually they leave you alone until after check out at 12pm. Solution - Next time will use the 'Do Not Disturb' sign"

• Travel date: Fri 17th of November 2006

OK experience

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"We stayed at this hotel on 16-17 Sept.

Positives:
(1) Hotel was a few minutes' walk from city centre.
(2) Check-in was fast and counter staff were friendly and pleasant.
(3) Room was spacious, clean and self-sufficient.
(4) It was quiet at night. I expected some rowdiness based on previous reviews as it was the weekend during which Man U was hosting Arsenal and we saw groups of football fans checking in.

Negatives:
(1) Road leading to hotel was pretty quiet and surroundings run-down. We were careful not to return to the hotel late in the night.
(2) Room was warm as there was no air-conditioning and the window could only open a fraction. There was a fan provided but it could not work properly. But overall, we managed to sleep.

All in all, we would consider returning to this hotel again."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of September 2006

Hot Hotel!!

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"Admittedly it has been extremely hot this week but there was no air-con in the room that I stayed in - just a fan that was noisy and circulated hot air.

But the location was very central and the price was £50.00 ish including breakfast which was fine.

The staff were friendly but I'd only stay again if the room had aircon at this time of year."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of July 2006

A lovely surprise

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"I wasn't expecing much from a "travel lodge" type of hotel. However, I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised at the quality of this place.

Arrival: Very friendly and effcient staff. Helpful with parking - we got there too late (7pm) for a free slot as their car park was full but it was only £5 to park in the NCP round the corner with the hotel discount. We moved the car in the morning to the free space in the hotel car park as we stayed for two nights.

Room: spacious and smelt wonderfully clean on arrival. Modern decor and really comfy bed (massive!). Towels were a little worn but nothing to complain about. Hairdryer and tea making stuff in room. Was also a little warm with no air con but again, nothing to complain about.

Location: Couldn't be better. Right at top of Deansgate with loads of restaurants and bars. Right next to the MEN arena. We were at a gig at Old Trafford Cricket ground and it was easy to get to via tram. Being that central meant there was a bit of noise (windows open due to heat) including church bells on Sunday morning but not constant and not bad enough to complain. The guests in the hotel were certainly quiet (that we experienced anyway) and depite there being some larger groups of people there was no trouble.

Breakfast: Was £7.50 (up to four under 10's eat free with one adult) and the breakfast room was clean and pleasant. Staff on hand to replenish the breakfast and the hours were very flexible (up to 11am) on Sunday morning. Nice choice of food - cereal, fruit, cooked breakfast, toast, muffins etc..

I would recommend a stay here - doesn't look much from the outside but the decor inside was lovely and I couldn't fault the service."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of June 2006