If Camping don't do it.

Reviewed 21st September 2016

"Myself, my wife and our 7 year old grandson, have just spent 10 days at Skipsea Sands, in a tent, on the touring site. Never again . When we found the pitch we were allocated (no warden to show the way), we first had to remove the litter left by previous campers. We then pitched up on what can only be described as a muddy patch. It rained quite a bit in the evening and by the morning most of the camping pitches were flooded and resembled quagmires. Water had collected under our footprint due to all the holes. On to the facilities. Shower blocks filthy. Locks missing from toilet doors. Shower curtains on only 2 of the six men's shower cubicles, so water all over the place when showering. In the ladies toilets, fungus growing above the shower units, toilets blocked by toilet paper and other unmentionables. I could go on but don't have the energy. Overpriced drinks in the clubhouse (£9.20p for a wine and pint of so called beer). No bar for adults only and all the entertainment was for the children. We ate once in the cafe/bistro. My wife had a jacket potato with beans, it came with jacket potato, beans and cheese and was uncooked inside, we told the waitress and she took it away. she came back and told us that they were preparing a fresh one but the same one came back re-heated. We managed to make the most of a bad situation as the weather was great and to be fair the location is good. We would not recommend this Park to anyone as it was very very poor. I think the management at Park Resorts would do well to spend a week with the facilities we had to put up with and then maybe they would realize what changes they need to make for the better but I doubt they will. Happy Holidays!!! "

• Travel date: 8th September 2016

Holiday - yes, buying a caravan - no no no.

Reviewed 27th June 2016

"Do not buy a caravan off park resorts, they will tell you anything to get you to buy and you will find that none of it is true and the change of getting the truth out of them is unlikely. The site is OK (Skipsea Sands) but the sales team wouldn't know the truth if it fell on them. So, once you've bought you'll realize that you've been lied to but can not do a thing about it. Simple, if it isn't written down, it isn't true! There are many less profit-aggressive companies out there, if use them."

• Travel date: 27th June 2016

Touring site

Reviewed 31st March 2016

"I would just like to say the customer service at SkipSea Sands Holiday Park is the worst I have ever come across. They cancelled my holiday the day before I was meant to set off saying the site was water logged. My complaint is they knew this a week ago but failed to contact anybody with the fact there holiday may be cancelled leaving it to late to book any were else. "

• Travel date: 17th March 2016

Holiday yes - but do not buy

Reviewed 23rd July 2015

"I have never wrote anything negative before but feel that after 18 years at Skipsea Sands Holiday Park I have to for someone at Park Resorts to take notice, and to warn others before they invest a lot of money into a holiday home there. On the positive we had a static caravan on site for 18 years (including prior to Park Resorts) - it is a lovely area with plenty to do, a great village pub, safe for children and entertainment is generally good. The holiday let staff are very pleasant and helpful. However do not go here with young children and no car as the only beach access is by foot onto a disused road (the wrong side of the crumbling cliff danger warning) and then a reasonable walk to another site where they may have steps or you will have to scramble down the cliffs. The bars are expensive but you expect that and there is the village pub or "Beach Club" next door which also has entertainment. The pool and leisure center is good. Therefore for a holiday, if you have a car, good. The negative - to buy a caravan will cost you a lot of money (caravan, fees, rates, checks, gas, electric, insurance and depreciation) and we noted that prices were not displayed for a lot of the older caravans despite owners asking last year for honest pricing. You will see on other sites that owners have complained about feeling mistreated and "ripped off" by Park Resorts. Sadly my overwhelming feeling since Park Resorts took over is that they are just interested in making money at any cost - you do not feel valued as an owner and the joy of a second home is lost as it does not feel like yours. We have been given so much conflicting advice by Skipsea Sands. I was told by a Sales Manager that the site has five stars on TripAdvisor and my opinion does not matter. I pointed out that one unhappy customer has a ripple effect on publicity. How said to value your customer base so little. Unfortunately I did not get the person's name but they were rude and condescending when I asked for a copy of my contract with the site. The Senior Sales Manager then came over was abusive and shouted, put his hand in my face and then said he would not talk to me only my husband in his office. When we refused he told me to leave - I refused. I wish to add that our enquirers were dealt with an hour later by two very pleasant members of staff at the Sales Office, and my complaint about the behavior was taken seriously by the holiday staff (but no response yet). If you are reading this and think I'm just causing trouble - I'm not. Just it is a large investment and you want to be happy and relaxed. Holiday yes, but shop around if buying and be aware of false promises. Sadly for a company making memories I didn't expect them to give me nightmares."

• Travel date: 14th July 2015

Not a very nice holiday

Reviewed 29th June 2015

"I have been returning to Skipsea Sands Holiday Park for a couple of years now all was good until this break, Every morning i would awake and have to clear dog mess from around my caravan even walking around the site I observed a few couples walking there dogs letting them foul and just walk off not cleaning after them.I went a complained all i got told was we will sort it nothing got done. I use to like going to Skipsea Sands Holiday Park but after this break i will not be returning will look at other places to go."

• Travel date: 27th June 2015

DISGUSTING

Reviewed 11th September 2014

"I stayed on the Touring field for a week in Aug with my two young children. I have to say i will not be retuning to this park, what a disgrace, we decided to eat in the restaurant for tea, it was 5PM the place was empty, there was not one clean table to sit at, and there was food sprawled along the floor. The bar was swimming in bear and the staff stood about chatting, the table were all sticky, i asked a member of the kitchen staff to come and clean the tables, he did with dry blue roll!!! The curtains and windows were covered in cobwebs and spiders the toilets were awful, no hand wash or toilet roll the bin was overflowing and it stank. My son went to adjust his chair when he did he got his fingers stuck because the seat wasnt actually attached to the chair, this resulted in him having black nails for a week. I also was subjected to foul language, as i was sitting outside the caravan two members of cleaning staff were swearing like troopers behind the hedge. During my trip I complained to 4 members of staff, none of them really gave any concern, I then wrote a letter of complaint on my return, Skipsea Sands basically said sorry we will fix it!!! This place needs flattening in order to fix it."

• Travel date: 11th September 2014

BAR STAFF DISGRACE

Reviewed 15th July 2013

"I have just returned from the skip sea caravan holiday parks with 5 of my family members, we shared a bronze caravan which we were very pleasuently surprised with. 3 Bedrooms which were decent in size for all and 2 bathrooms and a large kitchen and dining area. I enjoyed the holiday overall however there were a few things that i found very poor. The entertainment was the same every night, the same acts and the same songs, and the music was ridiculously loud we had to take our 2 year old son home because he had a bad ear ache. The one thing that got me about this holiday, is the bar staff were absolutely disgusting. On several occasions we had waited at least 15 minutes for a pint. the first occasion we waited 10 minutes for a drink while the staff decided to go away in the back, while there was a massive Que. The second time was appalling. I waited with my husband for 15 minutes while 2 of the bar staff stood there and giggled at their mobiles. It got to the point where my husband has to ask them if they were serving us, to their response "in a minute" we were disgusted so we walked into a different bar where we then told the bar manager and instead of apologizing on their behalf, he told us that we were being unreasonable. I do NOT find this acceptable and they need to get some GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!"

• Travel date: 15th July 2013

SKIPSEA SANDS HOLIDAY PARK

Reviewed 15th July 2013

"the platinum caravan was clean modern and comfortable the bed very comfortable WE werein BEMPTOM MEADOWS Grass was cut could park car next to caravan and it had outside lighting WONDERFUL but WHILST CARAVAN PARK AND STAFF WERE GREAT . Bar staff use one cloth for all tables , this made the tables sticky, THE Childrens entertainment was great BUT THE ADULT ENTERTAINMENT WAS FROM POOR TO AVERAGE , offset by a good variety to drink in the barmade up for this. Rating 9/10 and will go again . the fishing on site is terrible possible cause young pond needs a couple of years to mature and the ducks are a nuisence but we found a great site in ulrome one mile a way so was very happy. husband was happy too"

• Travel date: 13th July 2013

Skipsea Sands Short Break

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"We booked this break via the Sun newspaper £9.50 holidays. We had a lovely caravan, very clean, and found the park itself to be well kept and clean. Admittedly, there probably isn't a lot for families with children, but it is a small park, and we weren't expecting it to be an all singing all dancing park, like some of the bigger ones are. The staff were all pleasant, very helpful, particularly when my daughter realised she had dropped her purse in the club, and we had to go back after the club had closed, and the entertainment was pretty good for a small park in October, something was put on each night, unlike some, where the entertainment out of season consists of a couple of staff members doing alternate Karaoke songs. Definitely good value for money. The only downside was that, and this has been mentioned by previous reviews and not the fault of the park, due to the awful coastal erosion taking place, you are unable to go on any little walks along the coast from the park, or get access to the beach. All in all, a good break and a good park"

• Travel date: 11th November 2012

Fab long weekend break in static caravan for me and my daughter

Reviewed 10th October 2012

"Unsure what to expect, as with reading reviews but each to their own. My toddler and I had a lovely break in a spacious caravan and although I was ill, we made the most of it. Prior to check in we called at the Chip shop just next to the resort and near the eroded cliff. We had a nosey at the road closure and got some lovely chips and took them back to our caravan. Staff upon arrival and departure were friendly and helpful. Went to Bridlington for trip out one day, had walk along sea front, ride on Pirate Ship, ride on Puffa Train and tea and scone in local cafe. We had a lovely day and the journey by car wasn't too far. The next day we went into Hornsea and had Sunday dinner in a pub and a walk around the town, didn't really see much as everything was closed. We only used the swimming pool facilities on site, due to being ill, so didn't see any bars, restaurants, kids clubs, arcades etc, plus I had brought everything apart from the kitchen sink with us, as I like to be prepared. The swimming pool was lovely and hardly anyone in when we went in on Sunday afternoon, it wasn't particulary cold like reviews had specified, all very clean and an enjoyable experience. We had a drive around the site and all appeared very clean and the touring field looked impressive and had a play area and park for children and a pond. Would recommend."

• Travel date: 9th October 2012

skip sea sands

Reviewed 19th October 2011

"worst holiday we have had in years the toilets a disgrace shower blocks human crap smeared on walls nothing for kids to do during the day apart from spending loads of money on bandits clubhouse beer overpriced and not that good flat pint lets just hope the coastel errosion hurrys up and take the place with it "

• Travel date: 3rd October 2011

touring holliday

Reviewed 20th September 2011

"I would recomend this site 100%,on arrival we were greeted by warm helpfull staff, pitch size GREAT ,the toilets,washing area and showers were the cleanest i have been in,and kept that way by a cleaner 2 to 3 times daily, After reading some negative reviews befor deciding to go here we where very suprised by what we found ,WE COULD FIND NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT,the site was clean,quiet,all the staff from reception down to the rangers were helpfull and polite A GREAT 10 DAYS WAS HAD paul/babs & rita "

• Travel date: 19th September 2011

Hotels near Skipsea Sands Holiday Park

Top traveller tips for Skipsea Sands Holiday Park

• by Gingerwarrior

"Don't get duped into buying a caravan at Parkdean Resorts."

• by Colin H

"Never book a holiday at skipsea sands"

• by Tigger46

"Eat and drink outside of the park"

• by clairex

"DONT GO TO THE BAR IN THE COMPLEX!"

• by Sue G

"better cleaning bar tables and better evening entertainment for adults"

• by Dazza

"travel to Bridlington"

• by chewie648

"plan your holiday and what you want to do before you go"

• by Marcus Terry - Bedford

"To use the arcade machines, do reccomend, good payouts/machines. Best amusements you fill find."

• by claire-em

"the kids entertainment, day and night."

• by Noble

"Buy the entertainment passes. "

• by **@**

"Take a bath mat with you as there is no grip on the bath"

• by willow

"you need a car as it is out in the countryside"

• by marylin

"You really need a car but there is a bus that stops at the park - so that could be an option if you really needed it to be."

• by Joe

"Dont go its absolutely garbage. "

• by daz

"staff were very helpful"

• by dee22

"Nice pitch but that's it."

• by the tribe!!

"give it a go,even if for a wkend,u will love it"

Skipsea Sands Holiday Park is also called