External

EXCELLENT HOTEL

Reviewed 18th November 2016

"We stayed at The Hotel Rex over the August Bank holiday the room we had was excellent The Bridal suite room 4 sparkling wine on the table and bottled water greeted us and the view over the beautiful beach. The only draw back is the parking you can obtain a parking permit for zone F, but finding a spot to find is very hard especially over this weekend for the parking area is for pay to park at the ticket machine. However we had a wonderful stay the food in the restaurant was excellent and all staff made us feel very welcome well to all."

• Travel date: 27th August 2013

EXCELLENT HOTEL

Reviewed 27th August 2013

"We stayed at the The Hotel Rex over the August Bank holiday the room we had was excellent The Bridal suite room 4 sparkling wine on the table and bottled water greeted us and the view over the beautiful beach. The only draw back is the parking you can obtain aparking permit for zone F, but finding a spot to find is very hard especially over this weekend for the parking area is for pay to park at the ticket machine.However we had a wonderful stay the food in the resturant was excellent and all staff made us feel very welcome well to all."

• Travel date: 27th August 2013

Noisy room!

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"The staff were very helpful and pleasant, and allowed me to leave my luggage there when I had to go out for the day. Breakfast was fine although a little boring (I had booked a vegetarian option several days before but only got the standard breakfast without the meat). However the room (room 8 on the 1st floor) was small. Worse than that the wall opposite my window had some sort of air conditioning unit that made a horrible noise all night long. The floor in the ensuite creaked every time you went in there, making you worried that you might disturb people in adjacent rooms"

• Travel date: 11th July 2007

Fair Hotel, excellent staff

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"We stayed at the Rex for one night having taken my parents there to stay for a week. The rooms are quite small - they had a balcony front room and that wasn't huge but our room at the back on the 2nd floor was very small - fine for one night but if I had been staying longer I wouldn't have wanted to remain in that room. The rooms and the building were very clean and comfortable. My parents room had nice touches with dressing gowns, complimentary bottled water and daily papers. The location of the hotel is very good - can be a bit noisy on Friday and Saturday nights but for older people who can't walk too far it is ideal - right by the beach front, around the corner from the harbour and the shops are behind. By far the best thing about this hotel is the staff. They are so friendly and helpful. My parents aren't well and need some assistance and nothing was too much trouble for them and they were also very paitient with them. To be honest this was the most important factor for us. We have stayed at the Prince Regent before and although the rooms were a lot larger and seemed more "plush" the staff weren't a patch on those at the Rex. I wouldn't hesitate to take my parents to the Rex again."

• Travel date: 27th September 2006

Very Disappointed

Reviewed 21st October 2012

"We have just returned from a pleasant weekend in Weymouth, where we stayed 2 nights at The Hotel Rex. The Hotel looks very impressive on the Hotel Rex website, however reality is very different. As this was a late booking we had different rooms for each night. The first night we stayed in a twin with sea view and the second night we were in a double overlooking the town centre. Both rooms were on the third floor and for the price these have to be the worst rooms I have stayed in at this rate. The noise from outside is horrendous in the day from the front (sea view) and horrendous during the night from the rear as you hear all the clubbers returning through the streets. Having said that the hotel staff are very friendly and to be fair looking at Weymouth, I am not sure you would find much better. The harbour area is very pleasant and we had an excellent meal at Perrys. You need to book at least a week in advance to get in there. The town centre is a bit rough as is the sea front. We made the most of it and had an enjoyable stay, however Weymouth is in desperate need of the injection of cash the Olympics should bring when they develop the area between the town and Portland."

• Travel date: 23rd July 2006

Not entirely sure

Reviewed 16th October 2012

"In a rush to find somewhere to stay for a night and the Hotel Rex caught my eye. Very grand and impressive on the outside. Refurbishment happenning inside at a rather peculiar time of year. Front desk staff ok although seemingly stressed. Dinner was satisfactory, waiting staff very pleasant and the barman quite condescending. The room was manageable, comfortable and cosy(small). Overall good points and bad, but I doubt I will return. Weymouth really needs a luxury 5*!"

• Travel date: 17th April 2006

Front Desk Staff

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"Whilst I haven't stayed at the property I have just spoken to one of their desk staff by telephone. I can honestly say that I have never been attended to by such a disinterested person. It was as if enquiring about parking and room rates was an unreasonable thing to do!"

• Travel date: 30th March 2006

Good Choice

Reviewed 9th October 2012

"We would recommend this hotel with only a one minor reservation, We booked thro laterooms and were allocated a small room 3rd floof on the back and it was small. We upgraded to sea view for extra £10 and well worth it, bigger room, good view. Hotel is a 3 star, not luxurious, but very comfortable. Staff are really friendly and good at their jobs, hotel is clean, food is ok, drinks reasonbly priced, position excellent We will use it again when in Weymouth"

• Travel date: 14th January 2006

ideal location

Reviewed 8th October 2012

"lovely hotel in a very good location,we only stayed for a couple of nights,lady on reception very friendly and helpfull.hotel just needs a little tlc"

• Travel date: 28th November 2005

Not worth the higher price

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"Going to Weymouth for the evening I booked a room via Late Rooms at the Hotel Rex. Looking at other hotels listed I decided that it must be better than the others as it was more expensive - I've learnt my lesson this is not the case. Although we got the room at a discounted rate I don't think they could have given us a smaller room. My partner and I could only pass the end of the bed one at a time and although it was meant to be a double room, the bed was not a standard double and was very small. Breakfast was OK but the staff seemed a little stressed which is not want you want to be greeted with first thing in the morning. Finally I had to smile as I checked out as the lady in front of me payed £2.00 for a parking permit to park outside the door and I had to pay £3.00 for the priveledge of parking a five minute walk away. I will be returning to Weymouth but not to the Hotel Rex."

• Travel date: 25th September 2005

Sheer bliss!

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"Absolutely superb! We walked out of a less-than-third-rate hotel a few miles away and took a chance on the Hotel Rex as a way of completing our stay in Dorset. What a fabulous place. We had a superb room with a sea view and balcony which was kept spotlessly clean during the eight days we were there. The staff were marvellous- friendly, caring and efficient - the food was excellent and the hotel had a lovely, timeless ambience. We wouldn't hesitate to return or to recommend this hotel to our best friends (or anyone else who will listen!)"

• Travel date: 1st September 2005

Hotel Rex

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"My partner and I have just come back from Weymouth after a week's stay in the Hotel Rex. The staff were so welcoming and friendly. The standard of cleanliness was excellent throughout the hotel. It is located about two minutes from the shops and the beautiful beach. We have already booked for next year and would recommend this hotel as an excellent base for touring Dorset."

• Travel date: 10th July 2005

Hotels near Hotel Rex

Top traveller tips for Hotel Rex

• by Heather V

"enjoy the veiws and food"

• by Heather V

"enjoy the veiws and food"

Hotel Rex is also called