Hotel Exterior

Good
Good

Wedding anniversary meal

Reviewed 29th August 2018

"We have stayed at this wonderful hotel previously and were very impressed. We therefore decided to choose the hotel for our 50th wedding anniversary meal with 17 of our friends and family. The whole experience could not have been better from choice of menu, pre dinner drinks, the seating arrangement, to the excellent food and very attentive service."

• Travel date: 1st August 2018

Reviewed 24th April 2018

"Just returned from a few days at this amazing hotel overlooking the sea. The service, room, food and staff were all delightful. From thebreakfast room at the front of the hotel I was lucky to watch local swimmers, walkers and runners enjoying themselves. Thankyou to you all and I look forward to returning in the future x. Linda "

• Travel date: 12th March 2017

Beware the rooms at the back!

Reviewed 7th March 2013

"I have stayed at The Langham quite a few times, but always because I have booked it via a website like Late Rooms and have got a good deal; I would never pay the full price at The Langham. If you are given a room at the front, with a sea view, you probably won't have too much to complain about. However, if you are given a room at the back, the view will be absolutely dire: bins, derelict buildings and dingy roofs. Parking is also a nightmare throughout the year. On the plus side, however, the breakfast is good! Personally, I would stay there again (I know what I would be getting) but I would be very wary about recommending it to my friends."

• Travel date: 16th August 2009

Elegant hotel, good food, excellent value

Reviewed 4th March 2013

"I was delighted with the location of the hotel, overlooking the sea and the pier. It was a busy weekend and there was a Ladies' Masonics party staying on the Saturday night, so instead of a room on the first floor which I had booked, I was also given the option of a room higher up just in case the party was noisy. The room was clean, bright and had a sea view, so I had no complaints. There was a good choice of food for breakfast, and it arrived hot - which is one thing I look for in a hotel. The staff were polite and helpful, so no complaints. I gather that the rooms are currently being updated. and once this is completed it will be a fantastic hotel."

• Travel date: 3rd August 2009

Not up to standard

Reviewed 6th March 2013

"very disappointed this time. Gruby little room overlooking the back. My parents had asked for a seaview in plenty of time but did not get one- also my dad is in a wheelchair and was given a tiny room with no room to manoever. Food not so good pretty average and was asked many times if we had ordered. Also the toast came to early and was cold. Will not be going back to this hotel."

• Travel date: 19th July 2009

ONE LOOK AT THE ROOM AND WE LEFT- VERY DISAPPOINTING!

Reviewed 8th March 2013

"We booked a short weekend break at this hotel, lovely website good look from outside then the ROOM! We paid £70 for the night but we decided to go elsewhere after been given the smallest room with views over the bin area at the back, the double bed looked more like a 4ft one to me and no room to swing a cat. The bed was old, sheets looked dirty every thing past the reception was dark dingy old and dated. (I now know why they have no room photos on the website)We asked for another room and was told they were full errmmm yeah right so we refused to stay and the refused to refund us, we will be charging back, As far as i am concerned DONT STAY HERE try an honest one out of the hundreds of other hotels in EASTBOURNE"

• Travel date: 16th July 2009

10/10 for Trying and Price, Great location, exceptionally clean but dated.

Reviewed 26th February 2013

"Hi Just returned from a lovely weekend in Eastbourne. We weren't expecting much considering we paid £50 for the room a night (what do you expect for £50 a room with breakfast for a sea facing room!?!?!?!). Have to say, we were quite impressed. OK, the room looked like it hadn't been decorated since the 90's and the curtains were as thin as paper. But the room was exceptionally clean (bathroom spotless) and it was sea-facing. The hotel should be commended for the overall cleanliness of this hotel and should keep up the good work as i think this is the most important thing. Who wants a nice looking but dirty hotel?!? Breakfast was in the restaurant and, although looked very nice and was hot, was absolutely tasteless. But, it filled a gap I suppose. Breakfast staff very friendly and helpful. Staff are super friendly (especially the night porter - come bar man - come general everything) and the receptionist. Its got a nice family feel about this hotel and we will definitly be returning when we visit friends in Eastbourne. BUT we wouldn't book "just for a weekend away"."

• Travel date: 22nd June 2009

Not what your led to believe....

Reviewed 25th February 2013

"Just returned from Eastbourne where we booked the Langham for our stay....Looks very nice as you enter the Hotel, we were a little early and where offered complimentry coffee and home mase biscuits during our wait...very nice.....But then we received the keys to our room....what a shambles, other reviews mention the 70's decor , well to me it was more 60's and the view from the bedroom window was not quiet the sea view you are led to believe you would get... Returned to reception where the manager was very polite in asking if he could help, and i just asked if this was the same hotel as on the web site , and he asked what did i think...2 minutes later I was refunded my payment and left..."

• Travel date: 26th May 2009

Langham - not quite the glossy website throughout

Reviewed 22nd February 2013

"Last minute booking, £50 double room. We had been to a show in London, checked with the hotel, as we would not be arriving until 1am.. We were told the night porter would see to us on arrival. I understand that I only booked a standard room, but the first room we were sent to had no even been serviced. We were then offered the only other room available, the dreaded room 101. Back to the 70's, the bathroom stank, but the bed looked clean and so were the towels. If you are offered this room, walk away. Having finally got into bed at 2am, I was horrified to hear the vaccuum cleaner in the reception at 6.30am. I think the cleaning items are keep in a cupboard directly next to this room aswell. Argggh, then there is a door to other rooms, right outside Room 101's door. Breakfast was good, service too. Just the room. Glad to get home for some sleep!"

• Travel date: 11th May 2009

Bedrooms still need a lot of work !!

Reviewed 22nd February 2013

"Echo what others have said. Some bedrooms are OK but the one we had was still stuck in the 70s. Lumpy old mattress, bathrooms tiles cracked and missing, plus a TV that had seen better days and belive it or not in 2009 could only receive 4 analog channels. The hotel website makes big of the free internet wireless connection but the signal is so weak there is no way it works in the bedrooms and you have to come down and sit next to the reception to get a connection. Hot plates at dinner time but avoid the asparagus starter - this consisted of two 1 inch long cold pieces of asparagus and a few limp lettuce leaves. Staff were apologetic about the poor bedroom but could only say they were getting around to it slowly."

• Travel date: 20th April 2009

Excellent location but ....

Reviewed 19th February 2013

"Stayed here on with lastminute.com and when I got there they had no single rooms with sea view available which is what I had booked, so was put in a room at the back of the hotel which I think they must keep as reserves as they were old looking and the nice thick pile carpet was not down that end of the building. The bathroom light did not work, so I phoned reception and they said someone would be up to sort it and they never did! The front of the hotel, location, bar and restaurant area were very nice and for £30 b&b it wasn't bad. I would recommend this hotel if you don't mind the rooms a tad small and out dated."

• Travel date: 2nd March 2009

Disapointing

Reviewed 7th February 2013

"Third visit to Langham in 18th months, what a disapointment. Seems to have been a major staff change, because the meal service was abonimable. Being asked several times by different people at breakfast "have you ordered", On several occasions the toast arrived long before cereal On one occasion however on person ordered poached egg on toast and looked at the poachede egg for some time before the toast arrived. The restaurant manager , for want of a better term, appeared to have learnt his skills at te Basil Fawlty school of management, The one day he didn't appear things were a little better. Though one ordered ones evening meal at breakfast, on a numbered table form, nevertheless, serving staff were going round every table in the evening asking if you had ordered this or that, so some people had finished the main course before others had received theirs. Sheer chaos Entertainment tired. We will n ot be returning to the Langham although we will visit Eatbourne again Pat and Brian Harvey."

• Travel date: 19th December 2008

Hotels near Langham Hotel

Top traveller tips for Langham Hotel

• by Lindahd

"Book direct and speak to the very helpful staff."

Langham Hotel is also called