About Valley Farm Holiday Park

• indoor pool

Good

Worst holiday ever

Reviewed Thu 8th of December 2016

"I came to valley farm in October 2016 in my sister's caravan; it was a beautiful van and as we went to go and get our passes to access the clubhouse and swimming pool we were stuck in there for 2 hours! No , it wasn't a long queue of people , but a sales manager called carol who was quite frankly babbling on to me , my four children and my girlfriend about buying a caravan ! We were all extremely tired as we had just done a lot of traveling and this was the last thing we needed- walking around the WHOLE site looking for caravans that she thought I was going to buy? Carol claimed that she has been selling caravans for 18 years- well I know dragging 6 exhausted people up and down looking at caravans that they are not interested about isn't the way to do it. When we did eventually get our passes we soon realized one of them passes was missing! Then carol insisted she would come in on her day off to show us some more caravans! It got worse as on her day off she pulls up beside our caravan just as we were enjoying our peace and quite and as my sons (age 9,10,13) were all sitting on the sofa playing around together she has the audacity to tell them to be quiet! In our own caravan! Then my daughter was putting a phone number into my phone and she asked me a question about it and carol then very rudely raised her voice and told her to 'not question her father and just get on with it' Don't even get me started on the hygiene of the restaurant , you could smell the awful stench of the toilets , our table was sticky and there were cobwebs on the wall and the wallpaper was dirty and hanging half off! The rudeness of the staff is absolutely disgusting! I asked for help as my money was stuck in the machine and the arcade man was huffing and puffing - he was obviously willing to do this job so don't groan about it!!!! Every game and machine my children seemed to go they were not working and the arcade man was busy already dealing with faulty machines! So I started to get annoyed because I was basically being called a liar and he refused to get my money back and then he barred me!! And to top it all off let me just say If you're going to hire decent security then make sure they are not O.A.P's next time valley farm. You would get a much better holiday just around the corner at Highfield grange."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of October 2016

A Better Night on a Park Bench

Reviewed Tue 19th of August 2014

"We booked a 4 night stay from 11th August to 15th August. We booked a Bronze Caravan because we had our two dogs. Upon arrival we discovered that we couldn’t have been placed any further away from the main entertainment complex (no 362), right at the back of the park, but thought that as we had a car, this wouldn’t be too much of an issue.

We very soon discovered that running behind the fence (approx 8ft from our caravan) was a railway line. Okay, we thought, they won’t be running through the night and we’ll be out and about during the day, but we discovered that they ran quite late and started very early and every time a train went past we lost the picture to the TV in the caravan.

Also, at around 8am every morning we were awoken by the pleasant sound of the car crushing scrap yard that was situated about 300 years away.

There were several other issues that made our stay a not so enjoyable experience, none more so that the beds that had mattresses that offered no support whatsoever. They were obviously very cheap and very old and were just springs with a thin layer of material covering them. My wife and I ended up sleeping in the lounge area, but my son and my mother had to use spare quilts to lay on top of the bed to try and get some comfort from the springs.

The quality of the caravan was poor. I understand that we had to have a bronze because of our dogs, but just because we are dog owners shouldn’t mean that we should have to stay in accommodation this bad.

Later when my son and I visited the bar for a drink and a game of pool, none of the draft pumps worked, so no draft beer for sale!! The pool cues we had to pay £5 deposit for were small kids cues. When I asked if there were any other cues, I was told that they were broken, so we had to use the kids cues. The whole area around the pool table had a sticky floor that looked as though it hadn’t been clean in some time. So we decided that we would have a game of darts, but all the darts were broken, so we couldn’t do that either. The toilets in that area too were far from clean.

Also during our stay tried to play air hockey. We tried 2 different tables only to discover that all they did was keep our £1 coin. When we went to the office to inform the staff member, we were told “Oh yeah, they don’t work, you’ll have to use the two smaller tables” We got our money back, but when I asked why there were not signs indicating that the tables were out of order, we were informed that an engineer was on the way. Two days later, nothing had changed.

I did go down to reception at one point to complain, but the office was closed, I can only guess that it was closed for lunch!!

We have had many caravan holidays in the past, but this is the first time we have stayed at a Park Resorts facility and it will probably be the last. We would have had a better nights sleep on a park bench. We ended up leaving a day early to return home to ensure a decent nights sleep and all of this for the unbelievable price of £517, which is an absolute joke.

The only thing good about our stay was our days out."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of August 2014

Please dont ever buy a caravan at Valley Farm

Reviewed Wed 23rd of July 2014

"Please read these reviews on here & TripAdvisor. Majority of the positives have been put on by workers at Valley Farm. I can assure you the majority of owners here ARE NOT happy with the after sales treatment once sales have earned their commission. The General Manager also does not try to resolve issues owners are suffering with, even though he's on an extortionate wage & should be "managing" issues. "If you don't like it - remove your caravan." is their answer to owners. Nobody from head office is interested either to deal with this park's bad attitude. PLEASE SPEND A DAY AT THIS PARK TALKING TO OWNERS BEFORE PARTING WITH YOUR MONEY. SERIOUSLY CONSIDER ST OSYTH PARKS BEFORE BUYING HERE. You will not be helped or assisted after you have purchased with any queries you may have. "

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of July 2014

Not a good place to stay

Reviewed Tue 22nd of July 2014

"Don’t go, it’s a horrible place, littered in dog mess! Your jumped on to see if you want to buy a holiday home but who on earth would want one with them, been to many of the parks in the area and they are much better, you have a good range at St Osyth just down the road and the beach is on the door step, try Seawick or Hutleys they are a lot better than this place."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of July 2014

Poor Customer Service for a loyal owner!

Reviewed Wed 11th of June 2014

"Valley Farm or should I say Funny Farm in terms of After sales care and Customer Service. They are very big on sales and would love for holiday makers to part with their money and become an owner. We have been owners for over eight years now and the place has got worse year on year. You live in hope that when a new manager takes over he would put things right.

We have had serious issues with the latest caravan which have not been put right or acted upon despite complaining numerous times face to face, over the phone and by letters to Valley Farm and Head Office in Hamel Hemp stead.

If you pay a lot of money for one of their contractors to do a job, don't expect it to be carried out at all or to a high standard! After 8 months still waiting for outside lamp to be replaced which was damaged by the security guard! Going to have to chase after refund of £580 which was paid in advance for paving slabs to be laid, was expecting over 30 slabs,the contractor did move 4 old slabs from under the shed but no new material has been brought! Garden rubbish gets dumped in trees by our caravan, the owner of the lodge near us things it's okay to park in our parking space.

It seems this was a ploy to get us off the pitch we are on in order to free up the land for a lodge to be put in its place.
It's a shame they are so focused on Sales and not cleaning up their mess or meeting their obligations to their customers.

Great location to walk to the beach"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of June 2014

our holiday

Reviewed Sat 31st of May 2014

"We went to valley farm last year June 2013 had an awful caravan granted it was auk holiday in the sun one but still should of been up to standard no nets at windows an awful spicy smell. 2 cups in a caravan for eight, and no coat hangers, we reported it a t reception and they quickly and very kindly moved us to another caravan which was perfect , clean near to club house and every thing we wanted, we had a great holiday and have booked up again for this year , we are going in two weeks time cant wait, thanks park resorts at valley farm for making our holiday very memorable and look forward to seeing you in a fortnight."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of May 2014

Reviewed Tue 3rd of September 2013

"Just got back from a weeks stay at Valley farm it was the first time we had stayed there. The staff were all lovely and very good with the children. My eldest is 11 and youngest is 2 and there was lots to do for the older ones and little ones. We went to the pool a few times and it was clean and so much fun. The food in the Boat house was nice and not over priced. Easy to get to the beach we walked there and had no problems finding our way. Found our way around the site easy. The children are already asking to go back. Will be booking again. "

• Travel date: Sun 1st of September 2013

Horrendous Weekend!!

Reviewed Tue 6th of August 2013

"This caravan site and amenities are really quite nice... but...

We were disgusted to find that we were allocated a caravan with filthy floors and with upholstery that was too filthy to sit on ..

We were invaded continually by ants, very upsetting....and bitten by fleas too.

Oh... and was just a few yards from a busy railway line too... If this is your idea of a dream holiday weekend in the sun, then this is the place for you :-)... though we decided to leave early!"

• Travel date: Fri 26th of July 2013

Superb

Reviewed Fri 19th of August 2011

"Went to Valley Farm in 2010 was very good absolutely first class accomodation lots to do on the park for adults and kids and the staff were fantastic entertainers and the cafe was first class too can highly reccomend this park."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of August 2011

Fun family holiday!

Good
Reviewed Fri 7th of October 2011

"Myself and my family came here during the Easter holidays. We all enjoyed our stay, the staff were very friendly and kind to us and there was alot of entertainment for the kids: the pool which was very clean, arcade which we spent alot of money in! and showbar which had great entertainment, shows and dancing. There was alot to do outside the park, Colchester Zoo, Clacton Pier, Shopping, Beach overall it was very enjoyable but I must admit there was one problem. We chose to stay in a gold graded caravan, most of it wasn't very clean. We wanted to have a fry up but the saucepan's and frypans and everything were filthy, there was a small hole in the wall the sofa was stained and the same for the bed covers. I would recommend this but it's best not to spend too much money on the grade of your caravan because we payed alot of money for a filthy caravan. Overwall i would rate it 7."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of May 2011

Excellent Park and Fantastic Staff

Reviewed Tue 5th of October 2010

"Myself and my 4 year old girl went to valley farm in September 2010 and I have to say it was by far the best holiday park holiday I have ever had (had a few)!!!
The staff were so friendly on collecting my keys they all had big smiles on their faces and were very knowledgeable about the area and the park which helped on knowing where was best to eat out and how far away the beach was etc.
when arriving in my unit (with the help of a lovely member of staff who helped me carry my case to my van as he could see I was on my own with a child) it was lovely & clean.
The entertainment centre all the evening the staff were very professional happy and talkative, they came straight over to my little girl (who is normally shy) and managed to get her to join in games on the stage.
Even the park shop was well stocked with friendly staff, my daughter had a brilliant time in the pool & the arcades, even the price of the holiday was value for money the only thing I would say is take a lot of pennies for the arcades because they were really addictive!
I really couldn't fault anything on this park!!!
I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PARK TO ALL MY FRIENDS & FAMILY! "

• Travel date: Mon 4th of October 2010

If your not a snob, this is just the job!!

Reviewed Mon 27th of September 2010

"I had previously read all the reviews on Valley Farm Park, mostly negative with some scary stories......
But, thought I would experience it for myself and was very pleasently surprised.
After a 2 1/2 hour journey, we arrived at Valley Farm to a very warm welcome in reception and they told us everything we needed to know.
Had a quick look around the site before we 'moved in' to our silver caravan and thought not bad on 1st sight.
After unpacking in our silver caravan ( yes it couldv'e done with a bit of a makeover but liveable for a week) went out for a bigger look.
Swimming pool~ excellent facility, clean,and tidy indoor and out, nice friendly staff, no problem (1st bad review wrong!)
Amusement arcade~ little bit 'dated' but no worries, security looking out and doing a good job, again impressed.
Restauraunt~ ok, nice menu, could've been a bit bigger but good food, as we found out later.
Entertainment~ Same layout as most holiday parks have, so no surprises, but found staff to be very friendly,very proffesional,very good with the kids (does help!) and very natural.
Great every morning at all the kids clubs, and good decent entertainment for ALL the family in the evening.
I went on holiday with my wife, my nephew and my 4 children and we ALL came back pleased, happy and content with the holiday we just had. So much so we've booked again, at Valley Farm Park, for next year.(2011)
So anyone who feels like they've had a bad experience at Valley Farm, go abroad! go somewhere else! or take a good long look at what you got, you aint getting it anywhere else for this money, value for money, and 7 of us that all went together can't all be wrong!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU VALLEY FARM HOLIDAY PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 27th of September 2010

Hotels near Valley Farm Holiday Park

Top traveller tips for Valley Farm Holiday Park

• myley+sam by myley+sam

"its greatttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

• Nic1122 by Nic1122

"Its lovely! Try it for yourslef!! "

• maxipink by maxipink

"avoid this disguisting place at all costs!!!! "

• Husband, daddy of 4 and very pleased holidayer by Husband, daddy of 4 and very pleased holidayer

"Loved Clacton, loved Valley Farm Holiday Park, already booked for next year!!! "

• yummy mummy by yummy mummy

"Try it, it's surprising how great the park is. "

• Gutted! by Gutted!

"Don't pay for entertainment package... "

• Carol F by Carol F

"defo the fountains in town a great attraction and great to cool off in "

• Mrnotsohappy by Mrnotsohappy

"Take your own booze and food as it;s not cheap. "

• joshstone123 by joshstone123

"Take ear plugs for the trains and industrial estate next to it "

• RCD1232014 by RCD1232014

"Only go if you are mentally disturbed to this funny farm because you can easily relate to the sales people. "

• Gary O by Gary O

"If you have pets, don't go to a Park Resorts complex. Havern have never let us down "

• Michaelellis456 by Michaelellis456

"You're children will only enjoy it if they are up to 6 years old and the entertainment was poor anyway. "

Valley Farm Holiday Park is also called