Room 22

Good

not the best - need refurbishment

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"Travelled with friends, had two rooms, the first being on the fourth floor - a total of 83 very steep stairs if you don't want to use the lift. Beds were comfy but the bathroom was SO small, no lock on the door either, so if you touched the door it opened. Ceiling was bowing as if it were about to fall down. That said, the room was clean and the view to sea was great. The second room was on the first floor, a larger room and a larger bathroom (still no lock on the door though). The drawback was that it backed onto the local night club and my friends were kept awake until about 4 am. Not good after a tiring day. There was also a cracked window in the bathroom. Breakfast was good value for money, cooked to order and hot. Staff are friendly and helpful. Parking was £6 for 24 hours in the underground car park opposite the hotel entrance, very dark but had CCTV"

• Travel date: 13th December 2010

great hotel in a great location at the right price

Reviewed 31st March 2013

"I stayed at the hotel along with my husband and nephew, both rooms had a sea view and ours had a balcony, the rooms are very clean with extremely comfortable beds and pillows, and had all the amenities you would expect, rooms were cleaned, clean towels and beds made, daily. The hotel staff were brilliant and nothing was too much trouble for them, we found the hotel to be very cosy and friendly and we felt at home right away. The new owners are in the process of renovating the rooms, I was shown one of the completed ones and cannot wait until my next visit to see the rest. The location of the hotel is ideal, being right on the seafront, and just in front of the main shopping centre and a short walk to the old town, and a big bonus for us, a stones throw from a very good Chinese restaurant."

• Travel date: 4th December 2010

Great location,Excellent value, Fabulous Welcome

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"Slowly but surely the new owners are refurhishing this super little hotel though it may well take some time to complete. We booked at very short notice and the only room available was facing out onto an unimpressive back streets. Disappointed we weren't! The room was wonderfully decorated and clearly great care and attention had been taken over the furnishings. As for the bed it had to be one of the most comfy I'd slept in in any hotel anywhere in the world! Breakfast service ending at 9.30 appeared early but that was more that made up by coffee and toast in the bar watching Match of the Day. Olga and her team were warm and welcoming. And we'll certainly be going back"

• Travel date: 1st November 2010

Interesting if you stay in room 4

Reviewed 30th March 2013

"We have just returned from a two night stay at this hotel. The staff were extremely friendly. The hotel itself is small but okay. The rooms could do with a lick of paint and updating. We had Room No. 4 which is also the fire escape so maybe not for the heavy sleeper! The view was lovely. Recommend for those who only use their room as a base and are very active during the day."

• Travel date: 11th October 2010

The long and winding road

Reviewed 29th March 2013

"Arrived late and found the room after a long winding route of corridors and stairs. The room was small and very hot. Net curtain had fallen down and landed on the bed but once we settled in, opened the window and straightened the room it was clean and very cosy. Breakfast was a bit mixed. My breakfast arrived at least 10 minutes before my husbands and mixed crockery. Great location and close to Old Hastings. Friendly staff but if you suffer from claustrophobia, then don't use the lift."

• Travel date: 17th September 2010

Very convenient and friendly

Reviewed 28th March 2013

"When I arrived at the hotel I was very pleased as the location is excellent; right on the sea front but without the noise associated with being in the middle of the nightlife. It is a two-minute walk to the town centre and a very convenient place to have as a base to see the local attractions and surrounding area. What stood out for me was the friendly nature of the staff from start to finish of my stay. They always said hello and would often engage in conversation to ensure that all was well. I found them to be very helpful throughout and made the stay more pleasant. The facilities are basic but it totally depends on what you are looking for. If you are planning to stay in your room the whole time then this is not the place for you. However, if you are looking to have a base then this hotel comes highly recommended. The rooms are clean and provide you with necessary facilities that you would come to expect when paying such a reasonable price. I was lucky enough to have a room facing the sea which also adds to the experience when you can wake up in the morning to such a lovely view. The breakfast was nice and has a good variety of toast, cereal, traditional english, continental and drinks. Overall, I would say that this hotel met my needs and will meet the needs of those who are looking to have somewhere friendly, convenient, clean and comfortable to stay in when visiting Hastings."

• Travel date: 9th August 2010

Good value for money, would definitely visit again.

Reviewed 27th March 2013

"i visited with my young son, we were made to feel very welcome. The room was nice and clean and comfortable. The hotel is within a few minutes walk of the beach, a good location, it was just what i was looking for, a nice comfortable stay, and cheap rates. The landlord was very helpful and cheeful. Miss B Kaur, Glasgow."

• Travel date: 5th August 2010

Extra clean basic room with basic amenities all you need to sleep comfortably when on a budget.

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"A hotel which appears to be in the process of being updated. The front exterior was very welcoming, awash with flowering hanging baskets and a bright paint scheme of black and white mock tudor effect. Reception staff very polite and only too happy to help. Parts of the hotel are lovely such as the bar and lounge with TV and internet usage. Rooms were quiet and clean. Bulb was changed straight away when reported faulty. Bedlinen very crisp and fresh. Bath and shower, sink and toilet all ensuite with fresh white towels! . Tv, phone, alarm radio, hairdryer, tea coffee facilities all fine. Only points for improvement would be the following: A fan in the room for when the humidity /temp is a problem. The windows needed cleaning as the gulls had decorated them extensively -Yuk! The Lift is old at best and very tiny only able to hold one adult and a child without any luggage! Location is ideal overlooking the beach and pier. 2 minutes from the town shopping area and restaurants etc. No on site parking available but a very reasonable underground car park which is locked overnight is in front of the hotel which costs £6 for 24 hours parking. Dont expect more then what you pay for, basic rooms which are very comfortable at a very modest price which in the current climate is exactly what a family needs. Thankyou for our enjoyable stay and we will return again."

• Travel date: 6th July 2010

Good value and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"Went there for a mini-break with my family for 2 nights. This hotel had been taken over and was impressed with the work they have done. Very friendly staff, nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was great, rooms were ok with decent beds. Location is superb everything is within easy reach. Would recommend this hotel as it's a good all round hotel with a nice traditional feel to it. My kids enjoyed it so not much more i can say. With the summer we are having there has never been a better time to visit Hastings & the Lansdowne Hotel!!!"

• Travel date: 2nd July 2010

Brilliant location

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It is on the seafront, two minutes walk from the town centre, 5 minutes from the pier, and 10 minutes from Hastings Old Town, and in easy reach of many choices of eating places. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the breakfasts were good and during our stay, new owners took over the hotel. The rooms are spacious though the bathrooms are on the small side. The only negative was that the decor was rather tired and neglected, but the new owners, from day one, have embarked on refurbishment and redecoration to bring the internal rooms up to date to match the attractive exterior. We felt we had value for money as rates were very reasonable."

• Travel date: 6th June 2010