Great B & B Highly recommended

Reviewed Sun 25th of July 2010

"Have just arrived home from the Beeches, and wanted to write on here how great this B & B is - The couple who run it are really friendly and helpful to the point of recommending a indian restuarant and ringling to see if they had a table for us cant get better than that!!! Location is perfect for either walking into town or going to the beach. The cooked breakfast was lovely and even pleased my husband who has ate many cooked breakfast over the years and always has a moan that it either doesnt have toast or fried bread and this beakfast had both hurray!!!! The room we had was a large double with a great comfy bed and lovely clean esuite, the only noise we heard whilst we were there was the seagulls!!! Overall highly reccommend this B & B for service, cleaniness and great food!!"

• Travel date: Sun 25th of July 2010

Excellent value friendly service

Reviewed Wed 27th of March 2013

"Good value for money with an excellent breakfast set in a great, quiet location close to amenities. The owners were personable and attentive so we will definitely see them again."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of July 2010

Good Choice!

Reviewed Sat 30th of March 2013

"We have recently returned from visiting family in Clacton. We stayed at The Beeches Guest House for 5 nights.We were more than happy with our choice. The room was basic but clean with an en suite shower room and the breakfast was superb, catering for myself who must have a gluten free diet. Our hosts Liz and Barry werre delightful and even left us a key as we were arriving in the evening when they were otherwise engaged. They also suggested some great trips and restaurants, one of which excelled in terms of surroundings,service, quality and presentation of food.
Many thanks to Liz and Barry for a most enjoyable and relaxing stay."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of July 2010

Beeches guest house - enjoyable accommodation

Reviewed Thu 28th of March 2013

"This was our second visit. We enjoyed our stay at this guest house. It is very clean and very niceley decorated . The owners are friendly and helpful. Apart from the usual tea facilities offered in the bedroom there is a fridge as well which is quite handy.
The breakfast was very nice: they even had a menu and everything was prepared with great care."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of July 2010

Absolutely faultless Guest house....

Reviewed Mon 1st of April 2013

"This is the 2nd time i have stayed at The Beaches and my visit was as pleasurable stay as the 1st, it is soooo clean and bright done out tastefully, the owners are warm and friendly.. The Full English breakfast is just how i would cook it at home .... I am sure i will be staying again this year and i'm looking forward to it..."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of May 2010

No1? questionable!

Reviewed Tue 26th of March 2013

"Pro's- Good location, not a bad size room, good breakfast. The gentleman that showed us in was very polite and welcoming.
Con's - We gave a courtesy call to say we would be checking in slightly later in the afternoon. Only to be greeted on the phone by a VERY RUDE women who told us she had plans and we were not going to be allowed to check in until early evening... (Truly in the wrong business!!!!).. We paid extra for a larger en-suite which if stretched out you could touch every wall.. god nows what the smaller one was like. The milk in the room was a full month out of date, the shower although hot only trickled out."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of April 2010

Top marks for this B&B

Reviewed Sat 23rd of March 2013

"Our trip had to be altered slightly but Liz and Barry were most accomodating and welcoming. Nice to have a choice at breakfast, that was a bonus! It was a cold weekend but the heating was on and the room was cosy. (This is often a problem in other places where they are stingy with the heating!!!). They are situated in aquiet road, so no noise at night, yet very close to all facilities. We will definitely stay there again."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of March 2010

What an absolutely lovely guest-house!

Reviewed Fri 29th of March 2013

"We went to Clacton for a weekend break and were extremely pleased we chose to stay at The Beeches. It was recommended by a friend who had stayed there during the summer. They'd told how warm and friendly the place was and we definitely weren't disappointed! Liz and Barry were extremely welcoming and told us about some great local places to eat, drink and visit. We were only about 2 minutes from the beach and town centre, there was plenty of free parking outside and it was absolutely fantastic value for money. Our room was big and bright, lovely and clean, and furnished to a high standard - and most importantly the bed was really comfy! The dining room is bright and airy and the breakfast was spot on - quite possibly one of the best I've ever had in a B&B! What more can I say. If you're going to Clacton then I'd highly recommend The Beeches. We'll be going back!"

• Travel date: Thu 11th of March 2010

Very clean

Reviewed Sun 31st of March 2013

"A very high standard of cleanliness in this guest house, I had lovely room with an on suite and comfortable bed. The breakfast was also of a high standard. I would definately recommend staying there."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of January 2010

.....Like going back to stay with old friends.

Reviewed Wed 20th of March 2013

"I have stayed at The Beeches ( originally recommended by a friend), twice before. In this instance, I was there for the weekend for an anniversary celebration. The proprietors, Barry and Liz, are so welcoming and the hotel has a friendly ambiance. The rooms are tastefully decorated to a high standard, and the breakfast was yummy. Excellent value for money."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of January 2010

Excellent Location, Fantastic rooms

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"I visited The Beeches last weekend with my family (husband & I, children aged 7 and 3), and also my parents and Grandmother. We had a family room for 4, a double room and a double room for single occupancy. I booked based on the reviews here, and must support all the positive comments ! Liz and Barry were very friendly, helpful and accommodating in booking the rooms, giving us earlier access to drop off bags (we were down for a family Christening) and also in later check out (due to illness). The rooms were clean, well laid out and well stocked with towels and extra bedding. The breakfast was delicious, and service was friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, although I would caveat families with small children, as my 3 year old was chatting in the corridor at 7.45am and was asked to be quiet. I can understand this, but anyone with young children will know how hard it is to stop them chattering away, especially when they are 'on holiday' and excited. So this is a better place for slightly older children (our 7yr old was no bother) or couples."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of September 2009

The Beeches was spotless, comfortable, friendly and a great breakfast.

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Off road parking and safe for motorbikes.Right in the middle of everything, either shopping or the beach was literally a couple of minutes away, I am always sceptical of this comment, but it really was! We were both surprised when we went down for breakfast as there was three children in the dining room but we had not heard any sound of them at all. It was a very friendly atmosphere and we would definitely go back and stay there. The rooms were exceptioally clean and there were shower gels and towels in our room was a really nice touch.You cannot go wrong here."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of August 2009