Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport

Good Way To Start Your Holiday

Reviewed Thu 3rd of April 2014

"I have stayed here twice on nights before flying on holiday, the hotel facilities are excellent, the rooms are very clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. There is an Irish theme pub which is great for a drink although a little overpriced, but this is something you would expect at a hotel of this caliber, they also do great bar food as well.
I used the parking facility they have,where you can leave your car with the hotel instead of leaving it on a airport car park, you leave your keys with the hotel and they move your car to a secure parking site and then return it to the hotel upon your arrival back in the country. There is a shuttle that runs from the hotel to all 3 terminals, although the hotel is very close to terminals 1 and 3 and are within easy walking distance. "

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of April 2014

Don't eat here or else

Reviewed Thu 13th of June 2013

"Ate in the hotel at 22.00and by 05:30 it was vomiting and diarrhoea. Called a doctor via the hotel who confirmed it was something I ate... Having lunch then dinner in the hotel and nothing else, even I would have to accept responcability, not the Crowne Plaza who gave me the doctors bill on check out.... NEVER eat there, the Hilton next door looks okay???"

• Travel date: Fri 7th of June 2013

BEWARE! Do not use their Car Park Package

Reviewed Mon 6th of August 2012

"The stay at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport was absolutely fine, although think twice before using their Car Parking Service. This is managed on their behalf by Holiday Car Care, Manchester.

I used the Park, Stay & Fly package. When we arrived back at the hotel to collect our brand new car, after my 2 week holiday, I noticed that there was damage to it. The damage is almost £600!

Unfortunately, Holiday Car Care will not accept liability even although I have provided them with several photos, including those taken by Crowne Plaza management, and have an independent assessment from an approved Damage Assessor. All I can say is that when I left the car in their care there was no damage and when I returned there was an extra 24 miles on the clock and £600 worth of damage!

I would have hoped that Crowne Plaza, being a reputable company, would use reputable contractors. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about the hotel, however think twice before allowing your car to be looked after by Holiday Car Care or you too could face hefty repair bills.

If you are thinking of parking and staying at the Crowne Plaza there is an onsite car park at Manchester Airport, next door to the hotel, that I would recommend you use – that way, at least, you know where your car is parked.

Crowne Plaza is yet to formally come back to me about the incident but I am hopeful that they will assist and ensure a satisfactory outcome.

• Travel date: Sun 5th of August 2012

Ideal for airport stopover

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"Stayed at the Crown Plaza for an overnight stay the night before we flew from Manchester and the night that we arrived back.

The hotel is extremely clean and tidy and has just recently been refurbished . Beautiful plush deep pile carpets.

It is exactly what you want for that overnight stay.

There is also an Irish Bar attached which has live music at night."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of June 2007

Not Bad

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"This hotel has had a refit recently which is evident in the rooms and the guest areas. The refit doesn't make up for the fact the hotel needs better day to day maintance. The rooms had marks on the walls, lifts had badly damaged walls, broken fridges left in the corridors.

It seems that the refit that cost £3m according to a poster in the lift could have done with £1m more to finish the work off. The stairwells had threadbare carpets that were faded by the sun, some corridors still had old carpet down, the gym and pool were more suited to a leisure centre and looked very industrial, roof lights missing in the hallways, the hotel seemed to miss replacing the basics in the rooms for example the trays on which the glasses and kettle were on were very old and didn't fit the room and the kettles were so old and dirty inside! For god sake they cost about £6 each! Replace them!
It is obvious that no matter the amount of money spent the hotel is badly run."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of June 2007

Good value

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"I stayed in this hotel in February 2007. There were 3 of us in the party and the room cost £90 for the night.

My first impression of the hotel wasn't good. It's a very dull and dated looking building. However, once inside I was pleasantly surprised. Check in was quick and easy. The decor was smart and tidy.

The room itself was very spacious and clean. The TV had sky sports and sky sports news (perfect for 3am live cricket!). Although our room was as close to the airport runways as possible we did not encounter any problem noise.

Considering the size of the hotel I was disappointed with the gym. It was very small and was packed to the rafters with unhealthy looking middle aged men. Sadly there was no space for a fit young man such as myself *ahem* so I had to retreat to the bar.

The one bar I went to (didn't try the Irish themed one) was nice and spacious. The bar staff were very friendly indeed. It was however let down by quite obscene pricing.

Overall though it was an enjoyable short stay."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of June 2007

Liked that Plaza a great deal

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"My husband and I stayed at the Crown Plaza on Monday 7th May 2007 for one night as we had an early flight to the Dominican Republic on 8th May. The bedroom although on the small side had everything we needed clean sheets, a nice bathroom and was well presented. Complimentary water was supplied. We ate in the oriental restaurant which was expensive but well worth the money. There are cheaper alternatives in the bar and light bites in another area. Breakfast included in our price was a full english which is served from 6am and was very good. I would recommend this hotel as a stopover for early flights. A make-over of the hotel is well under way and there are still areas to be done but when completed totally the hotel will be very nice. It was quiet and relaxing and the staff were more than helpful, also there is a free shuttle bus to and from the airport and this was very efficient."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of May 2007

a very upset crowne plaza regular

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"I have stayed at the crowne plaza many occasions during the peak season. During my stay I have never had a problem with this hotel. (I usual stay here for 1 night before I catch my flight)

I feel that it is unfair that the previous reviews have dismissed this hotel as being a over priced and not worth while hotel to stay at.

My last stay at this hotel was in February 2007 and i found the staff to be polite and helpful this included the bell man, receptionists, curtesy bus drivers, and restaurant staff.

The rooms are clean and above average in its appearance (and I am A VERY FUSSY TRAVELLER who has stayed in hotels that range from 5 to 3 star).

i PAID £125 for a bed and breakfast twin non smoking room because i am a priority club member.

If you wish to stay at a discounted rate at this hotel and other hotels in this chain i.e the holiday inn hotel which are located across the world.
I suggest that you try to access this hotel reservation line and ask them for info about joining the priority club.

Believe me you can reduce your costs and check in earlier than other guests, stay longer in your room past the normal check out time, complimentary room up grade, for example i received all of these perks when i stayed at this hotel chain in the caribbean.

O yes for those people staying in this hotel remember to give a small tip £2-£5 for example to the bell man or the curtesy drivers etc because it isn't just workers in the third world poor countries who appreciate it. the people in the service industries are also paid a very minimum wage and they will show their appreciation trust me."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of April 2007

ok

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"Does what it says, its an airport hotel. It is currently undergoing refurbishment which it needs. Rooms are large and bed comfortable. Food in restaurant expensive and menu is restricted. Service can also be slightly slow. We paid £165 for one night and up to 15 days parking. We are not particularly happy that we have to leave our car keys with the hotel but this seems standard having had a look at the other hotels websites. Would not stay here again."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of March 2007

Strange Place, HUGELY overpriced

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"We had to book a hotel close to the airport at the last minute as we were flying the next morning and snow had been forecast overnight. We live 100 miles from the airport so were worried we may not be able to get there if we set off the next morning.

As the other hotels were full (due to football I believe), we ended up having to stay in the Crowne Plaza, and I can now see why this was the only place that had PLENTY of vacancies!

The first thing I noticed was the car park - we had to PAY about £10 to park in the hotel's car park for ONE night! Never have I known a hotel to charge their own guests to park in their own carpark! Especially when we are paying £175 for a room!

The hotel looks very dark and dreary with the drab looking net curtains on all the windows, it certainly didnt look upmarket. Inside looked more worth the money, but it was clear that the hotel is more for the Businessman. We were not aware of the facilities the hotel offers, or whether these are included in the £175 we paid for the room. But all we wanted was a bed for the night and neither had the time or need for use of any facilities other than those in our room. I would suggest the hotel offers their rooms at a base rate and gives a kind of pass or key to those who choose to pay to use the extra facilities.

Although it was dark and we weren't looking for a room with a sea view until we arrived on holiday (!), our view was of some scaffolding that came right up to our window which was less than pleasant and rather imposing.

The bathroom was what I would expect from an expensive hotel but the room was very basic. The air conditioning must have been faulty because we had the heat on full all night and it was only blowing out slightly warm air - we were freezing!

We used the '24 hour' meal service, but when we originally rang room service there was no answer so had to ring reception. The food was ok but we thought it quite strange when the room service staff asked us to leave the dirty plates and tray on the floor outside our room when finished.

We found the atmosphere in the hotel quite strange, and it seemed quite desserted.....very quiet and only a handful of people around.

I would say this hotel caters for businessmen rather than anyone else, but if you are a businessman and looking for comfort and class then I wouldnt recommend you stay here! I have seen places ten times better than this for far less than half the price!"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of February 2007

Good choice for overnight stay.

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"Having read previous reviews I was a little apprehensive about our overnight stay before flyng to Prague the following day.All I can say is we had a really comfortable stay. The room was clean newly refurbished, the staff friendly and efficient(especially the concierge who drove us to the airport the following day.)There are two restaurants plus an Irish bar, one may also eat in the bar (club sandwiches e.t.c.)Overall it is what one would expect for an airport hotel,Iwould definitely stay again."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of December 2006

What a terrible hotel stay

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"This has got to be one of the worst Crowne Plaza hotels in the entire chain, which is a major disappointment to me. The checkin process took inordinately long because they only had one checkin person during a major checkin time. The hotel tolerates smoking in the main lobby and bar so there's a strong, pervasive smell of smoke all over the place. The room is small, dirty (hairs all over the bathroom) and furniture is worn out and old. You can ask for a non smoking area in the restaurant but the inept staff just puts you anywhere or lets people smoke whereever they please. My dining experience was very poor considering the price I was paying for dinner; I had to ask repeatedly for bread, the service was sloppy and slow, and I had to take it on myselft to demand the check when I was finished. The diner next to me was so fed up, he complained publicly, stormed off, and it had no impact on the staff which was either too sloppy and poorly trained to make much of a difference. The fitness center is very small, cramped, and have very old equipment. If you can get a different hotel, and there are several choices if you want an airport location, then I'd strongly advise you to look elsewhere. This is one major disappointment."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of December 2006

Hotels near Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport

Top traveller tips for Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport

• ander121 by ander121

"Do not use Hotel Car Park contractor - Hoilday Car Care "

Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport is also called