Guest room

Good

Absolute bargain and excellent rooms

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"I booked early for a one night stay and it was £43. This included breakfast for two which was great, and free newspapers. There's a bar too. So much better than any Travelodge or Premier Inn I've used and cheaper if you include the breakfast. The bathroom was very good, with a really good sized shower. Room was very big for a UK hotel, really comfortable bed. Staff were polite and helpful. No complaints whatsover. If you're staying locally or using as an airport hotel I wouldn't hesitate. It even mentioned a fitness centre on site, but I didn't actually see this."

• Travel date: 19th October 2010

Beware of Car Park

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"We'd stayed here before during previous managership and found the hotel to be good value for the money. The rooms are clean and spacious and have A/C that actually works which is a novelty these days. The 'eat as much as you want' breakfasts are 'OK' if you get there early enough whilst its hpot but the quality of the food could do to be improved. Too much emphasis appears to be on cheap supply of base food. One of the main attractions for staying here is the claim that they have a 'secure' car park. Being a handicapped driver this is a bonus. They even go into print to qualify this. Imagine our disappointment therefore when returning to the car the first morning and finding that it had been vandalised. All of the normal reports, including to the Police, were made and the management offered unqualified appologies. However, that's where the service and goodwill stopped. When we got back to England we asked them if they were prepared to contribute towards the cost o0f repair. The amount wasn't much but it was too low to use my insurance as the excessw kicked in. Anyway, I reasoned that the hotel had a resonsibility as well as a PR opportunity here. But, and you guessed it, they turned me down flat claiming that there are signs disclaiming responsibility for and loss or damage to customers vehicles. In other words, a cop out. It seems to me that a golden opportunity here to market their goodwill was wasted in order to save a few pounds. The end result is that we will not stay there again, and would issue a warning to anyone who does, to be prepared to meet rebuffal should their cars be vandalised as the management clearly don't care about this."

• Travel date: 30th September 2010

Really glad we booked here

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"My husband and I stayed at this hotel on Saturday night and were pleasantly surprised! For the amazingly low price of £41.65 for a double room including breakfast, you really cannot go wrong. OK - the location is not the most picturesque and you really need a car to get there but other than that, give it a go! Very friendly staff on the front desk, very spacious rooms and bathrooms, large bed, tea and coffee making facilities, great air-con and we did not hear any noise from the corridors outside. Great selection at breakfast bearing in mind it was included in the price. Well done Hampton by Hilton, we would definitely stay at your other properties."

• Travel date: 13th September 2010

Large clean room with great bathroom. Great for the price!

Reviewed 17th October 2012

"I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the room as the hotel looks basic from the outside. For the price, it's one of the nicest rooms - large and clean with good facilities, good breakfast, and free wireless. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. Only negative is, as I arrived in the middle of the night, I found the place a little hard to find (even with Satnav!) and it wasn't signposted."

• Travel date: 12th September 2010

If this is Hilton's answer to Hol Inn Express & Premier Inn they're onto a winner

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"Stayed one night & was v impressed with the standard of accom. Big room, comfortable bed, clean, swift service.... more included than Prem Inn or Hol Inn Express. Keep it up Hilton - I may defect to you permanently."

• Travel date: 2nd August 2010

Fire!

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"Hotel is former Blueberry Hotel. A bit hard to find- off A120 going west (we were on A130 and it's not obvious). A good welcome to a comfortable room with two tiny single beds. Not up to the standard of US Hampton Inns but good. Air con is quiet and effective. TV has terrestrial plus news. Free wifi works well. Tea/coffee making facs, hairdryer, iron etc just as in US made our £36 special deal extremely good value. Woken at 5:50am by fire alarm, which meant evacuation into a rainy Essex morning. The fire was handled well by staff with roll calls although recalcitrant guests ddin't help. Can't comment on breakfast as this seems to be the source of the fire."

• Travel date: 31st July 2010

Great find

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"Stayed at the Hampton Inn, very pleased much better value than other limited service hotels. I really enjoyed my stay and will stay here again. Good sized air conditioned rooms with free high speed WiFi and great free breakfast."

• Travel date: 29th July 2010