About The Mowbray

• coffee tea maker
  • dvd cd player

Half Term break

Reviewed Mon 3rd of November 2014

"This guest house is a great place for a guaranteed welcome! It's my second holiday this year, and I highly recommend the Mowbray to my family and friends.

A top rate breakfast too, setting us up for whatever you choose to do during the day, whether site seeing or a day of retail therapy in "high street stores", or some of the more exclusive shops.

Darren and his staff are helpful, and welcoming to all their guests, and nothing is too much trouble.

my husband and I have booked our summer fortnight for next year already, as has our son too. That's how well we've enjoyed our stays here, with Darren and his team.

Our room was spacious, with a good sized en-suite. The tea/coffee hospitality tray was restocked every day, with tea, coffee and biscuits and bottled water too.

Even though we were at the end of October, we had fantastic weather, with plenty of warm sunshine, apart from one day of rain throughout the week.

A guaranteed warm welcome from a bubbly owner.

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of November 2014

back for more

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"A year since our last visit so whilst having a few days off in London and with a nice weather forecast we thought we would spend acouple of days at the seaside and check on how the Mowbray has changed in the last year since Darren and laura took over.
Well it has definately changed for the better. The newly refurbished 'superior' room really is a huge improvement on the decor which when I last visited I thought was perhaps a little dated. The room is very nice with a huge bed and an even bigger shower and nice modern decoration!
As we arrived quite late I didnt want to go out to eat so we had the evening meal in the hotel as well and can definatly recommend the cooking, 3 courses for a few £ extra and the quality was easily on a par with local restaurants!
It is easy to see where the 'not so new anymore' owners are stamping their mark on the place, all the common rooms have been tastefully decorated with local artwork and I understand a programme of room refurbishment is underway (they had decorators in during our stay but we didnt experience any noise or disturbance), during this Darren and laura have lost none of their hospitality and even remembered us from our previous stay, which was nice!
I look forward to revisiting again sometime soon to see the future changes"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of April 2009

Murder Mystery weekend was brilliant, food brilliant and staff very friendly.

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"The murder mystery weekend was wonderful, a great time was had by all. we were a large group of extended family and had a great time. The food was excellent and all the rooms were clean and well equipped with DVD, TV and tea making facilities. The staff were very friendly and really made the weekend. I would recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of March 2009

A great time and a fun experience

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"The Murder Mystery weekend was great fun, and the overall experience at the Mowbray was one I'd recommend to anybody. Nice rooms, great food, and really helpful and accommodating hosts.
Top Work !"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of March 2009

The Mowbray is 10 out of 10

Reviewed Fri 1st of February 2013

"Five nights whilst attending a Convention at Eastbourne.
Ideal location for theatres, tennis centre, convention centre and.
sea front.
Clean, friendly, good food, pleasant host and hostess.
I hope to be at Eastourne again in two years.
The Mowbray will be my first choice.
Stan Reynolds"

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of October 2008

This Hotel is fantastic.

Reviewed Sat 2nd of February 2013

"This is a great hotel. We stayed here for a long weekend in Eastbourne and we were sorry to leave. It was clean, great location the staff and owners were lovely and helpful. If you stay in Eastbourne this is the place to stay, away from the main road but about two minute walk from the beach and promenade. There is also a lovely pub and cafe around the corner. Also it's across the road from the Theatre."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of September 2008

highly recommended

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Good location close to the seafront and theatres. Very pleasant owners and good service. Breakfast was very good. In room DVD and DVD library good. Good value for money.

Everthing great - small negative that the bathroom needs a few minor repairs but everything worked and was fine. \Overall highly recommended."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of August 2008

Mowbray Hotel

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Laura and Darren, the owners were very welcoming and friendly and provided a great service. The hotel is in a great location with the beach 100 yds and the pier another 5 minutes walk. Parking permits are provided and there are ample spaces around the hotel for parking. The breakfast was lovely with a wide variety of cereals, pastries and a cooked breakfast. There is a wide range of extra services available and the DVD player was great for keeping a 4 year entertained."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of August 2008

Excellent customer service

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We (me and my husband) have just recently spent a weekend in Eastbourne, and we decided to stay at the Mowbray. As a young (ish!) couple, we decided on the Mowbray as the website meant we could book on-line, and the new owners looked like they were making some up-to-date changes! We definately made the right choice! Laura and Darren Weir were excellent hosts and from the moment we arrived made us feel very welcome - nothing was too much trouble (Laura even tumble-dried a jacket of mine that had got soaked!!). Our room was comfortable, clean and well proportioned and the little extras were very much appreciated (an evening newsletter was popped in our room whilst we had dinner with local events, weather etc). Our 3 course dinner, and breakfast were absolutely fantastic. Being only a stone's throw from the beach was an added bonus - we hope to come back and stay again and have already recommended the hotel to our friends!"

• Travel date: Fri 25th of July 2008

Good B&B

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"Young married couple, keen, enthusiastic, not yet embittered and cynical. Made the stay very good value for money. Dinner excellent value too. 2 mins to sea front. Perfect cheap 'n' cheerful Guest house. strongly recommended."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of July 2008

Perfect Location and Perfect Hosts!

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"I stayed at the Mowbray with friends in March 2008.

The hotel was very easy to find and whilst parking was on the street (as it is with all hotels in the area) a permit was provided.

The new owners, Darren and Laura, were extremely welcoming.

The rooms each had a television and DVD player. The water for the shower was always hot, and in all I was very impressed with my room.

I am told tha the new owners have added the new bar area. This is perfect for a drink before going off to the theatre.

Breakfast time was stress free, catering to our every need.

The proximity to the beach was perfect. The hotel is located a (very) short distance from the beach where long walks can be enjoyed.

Whilst the hotel does have a restaurant, for those wishing to venture further an array of restaurants to suit all tastes are within the area. The location could not be bettered!

I would highly recommend this hotel and hope that the youth and enthusiasm of the new owners continues, which I am sure it will."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of March 2008