Good

Excellent!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"A fantastic stay - lovely, clean room and a very friendly service. Very good breakfast and the accommodation is in a superb location overlooking the sea and close proximity to all the attractions in Eastbourne."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of July 2009

Friendly, welcoming and discreet

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"This B & B is excellent value. The recent renovations have been carried out with great thought. Many period features in what is essentially an old house have been retained and fit comfortably with the modern and airy nature of the decor. The room was comfortable and included a two seater settle so you were not forced to use the bed as an impromptu sofa. The bed itself was a delight. Breakfast was plentiful and freshly cooked and not just heated up in a microwave. The toast actually arrived midway through the meal so that it was still warm and fresh when you wanted it. Very rare this, in my experience. The owners obviously cared about their guests and you felt that if you had arrived wet cold and bedraggled they would have soon made you comfortable. We only stayed a night but wished it could have been longer"

• Travel date: Thu 9th of July 2009

Happy Guest Housing

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"By nature, I prefer big 5-star hotels, with rooms you can dance in, while waiting for room service. This was my first stay at a "guest house" --- a concession to the economy.

Because I am not a good budget traveller, I did a lot of research on Eastbourne budget lodging options. The excellent reviews on The Coast, won me over. Happily, they turned out to be true.

You will have a good experience "guesting" here. Graham and Barbara are thoughtful, genteel hosts. Everything is spotlessly clean and designed with guest comfort in mind. You can walk the pretty promenade; dine in cafes and pubs; people watch; attend live performances, without stepping foot in your car.

If you are a large person, like myself, or someone who prefers baths to showers, like my husband, you might appreciate knowing that only the family-style basement room offers a tub. The stall showers, in the other "bathrooms" are small. I found ours a real challenge, as did our friend who stayed in a different room.

A few tips to help you decide if this charming guesthouse is for you . . .

• Free Wi-Fi
• Good English breakfast
• Comfortable bed
• Nice linens
• Bring your own soap, shampoo and toiletries.
• Enjoy cozy size rooms.
• Comfortable taking the stairs
• Bring your own phone and radio/CD player

Happy guest housing!"

• Travel date: Fri 26th of June 2009

Wonderful.

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"We stayed for two nights at Coast and had a really lovely stay. We stayed in the room called Yacht which had views over the sea. The room is absoloutely gorgeous, decorated in creams with beautiful furniture and a bed to die for. The bed linen is beautiful, spotless and clean. There is also a comfortable cream sofa to sit on as well. Tea and coffee facilities are to hand. The onsuite bathroom with shower was also spotless. The choice of cooked breakfast with cereal if you also wanted it, was lovely and fresh orange juice, tea or coffee plus toast. Graeme and Barbara were so nice and went out of their way to help you. They made our stay feel very welcome. We will definately be coming back. Thanks for a wondeful stay. Angie and Jim."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of May 2009

Fantastic stay

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"I stayed just one night in the single room. The room was lovely, it is one of the nicest, probably the, nicest B+B I've stayed in. It has a very high standard of decoration, furnishings etc. This room had a separate bathroom just for this rooms use. Friendly hosts and an ample quality breakfast.

What a shame I wasn't staying longer!"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of May 2009

Everything we could wish for

Reviewed Tue 12th of February 2013

"This is the second time we have stayed at Coast and certainly won't be the last. On both occasions we have been made to feel very welcome. The rooms are lovely,spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated. The breakfast matches the high quality provided in all other aspects of Coast. This time our children and their partners stayed too and they were equally impressed."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of March 2009

Everything we were looking for.

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"Saw Coast on Tripadvisor after failing to find what we considered ideal for a short break at other Easbourne Hotels.Comfortable room and a good breakfast with a friendly atmosphere, close to the sea front and towards the quieter end of town."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of March 2009

Absolutely Superb

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Coast was recommended to me by a colleague who stayed there in August. As a friend of mine was getting married and having his wedding receprtion in a Hotel in Eastbourne, I decided to give Coast a try and booked in for the weekend of the wedding. I was not disappointed, it was great and the service was just fantastic. Graeme, the owner, even kindly drove us to the reception. The room had a wonderful seaview and the breakfast was super. Well done!"

• Travel date: Fri 17th of October 2008

Fabulous place to stay

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"What a fabulous place to stay. We came down to a party in Eastbourne and decided to stay the weekend. We had a wonderful room called Yacht that had a spectacular view over to the sea. Our room was especially very clean and comfortable with lovely wooden and leather furniture- comfortable bed and crisp white bed linen. The rest of the Guest House had been recently renovated and in lovely taste. Our hosts Barbara and Graeme were very friendly even giving us a lift to our party on Saturday night. We are both vegetarians and Barbara went out of her way to prepare a very special breakfast with fresh fruit, poached eggs on toast and plenty of tea and coffee. We can thoroughly recommend Coast as a place to stay and relax. Plenty to do in Eastbourne."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of October 2008

What a Find!!!!

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"I found this guest house purely by chance after searching the internet for a B&B in Eastbourne which was not only reasonably priced but, more to the point, didn't get lousy reviews on Trip Advisor! I took a chance on this one because there were no reviews on it yet. However, what a wonderful find it turned out to be!! I went there with my elderly father and both of us were absolutely thrilled to bits with our rooms. The entire guest house has been refurbished in 2008 and only opened under its new owners Graeme and Barbara in the Spring. The place is spotlessly clean and bright. There is plenty of hot water, the showers are good and the breakfasts excellent using proper herby sausages and thick cut bacon with fresh tomato and mushrooms. Graeme and Barbara were warm and welcoming and couldn't do enough to help, even down to restaurant recommendations. The house isn't at the "posh" end of the promenade, but it is pleasantly situated opposite the bowling green with views over to the sea. Try it, you won't be disappointed!"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of October 2008