About Jeake's House

• bottled water
  • shared lounge tv area
  • pets allowed
  • german amenities
  • wake up service alarm clock
  • complimentary toiletries
  • bathrobes
  • ipod docking station
  • iron
  • special diet menus
  • board games puzzles
  • coffee tea maker
  • paid private parking nearby

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2012

"After seeing the negative reviews for the Mermaid I was prepaired for the worst!
Arrived on spec having been down to the tourist board and been sent to some B&B way too far away.
Its reasonably priced considering the location. The room was VERY clean AND charming as were the hosts.
Breakfast suberb - couldn't eat for another 5 hours! I would go back, I don't have anything negative to say.

My only suggestion would be to take earplugs - if you go in Summer - Seagulls start around 2.30a.m. Cotton wool was provided by the Jeakes in the room, alas I found it about 4.30a.m.
*"

• Travel date: Wed 26th of July 2006

Wonderful ambiance!

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"Jeake's House is well-located and beautifully decorated. We had requested a twin-bedded room and actually had a room with one doube and one twin bed, ensuite bathroom, TV, hospitality tray and old world charm.

Breakfast is included and you have quite a choice; full English breakfast, fruit, cereal, Continenal and juice. The breakfast tables have linen table clothes and are set with silver and blue willow plates. There's an honesty bar and loads of daily newspapers and books in the guest sitting room. Jenny and Richard, the owners are helpful and friendly.

The car park is an easy 2 or 3 block walk and lets you out towards a major road. On the other side of the car park wall is a Budgens (sp?) grocery store and there's a laundrette at the far side of the train station car park. The High street has deli's and resturants and all kinds of little shops. Given the current exchange rate Jeakes House is pricey, but well worth it!"

• Travel date: Fri 14th of July 2006

Excellent!

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"Beautiful street, beautiful building, beautiful room. Excellent location in centre of town, whilst also being very peaceful. We had the largest room, a 4-poster (which admittedly wasn't massive but it was more than adequate). Furnishings/bathroom etc all of very high quality. Courteous owners, even the cat is distinguished! Breakfast was nicely done and the honesty bar/lounge areas a bonus in a small establishment. Highly recommended."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of July 2006

Super hotel

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"This is the second time that we have stayed at Jeakes' House and it was just as enjoyable as the last time. The owners Jenny and Richard do everything possible to make your stay a happy one. For us, they even made arrangements for my husband to use a bathroom ,after we had checked out, to shower after he had led a cycle ride on Romney Marsh Their honesty bar makes you feel as though you are at home, being able to help yourself to drinks and just making a note of what you have. We love this place and are going again in December. Highly recommended"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of July 2006

Charming upmarket B&B in ancient neighbourhood

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"A charming small bed and breakfast establishment in an "olde worlde" location, halfway up the prettiest street in Rye.
Just echoing the comments made by previous reviewers, service very good, breakfast also of a high standard, tables a little cramped. The outline of the three houses linked together to make the hotel is clear, with a number of stairs up and down to be negotiated.
Decor and furnishings generally good, we stayed in Elizabeth Fry room, with a four poster bed, it was a little dark and will apparently be re-decorated in the winter of 2005-6.
The owners are visible and chat at breakfast time, and are helpful as guides to the area.
We were told they have a rolling refurbishment program - 3 rooms are renewed each winter."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of August 2005

Romantic, charming, lovely

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"My husband and I stayed at Jeake's House during our 9 day stay in Southeast England using Rye as our base. We loved every thing about Jeake's House from it's location on a quiet cobbled stone street, relaxing parlors with a courtesy bar, to our room with a four poster bed, charming antique furnishings and lavish bathroom. Breakfast each morning was absolutely delicious and much anticipated! Jenny Hadfield is a warm gracious host who genuinely cares about her guests. We would highly recommend Jeake's House."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of June 2005

Beautiful Hotel... Amazing Service!

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"The hotel at Jeakes is everything I had hoped for as a romantic getaway surprise for my wife. Every single thing about it was special. The hosts had that very unusual balance of always being there when you needed them but were not obviously seen any other time. The hotel was beautiful and my wife was thrilled with our room. The antique furnature and the decor was definately outstanding! The breakfast in the morning was so soothing with the music playing softly in the background. The perfect way to start the day! I would really recommend this to anyone."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of June 2005

Charming Bed and Breakfast on a quiet cobbled street..

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"I have stayed at Jeakes House Hotel many times, each time a total joy to the senses. From their fine antiques and beautiful linens, to their bountiful fresh cooked breakfast and wonderful hospitality. It is such a romantic and restful treat for anyone. Rye itself is beautiful, quaint shops and lovely restaurants and architecture. Jeakes House shows how good a small hotel can be!"

• Travel date: Wed 9th of March 2005

style in rye

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"We stayed for two nights along the cobbled street in the wonderful Rye with its antique shops. Jeakes is a B&B and is very beautiful and warm.
The breakfast room is wonderful and we were served with one of the best breakfasts. Thoroughly recommended and the prices were reasonable."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of February 2004

Charming and Romantic...

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"What a special hotel this was! Jenny Hadfield the owner was the epitomy of graciousness and warmth. The hotel itself was charming with so many little touches that it is hard to list them all. Our room was amazing and comfortable with lovely linens and beautiful antique furnishings. Just what you would imagine a traditional English Bed and Breakfast to be. The breakfast in the morning was the best I have had in all of my travels through England with lots of little extras like homemade marmalade and jams served. My husband and I hated to leave our romantic love nest with its huge canopy bed."

• Travel date: Fri 17th of January 2003