Camber Sands Don't buy a caravan here

Reviewed Wed 7th of September 2016

"Bought an expensive caravan here ( excess of 50k) had the gas canisters pinched every week and park resorts tried to charge us for them. Turned up late one Friday in the winter someone had pinched the gas control valve which was quite dangerous then found out it was a maintenance guy from park resorts who needed one for a newly sold van at short notice and thought he would take ours rather than wait for one. Site fees are to excessive for what you get which is nothing staff are rude and obnoxious and entertainment is far from entertaining
They need to base their site fees on if you want to use the entertainment on not allowing people considerable lower site fees if they don't use the very poor facilities
Camber Sands is a lovely area but the Park Resorts park is a dated park well past its sell by date. In excess of 4K a year to keep a caravan here is a total rip off."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of September 2016

If you want a holiday don't go here !!

Reviewed Mon 27th of June 2016

"The place was awful the smell was so bad in the bungalow that we straight to reception and asked if we could upgrade, the manager was like we're fully booked chewing his gum, didn't even ask why nothing I stated that online it's showing you have a caravan I even went so far as to pay for it online, he said no caravan available it must be a technical error ! It got worst the place was filthy so dirty damp food down the sofas. Needless to say we left after one night, when we handed in the keys, the lady said going so soon !!! Wasn't soon enough !!

• Travel date: Sun 26th of June 2016

Do yourself a favour and go somewhere else!!

Reviewed Thu 26th of May 2016

"I am at the site now and there is nothing good about it at all! Grotty caravan, right by the road and entertainment supposed to be a Gold caravan. Ants running around the floor and all the mattresses are not fit for humans. Our double bed is actually 2 battered single beds!Tired dirty noisy site. Not enough parking. Takeaway chips shop food was horrible. I have heard more swear words in the past 6 hours than I have the past year and I'm no angel!
Never coming back. Going home in roughly 9.5 hours time. Got here at 5pm I'm still awake hungry itchy... probably the ants in the bed and can't wait to get my 2 year old home (To stop her repeating the swear words and broken sleep from all the noise/screaming etc)
Nightmare!

• Travel date: Fri 13th of May 2016

Biggest legal con Ever Please read!!!!!!

Reviewed Thu 28th of January 2016

"I am a chalet owner and paid outright for my chalet. I was told it would be a great investment if I let as a holiday home and this would cover all fees. Alarm bells should have rang when my solicitor said they had sold to two parties myself and another potential buyer. This eventually was rectified (parks error). Customer service was good until I signed the dotted line. A constant list of problems.....every year when going to open up chalet for rental something missing. Heater extension plug hoover iron board TV picture on wall iron bin mattress table and chairs...list goes on! The park took out MY table and chairs and replaced with smaller when I questioned this and was told was an upgrade to make extra space. This year told to replace with bigger table when they took mine out in first place! The list of wrong doing is endless. I paid for water to be turned off and back on which they failed to do! As for renting they do at the lowest amount poss my statement has shown as low as £27 for 3 nights! At the end of the year you receive nothing back as they make sure you make just enough to cover fees and this is without you having to cover electric bills insurance etc; They say they do an inventory for holiday makers but if anything damaged or missing they make you liable for IT ALL! Customer service after care is appealing and when reporting or needing to complain they are rude and unavailable! My family never take a holiday at my chalet for fear of taking up rental possibility and not being able to pay fees! I have shed so many tears and had a very unpleasant experience. I have never been informed when they take my stuff out and replace with shabby items and never get full explanation. please don't buy its a disgraceful scam"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of January 2016

Park resort owner

Reviewed Mon 2nd of November 2015

"Do not buy a caravan at park resorts camber sands,do not listen to the lies the salesman tel you.,it is a rip off, gas bills coming at at over £1500 average, ground rent going up £200 per year,£600 per year for water and maintenance rates ,electric bills every 4 months, caravan insurance £300' you need 7grand a year to keep a van on this site, fights in the club house on a weekly basis and the security can't handle it,having to Que up for a beer like school kids,crap entertainment ,toilets with no locks and backing up flooding the floor,"

• Travel date: Thu 29th of October 2015

day visit prior to booking a short break with view to buying next year

Reviewed Tue 17th of June 2014

"Easy parking; welcoming staff; nice sausage sandwich and coffee in bar area; the site, pools and facilities looked clean and tidy; well stocked shop; lovely beach just across the road; plenty on offer for young children and adults; have booked a long weekend in a gold caravan for May bank holiday 2015; will do a day visit in high season too; the resort had a good feel about it; so far so good; keeping an open mind having read so many bad reviews; will report back again next year;"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of June 2014

Tired complex, terrible entertainment for children

Reviewed Tue 10th of June 2014

"Complex and our caravan were very tired even after wed paid for an upgrade. Terrible nights sleep in the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept in. Children's entertainment was shocking children made to sit on the floor for 30 minutes and stand up when the music stopped they had no understanding of how to capture the interest of children and most were bored after 5 minutes. Whilst thus was going on we were forced to listen to the compare ramble on about their opinion on any subject that had nothing to do with the holiday or supposed entertainment and the staff completely ignored the children. Focus was on flogging bingo tickets and the boredom continued further when the bingo started and children were stuck in front of a TV in a separate room to keep them amused. Also ordered dinner from the traditional fish and chips on site which were inedible, dry cold chips that had sat there for ages and a child's sized piece of fish that was over cooked. A beautiful area spoiled by the outdated park and staff that aren't interested in working with children."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of June 2014

we love it

Reviewed Tue 6th of August 2013

"on trawling the internet I came across a bad review, but I thought id go and look for my self as I had a appointment to see a sales person about buying a caravan any way.
I saw a young lad called Byron gave me all the information and put all my worries at ease. we decided to go a head and purchase and so far all Byron's promises have been delivered.
we love camber and the facilities, all I can say if you want some one who is genuine and honest when buying speak to Byron.
all the team in the back office are friendly and all outgoing people. my experience's at camber is quite the opposite. "

• Travel date: Tue 6th of August 2013

Expect nothing from park resorts, but also expect to pay through the roof

Reviewed Fri 2nd of August 2013

"I was a holiday maker at the resort, and was drawn in to buying a caravan.
Every thing seemed fine, the staff were great, until the following.
We done the final caravan inspection, and all the jobs which were expected to be done, were never done.
The park will always tell u that its going to be done every time u will ask, and this is the same for every one.
I got done over on the contract with black horse through them, and only realized a year later, I signed the first contract at 6.5% and then they told me they lost there copy, so I was happy to sign again, did not look closely at it and found out a year later I'm paying 16%. I'm the fool.
Water rates for the caravan £580 + 4300 rates + gas, electricity, and other bits.
They prob have 60% of people leave each year
So holiday makers be aware of their promotions as they will get there money some way out of you.
On the plus side, sweet beach and that's (free)."

• Travel date: Wed 31st of July 2013

Dont go to park resorts camber sands

Reviewed Thu 27th of June 2013

"i booked a week here as the year before booked a bronze at romney sands and was a very clean van etc anyway this year booked a platinum well it was discusting opened the door to the caravan there was 6 chairs round the smallest of tables 1 chair was wooden and the other all ripped big splash mark of something down the wall and knife and folk tray on the side as there was no space in draws for it :/ make our way to the living room the carpet was all stained marks on the sofas and if it wasnt for my 3 yer old dropping his toy down the side of the sofa i would never of pulled the cushions up what we found under there was nasty there was biscuit crumbs wrappers and hair made our way to 1 of the bedrooms curtain was hanging off and sweet wrappers under 1 of the beds nxt trip main bedroom well lol 1 small tiny waldrobe enough for 1 person you couldnt swing a cat in there my husband ended up living out of his suitcase for the week went into the shower room there was a dirty mould looking shower the shower door was broken and the toilet roll holder was in the cupboard the other 3 bedroom was fine wet to put some stuff in the fridge and the top shelve was broken the vanetain blinds in the caravan were broken and bent and the kitchen window didnt shut as it had no spacers between to pull close this is the worse holiday i have ever had will not book with park resorts again this holiday cost a lot of money there was no way this was a platinum caravan no way added a few photos "

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of June 2013

You get what you pay for

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"If you want 5* accommodation then don't go to a caravan park, I booked a bronze accessible caravan for a weekend, the caravan is an older unit atlas sapphire super, it is not perfect but clean well equipped and adequate for a weekend away, as a disabled person, I find I need to adapter the unit and as I was able to get details of unit before arriving I brought what I needed.

The bedding was clean and even though I hadn't booked bedding the beds were made up, I had no problems collecting keys from security. It would have been good if the small shop was open later than 1830 on arrival days.

The fish and chip shop isn't the best looking but the food is cooked to order and of average price - when you look at chip price £2.00 this was enough for 2 adults or you could buy a chip cone for £1.00 , fish £3.65 pies £2.50 jumbo sausage 1.90 these are cheaper then haven .

Entertainer was ok nothing special but this changes every act - some are going to be better than others.

Over the last 3 years I have been to

18 Haven Sites
21 Park Resorts sites
17 Park Holidays Sites
3 Park Dean
2 BUTLINS
18 Independent Sites

I can honestly say although it could do with money being spent on it, Camber's disabled caravans are well located and facilities are adequate.

Service no problems - this isn't a big park so facilities aren't going to be as good or as many as if you went to Haven at Combe Haven.

Some of the comments on here are actually Camber Pontin's which are due to be upgraded by new owners Brittania Hotels. I am going to do an independent inspection on behalf of a disability travel group and will put a report up.

Advise

Decide what you want from the holiday !
Are you using it as a base or staying on site all the time.
What age are the people going
What do you like doing
Food - as per any tourist site - food is going to be more expensive.
If going to Park Dean or Park Holidays then the prepaid meal packages are well worth it.
Remember the caravan can be years old - any to treat it as you would your own property.
The more you pay - normally the better the van
If you have problems - speak to management they will try and sort it out immediately.
Weather is unpredictable and can change your view of a holiday.

I have had problems with holidays with Haven and Park Resorts but I still come back - it's near the end of the season and things do wear out. That pillow may be flat it may have had 52 other people using it ie 2 bookings per week 6 months apr to oct so please speak to park - if you don't tell them of a problem they can't fix it.

Some of the users are on £9.50 newspaper holidays and may not treat the unit how you would.
When I was in my 20's back in late 90's I visited BUTLINS Bognor site whilst owned by Rank and saw the state some chalets were left by clients - in fact some were so bad that mattresses, bedding curtains etc had to be replaced, paper ripped, items stolen and the poor cleaner expected to correct in 1 hr.

This is why lots of camps ban all one sex] -------- parties - hen and stag problems avoided but this can cause problems for genuine single -------- [sex parties.

Please think hard before posting a bad posting - we all do things on the heat of the moment"

• Travel date: Fri 12th of October 2012

omg dont go there

Reviewed Wed 12th of September 2012

"we went on a family holiday to pontin well never again no way is that a family resort there were fights and police on the site every nite i had my 10 week old grandson and my 7 year old granson with us it was like being on a council place well britana wen you took over i think u done a verry poor job i would never go back there again by mrs t russell"

• Travel date: Wed 12th of September 2012

Hotels near Camber Sands Holiday Park

Top traveller tips for Camber Sands Holiday Park

• kazw66 by kazw66

"Kettle o'fish in Rye lovely fish and chips; Hastings, Rye and Battle are lovely "

• lisa by lisa

"stay somewhere else if you can "

• pickle 1 by pickle 1

"Get there early as you can use all the facilities even if your cant check in until later in the day. "

• Raverbex by Raverbex

"Don't eat in th restaurants and make sure you take your own cleaning stuff. "

• Silver by Silver

"Rye was excellent and excellent restuarants in the surrounding area "

• Robin D by Robin D

"bOOK A HOLIDAY, DO NOT BUY A CARAVAN. "

• topplumber by topplumber

"rip it down and re build it "

• Disabledcaravanuser by Disabledcaravanuser

"Use it as a base to visit looking attractions and towns. "

• Laura1985 by Laura1985

"Get out of the park and explore the beautiful surroundings "

• Elizabeth O by Elizabeth O

"Seriously update a decrepit site "

Camber Sands Holiday Park is also called