Perfect

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"Stayed in this hotel for a weekend back in January. I cannot fault it in any way. The hotel style & decor is fab, the rooms were spotless, spacious and comfortable, the staff were friendly, chatty, helpful & approachable, and the location is superb....great views, and in the vicinity of great restaurants, bars & nightclubs !!! Very reasonable hotel !!

(Our room was situated overlooking the Beatles Museum, and so every morn we could heard the tune of 'Penny Lane' coming from the museum entrance when it opened for business....we found very amusing and infact it added to our stay as it ensured we got into the whole LIVERPOOL VIBE....what a way to start one's day, it was just great !!)

I HAVE NO PROBLEM RECOMMENDING THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE !"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of November 2005

Good bet - closer than you think to the centre

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"If you want somewhere close to the city centre, but quiet and with excellent views then this is the place. Many original features from the warehouse this originally was have been retained (e.g. metal beams in some rooms), and this makes the hotel even better.

When the taxi dropped us of from the airport, we got the feeling that the centre was ages away. A short walk up past James Street tube station got rid of these feelings - all the shops and resteraunts are 10 mins, if that walk away. We didnt try any of the food on offer in the hotel, instead we ate out in the town centre and at a local pub. Speaking of which, we arrived 3 hours early for check-in, but the hotel receptionist (Colleen i think her name was) had no problem storing our bags. We also found the "Pumphouse" which was around the corner and served some tasty food (the lasagne comes personally recommended) and drinks to kill the 3 hours.

We also found an excellent resteraunt near the mega tv screen in the centre called the May Sun (which is an eat as much as you want chinese bugget) which basically meant we did not need to eat at the hotel and so saved us time (and money).

If you stay here and have time to kill, take a walk around the albert dock complex itself. For example, the Maritime Museum is free and is a brilliant way to spend an hour or so (its better than most museums that i have been in and had to pay!!!!). Also, the river mersey in the morning is a must see.

We did have some minor problems with a room type mix up but this was sorted out easily and could be attributed to the merger and rebranding of the chain which had just happened recently.

All in all a great place to stay, and i know that i will be going back there. In fact my experience here has led me to book another premier travel inn (county hall) for a trip to London in a couple of weeks."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of November 2005

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"I booked on the basis of all the rave reviews below. Now I can add mine. Whoever thought of converting part of a 150-year-old derelict warehouse into a hotel was a genius. It is part of a no-frills chain, but for £52 a night, it's a bargain. What an interesting hotel -- full of character!

I arrived an hour too early for check-in, but I was told I could go to the bar and wait, if I wished. I wanted to eat, but somehow the young man on Reception had forgotten (?) that their own restaurant was open for lunch. However, he did suggest where I could eat, so no real criticism here.

Accessibility to/from city centre: 15 minute walk. At night, taxi (£3) or bus (every 30 min.) essential, as the route is very dark and deserted."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of October 2005

I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Premier Travel Inn Albert Dock. The hotel is about 10 mins walk from the city centre, a taxi from the airport costs £10 - £12 sterling and from the city centre less than £3. The rooms and bathroom are spotlessly clean. No shortage of extra bedding/pillows/towels with a daily maid service. The food is absolutely delicious, we ate in the bar during our stay which is adjacent to the restaurant and serves the same food for a little less money. The choice for the buffet breakfast was fantastic. All of the staff were extremely helpful and accomodating no matter what time of day or night they were approached. We stayed at the hotel for a Liverpool match and even though the hotel was fully booked there was no noise/trouble or anything like that in either the hotel or bar. Taxi to Anfield costs roughly £7.00. Overall this has to be one of the best hotels I've stayed in in Ireland and U.K. and it's definitely worth a return visit if only to use as an excuse for shopping!"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of October 2005

Excellent, all bar the lift

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"We were in Liverpool for a wedding in August and wanted to make a weekend of the event. The hotel is, of course, in an excellent location and very inexpensive at £55 per night for a double room. The room itself was top floor, comfortably large and very stylish, for a budget hotel, in the style of a Manhattan loft with exposed brick, smart wood finish and a large, well appointed bathroom.

The staff were helpful enough, but nothing exceptional. The only complaint would be one of the lifts was broken and as such, the hotel staff were afraid to let anyone use the only working lift in case it too broke down. Not very helpful when you have a lot of luggage, etc, and your room is four flights up.

Overall, we would stay at the hotel again due to its excellent location and superb value."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of October 2005

Excellent hotel - though a little noisy at the moment

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"Although I was travelling on an expense account and could in theory have splashed out loads on a hotel in Liverpool, after reading the positive reviews of this hotel I thought I should book here, and I certainly wasn't disappointed. The rooms are spacious, attractive and comfortable. The location on Albert Dock is fantastic, even if I was a bit disappointed that Fred's weather map is no longer there. Breakfast (which is extra) is large and very satisfying, with a great view over the dock. My only gripe would be that there is no air conditioning, meaning that you have to keep the window open on a warm night. This wouldn't usually be a problem, but at the moment there is a lot of building work going on on the car park side of the building, so you might be woken up early. Other than that, it's a great hotel - don't get put off by the fact it's part of a budget hotel chain, and even better than that, extremely cheap!"

• Travel date: Fri 19th of August 2005

What a great place to stay

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"The rooms in this hotel are amazing. We had a massive double room with a fantastic view of the dock. The staff were really friendly and helpful, evrywhere was realy clean and comfortable, the bar was great, and there was a good atmosphere. Breakfast was also excellent, and in plentiful supply.

In addition, the location of the hotel is excellent, being very close to numerous bars and eateries nearby, and within walking distance of the city centre."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of August 2005

Great Value, Comfortable Rooms and high quality for the price!

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"Have just returned from a 4 day stay at this location. The hotel is very well located in the Albert Docks, about a 10 minute walk from the city centre. (About 12 pound sterling trip from the airport). The room we stayed in was very clean and very comfortable. The bed was one of the better ones we have slept on in the 9 years of hotel stays! Plenty of bedding, pillows and towels were available. All staff were very friendly and accommodating. The bar is small and can be rowdy at weekends with stag and hen nights but they usually just have one or two drinks and head on elsewhere. The food was well priced and tasty and the breakfast was also of similar quality. There were families, business people, couples and groups staying in the hotel. There is a free phone service to book taxi cabs, paid parking nearby and all the city bus tour services had bus stops opposite the hotel. There are also several bars and cafés in the vicinity, some museums and shops."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of August 2005

Fantastic value, clean and with character

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"This hotel hits all the right buttons. Location is fantastic, especially for Beatles fans, on the Albert Dock (cafés, Tate Liverpool, shops, Beatles Story) and the city centre only a delightful stroll away. The rooms are clean and modern but the exposed brick ceilings and unusual bay windows give it real character. Breakfast was an abundant buffet and the dining room gives great views over the Dock and Liver building. Public transport from the airport is so good and the town so close you do not need a car. Highly recommended. Our only gripe is the reception area is a little underlit and could do with a little brightening."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of July 2005

A pleasure

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"This has to be the best hotel as a package I have ever stayed in! The staff were so friendly and accommodating it was unreal. The rooms were large and very clean, the only downside was the pillows were too soft (How picky is that) For £50 a night you just cant go wrong (Stayed in a £300 a night in New York and it was not as good) The location was perfect for our group as well"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of June 2005