Good

gold star was not even bronze

Reviewed 26th August 2016

"We have recently returned from a 1 week stay in a gold caravan at Naxe Marine we are very disappointing with our holiday. we were told before we arrived that is was a 1.30 check in, there was a DVD player in gold caravans and in a phone conversation i was told there was a 3 drawer freezer in the caravan.Firstly there had been a water problem on site so there was a delay to get into the caravan. we sat outside our caravan for over an hour when no cleaners came or went and we had received no phone call i went back to reception to find they had the keys. that was nearly 4, 0 clock. we get in the caravan no freezer just a small fridge with an ice box in it that was so frozen up you couldn't open the door.I spent the first hour defrosting and cleaning the fridge when we rang we were told that gold caravans do not have freezers in them and that someone had made an error. they asked if we had bought freezer food with us which we had and they said there was nothing they could do. and we could leave if we wanted as we had our two young grandchildren with us it was not practical to do that. so we then start unpacking i go to put a DVD on for the children to occupy them no DVD player.I rang the office they said they would get it sorted. a while later a lady arrived to tell us there were no DVDs players available but she would see what she could do. she came back later with a smaller tv with a DVD player included but no remote control. in the caravan there was a bucket but no mop. a dustpan but no brush, after we reported this it arrived 8 hours later. the curtains in the living area fell off the rail every time you opened them and countless other silly things were wrong. I have tried to contact park resorts by email but they just forward the email onto Naze Marine , i tried to talk to them by phone but apparently there is no one to complain to."

• Travel date: 15th August 2016

enjoyed our time at naze marine

Reviewed 2nd July 2015

"Caravan clean,everything in it we needed, bedding clean. Found the food very good,shop prices OK.staff very friendly, had fun doing the quizzes etc. Our only disappointment was the entertainment. Adam sung a couple of nights but we missed the staff shows etc. Not many people there so we thought they didn't,t bother to do them. Also staff wanted everybody out as soon as the bar shut! Would go back but in season!"

• Travel date: 1st July 2015

great place for a typically British holiday!

Good
Reviewed 5th September 2014

"I happened upon this review site by accident, and was really upset by the bad reviews of Naze Marine! I have stayed at the Naze Marine since I was born 36 years ago. My entire family holiday here at least twice a year, its a family tradition I suppose. We have seen the park change over the years, and not always for the better, but that's the world in general right? Walton on the Naze itself is currently under a massive regeneration program. So many changes will be happening over the next few years and that's great. The town right now is tired, several shops are closed down, others are selling absolute toot, it is NOT the place for a spree that's for sure! But if you want some classic seaside paraphernalia, you will find it here! Also, Lillieys bakery... best Banbury cakes in the world! There are loads of pubs, lots of places to eat and/or get take away. Some places are better then others I should point out. You wont find any fancy restaurants or classy wine bars, but this is a kids holiday, they don't want that, so why should you?! If you come to Walton, you come for the beach. That is what is so wonderful about this place. Miles of gorgeous sandy beaches with a promenade lined with colorful beach huts. Some work is still needed down on the sea front, but its coming together nicely. If you head to the beaches around the pier area, you will see what I mean. A huge investment has been made in this particular part. The sea, I love the sea! On most beaches at Walton the tide comes right up to the sea wall. When it's calm I take my little ones out in a little dingy and we just bob around. When the sea is a little rougher and the waves come out to play then its even more fun! When the tide is out, a huge beach is revealed, with perfect sand castle making sand and plenty of room for kite flying, ball games, Frisbee....all that stuff kids should be doing on a holiday! I do own a beach hut which is a huge plus point, I'd recommend other holidaymakers try to hire one for their holiday, it makes life easier with our unpredictable weather, which bad reviewers, you cant blame on the Naze Marine! There is a pier with plenty of rides, mainly for little ones, a bowling alley and large arcade. I will admit, most parts of Walton need a little 'pick-me-up', but for children, they couldn't (or shouldn't) want for more! Now on to the park itself. It is nice and clean. In comparison to other caravan parks it's fairly good value for money. The caravans are well maintained, even bronze level vans are of exceptional standard, with sheets, pillows and duvets all included in the price. The on-site shop is a Nisa Local and not extortionate as they so often can be. The park surrounds the backwaters which is a wonderful place to take the dog and kids on a nature walk. The on site entertainment is great, if you are into that sort of thing, which I'm not. But, the facilities are there if you want to use them. Kids clubs with an excellent entertainment team that really cant be faulted. Yes it gets busy, but that's because its popular. There is a good indoor pool, an outside kids play area, a diner (which I don't recommend actually...never had a good meal there, but the tea is fine!) And of course, a small arcade and 2 bars. The staff at times could do with a little re-training in customer service, especially in the bar, but I think maybe the bar staff are a little on the young side, and good customer service comes with experience..who knows maybe next year they will be vastly improved!! Overall, don't listen to the negative reviews, give the place a chance. It has all the essentials for a perfect, traditionally British seaside family holiday. The kids will love it, and if the kids are happy, mums happy! The vans are lovely, the site clean, if you don't want to be boring, go out and EXPLORE!! Hunt for fossils, watch for seals, walk along the cliffs...its all walking distance! Day trips out via car/train or bus to Clacton for shops and Colchester for some history or the Zoo. You cant go wrong. Just give the place a chance and you will learn to love it "

• Travel date: 5th September 2014

Yuk!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 14th July 2014

"All the D's. Disgusting. Dirty. Disgraceful Caravan filthy , site filthy, a total shambles, staff I think are so used to complaints they just smile at you and say sorry, robotic, I have awarded 1 star but only because you can't put nil stars"

• Travel date: 14th July 2014

DISAPPOINTED

Reviewed 3rd February 2014

"This was a terrible holiday the caravan wasn't fit it needed to be on the scrap heap. I wrote a five page letter of complaint and park resorts never even bothered to reply."

• Travel date: 1st February 2014

don't go

Reviewed 4th June 2013

"Naze Marine boasts of being a Four Star rated site, what a joke. Who gives out the ratings? This park would be pushing to make Three stars. It's overcrouded, the so called clubhouse needs pulling down and being rebuilt, and as for tables and chairs a second hand shop wouldn't sell them. The public toilets are best not spoken about. I have been to other Park Resorts sites and would rate Naze Marine the worst. Go elsewhere."

• Travel date: 2nd June 2013

Unsafe campsite

Reviewed 10th September 2009

"Naze Marine Holiday camp has a bad security problem. We were there last week and they allow locals to come into the camp without checking anybody. During the time we were there we had to keep an eye on our grandchildren all the time as we did not think it was safe. The first night we were told there had been thefts on the site mainley bikes so I chained my two bikes together but they were gone in the morning, the police said they were always there regarding thefts. One family cut short there holiday as they did not feel safe, others mentioned they would never come back. The security know some of the culprits but do nothing about it. "

• Travel date: 1st September 2009

Hotels near Naze Marine Holiday Park

Top traveller tips for Naze Marine Holiday Park

• by Cathy S

"entertainment needs changing"

• by Katie A

"Hire a beach hut, dont hide inside the confines of the caravan park!"

• by hellas