About St. Leonards Hotel

• fax photocopying
  • telephone
  • pets allowed
  • newspaper
  • wake up service alarm clock
  • bridal suite
  • iron
  • coffee tea maker
  • atm on site

Avoid the weekends

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"Stayed here for a 2 night weekend break. Clean basic no frills room. Excellent breakfast menu with the widest choice I have ever seen. Good pub style evening meal. The only problem was that our room was above the function room and unfortunately very loud repetitive music started at 10pm on the Saturday night and continued until the early hours of the morning. Needless to say as we had planned a lovely relaxing weekend it was ruined. Thus we would not stay here again. No apology received from the hotel and our written complaint though acknowledged , has not resulted in any response to our concerns."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of April 2009

Ring up to book. It's cheaper than going online.

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"I stayed here with my wife for just one Monday night in April. The website quoted £80 for B&B. The hotel tariff in reception quotes £95. I rang up five days in advance to see if I could get a cheaper rate, and was quoted just £50 without even asking for one.
The room we had was one that faced the lawn at the rear of the hotel. I would imagine that those facing the front of the hotel could well suffer from road noise. The back was fine.
The room was very clean, as was the bathroom. With sheets and towels all bright white and plentiful.
Breakfast was more than adequate with a choice of cereals, fruit etc from the cold buffet, or Full English. This strangely was at no extra cost. Which can be something of a rareity these days."

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of April 2009

excellent hotel

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Stayed for two nights and had a lovely big room with view over field with cows. Brilliant breakfasts and good choice of evening meals at reasonable prices. Friendly helpful staff. Really enjoyed our stay."

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of April 2009

pleasant hotel for weekend break

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"Reception and restuarant /bar areas were clean , modern and the staff were helpful and polite.
our room had everything we needed to make our stay comfortable( including an iron and ironing board) and the bathroom was well equipped. The decor was a bit dated and a new coat of paint was overdue, but the room was clean, bed was comfortable.
Our room overlooked the large rear gardens so was unaffected by any road noise that rooms on the front might experience.
We booked bed and breakfast and this latter was very good with a wide selection of hot and cold foods, with good service. we also opted to have dinner on our first night and we really enjoyed the well presented and tasty food.
The position was good for access to the new forest and Hampshire and Dorset coast resorts."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of April 2009

Good function dinner

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"We booked a room and meal at this hotel club for a Christmas party for twenty for a car club. The room was nicely prepared, the service efficient and the food good and reasonably priced. They also provided a couple of individual meals (not on their Christmas menu) for special diets, at no extra cost. Our club members were very satisfied and had an enjoyable lunch."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of December 2008

Really good!

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"Stayed here for one night whilst on a flying visit to New Forest. With friends so we booked two family rooms. Chichester Suite sleeps family of four and was great, really spacious. Other room slept family of three and whilst a lot smaller was very nice. Both very clean. Beds very comfortable and bedding all seemed to be new. Although close to road, traffic noise not a problem. Contrary to other reviews, we had a carvery lunch and breakfast in the restaurant both of which were great. So much choice at breakfast. Staff friendly and helpful. Would recommend it."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of August 2008

Norkins loved it

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"We booked this hotel at the last minute .The hotel staff were very helpfull as they only had a 3 person room left and I have a family of 4. Upon arrival there was extensive free parking. The receptionist was very helpfull , checked in easily , room ready including extra bed, decor a little tired in areas but all together a VERY clean and pleasant hotel .
Breakfast was huge and plenty of options even for the fussiest of children.
Hotel staff very happy to give ideas for days out and nothing seemed to be a problem.
Would certainly recommend this hotel and if visiting area I would return here."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of August 2008

Good Value

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"We booked a nights stay at St Leonards whilst on our way down to Weymouth. My partner found a voucher for a one night for two adults only £25.00 and it was excellent value.
The room was very clean as was the hotel, its was nicely decorated and our room was a great size with a lovely comfy big bed! there was nothing to complain about. I thought the apples for guests to take at reception was a nice touch.
We didnt eat here though. The menu wasnt too bad but we were on a budget so went to a two for one just up the road and it was great!
I reccomend it!"

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of May 2007

Avoid at all costs

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"My husband and I stayed here, the service was dreadful, we left our luggage with the receptionist on arrival as our room was not ready. She said it would be kept safely as it had our video camera plus other valuables in it on our return 2 hours later is was still sitting in the same place at the un-manned reception area, even though there are signs to 'welcome' you saying to keep your valuable on you at all times! Room was a discrace, dirty dark, no ceiling light, out of date decor, squiky rusty bead springs and the hardest mattress. The bathroom was dirty and a shower curtain hid the mould around the taps and the surround of the bath had buckled. Supper service was rude and slow, side dish forgotten and the food was shocking, it was like going back 3 decades and was obviously of the lowest cheapest quality. The television in the room only had 4 out of 5 standard channels so entertainment from their TV's was also impossible. Breakfast, nobody there to welcome, or seat you and explain the process of what there was to order. We stood there guessing and seated ourselves after 5 minutes of waiting, the dining room was not even busy. We chose the Eggs benedict, thought you couldn't go wrong here but we were wrong, cold eggs with a layer of neon yellow powdered sauce on top, the coffee was even a help yourself powdered coffee that you get in hospital waiting rooms. Orange juice was obvioulsy long life. Come on ..... this is a great sized building in a great location it could be a wonderful hotel if the staff took some pride in their work and their place of work, also injecting some money back into the hotel rather than cutting at every corner. It makes me mad that we parted with any money in this place. Please... unless you like being treated like a dog avoid this place it will just make you angry.

BTW I've looked on another similar website and seen reviews for this hotel, I just can't believe these are genuine as they are all good, don't be fooled!"

• Travel date: Fri 16th of March 2007

Meal was terrible experience

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"We didnt stay at the hotel we just attempted to eat there for my sons 16th birthday. Seven of us.

Three of us ordered lasagne and the portions for adults were the size I would probably give a small child.

My husband ordered Steak and ale pie and he was presented with a dried up pie with a pale cream thin lid which looked as if the pie had been frozen and reheated. When he complained they offered him some gravy. He wasnt happy with that and asked for something else. Five minutes later the waiter came back and said chef would not cook anything else but could only offer more gravy on the original pie. My husband decided he would rather go without. We were offered no compensation or apology. Rather we were charged for his meal which was sent back. We didnt pay for it - deducted it from our payment at the till.

We left no tip and would not recommend this hotel for food."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of July 2006