Very enjoyable time

Reviewed 8th November 2016

"This was our second visit to the Queens Hotel in Eastbourne and we found everything about it was superb the food was good it was clean and staff was excellent very helpful, entertainment at night was terrific we would definitely return. Regards Joe & Anne Stephens."

• Travel date: 11th October 2016

treat like a queen

Reviewed 8th September 2014

"Stayed for five days had a wonder full time room large enough for my wheelchair food first class staff help full and attentive wheelchair lift a godsend have all ready booked up for next year at queens a full week this time."

• Travel date: 8th September 2014

Problems with Queens Hotel

Reviewed 8th March 2013

"We stayed there for 6 days. We found the floorboards in the bedroom were so squeaky, everytime we had to go to the bathroom at night we woke each other, up the noise was so bad. The sash window had no lock or stay on it and was very difficult to open. We liked most of the staff they were very nice, the food was good and it was very clean. However, I had some jewellery taken from our locked bedroom and when I told reception they were not at all sympathetic or helpful, they simply said I had to ring the police and report it. That was it. I duly did this and the police then rang the reception before ringing me back with a crime no. The policewoman then told me that on speaking to the receptionist she was told I must have mislaid it or else I had not locked the door properly. The police could not believe that the hotel reacted like this. So a word of warning do not leave any jewellery in your room take it with you even if you only have 1 or 2 pieces."

• Travel date: 22nd August 2009

royalty enjoyed it so it was good enough for us

Reviewed 1st March 2013

"travelled with alfa coaches the journey down was okay motorways become a bit boring but had sufficient to stretch your legs have coffee and comfort visits, the hotel which was right on the sea front near the pier had a decent car park for personal travellers. we were met on arrival by the manageress who gave us all the information we needed and she was always there with help and advice if it was needed. the hotel was spotlessly clean our room and plenty of room and light, the shining glory of the hotel is the dining room and the main staircase the dining room was very elegant and the staircase with its leaded windows are really fit for a queen. the food and service was excellent, we enjoyed all our meals and always looked forward to our next . would go back and certainly recommend the queens to our friends"

• Travel date: 4th July 2009

Enjoyable Stay - Plan to Return

Reviewed 23rd February 2013

"We visited this hotel following a recommendation and were not disappointed during our six night stay. The hotel is owned by Leisureplex who own 17 UK hotels and is part of the same group who provide coach holidays through their Alfa Travel brand. This was our fourth holiday with Alfa Travel and we found the Queens Hotel to be up to the standard of the other hotels in their chain with a friendly welcome on arrival, good service in the restaurant and a varied menu on offer. Our large sea view room had a well fitted bathroom with shower over bath, it wasn't the largest of bathrooms but was adequate and very clean. I'm sure it was worth paying the small supplement for the sea view and we were fascinated to have such a stunning view of the promenade and pier. There seemed to be a good number of residents who hadn't arrived by coach, this hotel being the only hotel in the area with its own large car park and if arriving by car I would certainly consider the hotel for the parking facilities alone. The large public rooms and resident's restaurant were well furnished and decorated to a high standard and bar staff were friendly and efficient. We didn't spend much time in the hotel and didn't see much of the nightly entertainment but from other guests comments it seemed perfectly acceptable and would be welcome if the weather dictated an evening spent indoors. Our Alfa Tours package included three days touring the area and our two other 'spare' days were also spent out and about so we never got chance to sample the lunches or afternoon teas on offer. Although the hotel is situated on the sea front it is only a short walk to the centre of Eastbourne town centre and shops. Bus stops outside the hotel provide services west to Brighton, east to Hastings and the open top tourist service also starts from the same stop outside the pier. Over 60's concessions are accepted on this service by the way. There is some traffic noise from the Marine Parade, the main road outside which runs along the promenade and on one evening we were disturbed by loud music from a nearby disco but this eventually ceased and comparative peace returned. I would certainly recommend this hotel as offering good value for money and a good standard of accommodation, it is clean and well run and the staff well motivated, the two star rating not doing justice to what the hotel offers, the well-appointed public areas certainly being of four star standard. This has inspired us to go on and try more hotels in the Leisureplex chain, because, so far we haven't been disappointed!"

• Travel date: 18th May 2009

Queens Hotel Should be at Least a 3 Star Hotel

Reviewed 26th February 2013

"I could not fault this lovely Hotel. Reception staff were very,very helpful polite and courteous. Our little Polish waitress was som good at her job that we would have liked to have eaten all the year roun provided she served us. She deserved a mention because she always had time for us, her name was Bernia, I called her Ben and we had table number 2 . I am afraid I fell for her because she was a reflection of this lovely Hotel. The knockers of this hotel seemed to expext first class but pay for second class. The room was very clean, and enormous. Furniture was of good standard. Food very good and if it wasn't Ben made up for it. But the food was quite nice.The ambiance reflected what grandeur the Hotel once was......LOVED EVERY DAY THERE!!!"

• Travel date: 16th May 2009

Best time ever

Reviewed 24th February 2013

"A friendly welcoming hotel. Travelled with their sister company Alfa superb service. Driver good and welcome when we arrived was efficient and friendly. Room was huge and view of pier and sea good. Mum (86) had a room at the back which was also huge and a walk in shower as she is disabled. Our's was over the bath. Staff are friendly and willing to please, nothing was too much for them even when they were busy. Food was excellent with a varied menu and reasonable choice, well cooked and presented and hot, plates too, sevice excellent and quick. Some areas of the hoel are a bit 'weather worn' but in character, and clean. Very atmospheric and true to 1884 when it was built. Leisureplex have (and are doing) a good job of renovating thiss beautiful building, (it all takes time as they are open all year). The only negative comment, hot tap had to be run a long time, and the shower threw itself at me because of the extreme water pressure. Well, thye say forwarned is forarmed!! One of the best coach type holidays we've had. Well done Alfa and all at the Queens."

• Travel date: 12th April 2009

A lovely friendly hotel

Reviewed 19th February 2013

"A traditional resort hotel with spacious and clean rooms. We had maid service every day. All the staff were very friendly and the dining room was very pleasant to eat in with good food and the all the waiters were very attentive. Would go back. The only fault was the squeaky floorboards in the room we stayed in."

• Travel date: 23rd March 2009

Two fantastic weekends at the Queens Hotel

Reviewed 11th February 2013

"We have just spent two weekends, at two consecutive music festivals at this hotel. I am the tour organiser for these events and wish to pass my thanks to the hotel and all its staff. Considering the staff had no idea what we were about to throw at them, they coped admirably. Frankly we turned the hotel upside down from its usual operating procedures and it is my opinion that they did a wonderful job. All the staff were extremley helpful and special mention should go to the bar staff. I had only to open my mouth to have any situation sorted out. I was only aware of problems with two of our guests through the events, one of which has decided to make a comment which is listed as a review below. Whilst I was not present during their altercation with the staff and so cannot comment on its validity, I suspect the problem was blown up out of all proportion, possibly due to my customers being tired after a long trip. I note that the name given in the review below (LauraSouth) is not the name we know them by (personally whilst Tripadvisor encourages it, I think its wrong to write a review without supplying the correct name). The Queens Hotel is a good two, pushing three star hotel. It is not a four star gourmet venue and potential customers should not expect it to be so. The food was good and I thought several dishes were excellent. The hotel is clean and very spacious. Parking is free, a major plus point in Eastbourne. All too often these review sites can be used to critisise and not praise. Please take note that we have rebooked for next year with an expected attendance of over two hundred people. I have read all the comment cards submitted to us and with the exception of one, every other card says that they will be booking for next years festival to be held at the Queens Hotel. I have no hesitation in recomending this hotel and I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we have in the past two weeks John Romero"

• Travel date: 3rd March 2009

Don't complain - you will get thrown out

Reviewed 13th February 2013

"Just been to the Queens - the food was the worst ever experienced in a hotel. Roast pork should be served with roast potatoes not soggy, lukewarm, greasy chips! We sent them back and got thrown out of the hotel - really! 8 pm at night, two women (not young - one 50+, one 60+). We were accused of being 'abusive' for sending the chips back. Never again."

• Travel date: 25th February 2009

Great Holiday

Reviewed 3rd February 2013

"After reading the derogatory remarks about this hotel online I was dreading the holiday I had already booked However I had a very pleasant surprise The welcome from Sian and her staff was warm and sincere. The staff at reception were pleasant and efficient The decor, cuisine and cleanliness were excellent. The staff ensured that all guest had a good holiday Everyone felt as if they were a guest at a family run hotel and not at an chain hotel. At the end of our stay we were all loathed to leave. I highly reccommend this hotel This is a truthful and unsolicited reccommendation ."

• Travel date: 15th November 2008

The Place is Worn

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"The Queen's is in need of further refurbishment, a number of rooms have had some kind of upgrade. Our first room didn't look like it was one of those. The room had two cracked windows, broken sash cord, scale stains on the carpet around where the radiator had previously leaked. The furniture in the bedroom was battered/chipped, the drawers and doors did open though! dust on every place possible. There was a clock radio attached above one of the beds the controls were missing so it wasn't much use. The bathroom was in need of a revamp, the wash hand basin was cracked around the waste although not leaking. The shower curtain was two colours although it wasn't suppose to be. The shower head sprayed everywhere it shouldn't. Once I'd cleaned the grime off it at least the water was hitting the bath. Luckily only one light switch was loose. I tightened it up and didn't charge :-) We asked about another room and were told there was only one other available. This was a lot smaller and also very dark! We had a word with our tour organiser and miracously another room was available! This room although smaller was cleaner and had had a newer bathroom. No problem then until the covers were pulled back to the one bed. The laundry cleaning isn't that good. It was the faded stains of either a weak bladder or some kind of enjoyment on the sheet. This was about 11.30pm so we went down to reception to pick up another sheet and redo the bed.Opening the towels just in case (we were getting wise!) and yes one had faded blood stain marks. There were other towels so we just didn't use it. The food and restaurant service was fine during breakfast and in the evening if a bit canteen like. At least there wasn't any need for queuing."

• Travel date: 9th October 2008

Hotels near Queens Hotel

Top traveller tips for Queens Hotel

• by jennifer spooner

"could not find any fault at all"

Queens Hotel is also called