This hotel is now closed.

Hotels near Luminiere Boutique B&B

Luminiere Boutique B&B

Good

Fantastic and absolutely beautiful !!!!

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"This is the best place I have ever stayed. It was peaceful, relaxing and had the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. I stayed in both the shabby chic and kings rooms and enjoyed both and as past reviewers have commented the curtain was not a problem and it blended in very well with the theme of the black room. It truly is amazing how beautiful the rooms were and how easy going and friendly the staff were to me considering my boyfriend was at work for most of the day and only came at night and pointed me in the right directions for a variety of things to do. The location is fantastic for access to the beach aswell as being handy for bournemouth and poole. Breakfast was a revelation the food was served to perfection. Thankyou Tracey and Steph for an amazing mini break and I wish you much luck in the future and I will hopefully see you next month ;0)"

• Travel date: 19th July 2009

5 Star - Not even close!

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel in June for one night to celebrate our anniversary. We expected big things after finding this hotel online and were suitably impressed with the pictures we saw, Tracey also increased my confidence further in the hotel and room choice (we had the art deco suite) after speaking on the phone -she told me that this “is the best room in Sandbanks” so I was excited about coming down for our romantic anniversary break. However there were several things that shattered the illusion somewhat and that left us feeling disappointed, frustrated and short changed. We booked the Art Deco Suite primarily for the wet room, after all the “Art Deco Suite, with fabulous bath and wet room area for the ultimate in luxury” sounded perfect, until we got there and found out it was broken - ‘found’ being the operative word as even though the staff knew it was broken before we arrived it was still left to us to discover. When we asked the girl in charge she apologized and suggested the bath had a shower head that could be used instead – not what I would call an alternative solution to a wet room. She also explained that a part they were waiting for to fix the shower hadn’t turned up when they expected – I got a different story from Tracey who claimed it had broken on the day we arrived, weird! We should have been informed of this as we would have picked a different hotel to stay in. We obviously didn’t come away to watch TV but I couldn’t help but notice how badly the one in the ‘suite’ was done – attached to the wall at an angle with loose wiring in the cupboard that is very noticeable when you are using the cupboard for clothes and storage. The aerial kept falling out of the TV too meaning the quality of picture fluctuated from grainy to no signal several times over. I share the sentiments of a previous review about the hotel being so small that you feel the need to whisper in your own room, or keep the windows closed as well as tip toeing around – I am suspicious of the origin of the last couple of reviews left on here praising this place! Additionally to this there was no door or even curtain on the bathroom (and nothing on the website to inform potential clients of this pitfall), something my boyfriend and I luckily could get over but spare a thought for a new couple who might be on their first trip away together and haven’t had a chance to appreciate each others personal boundaries! Overall I feel this hotel has a long way to go, the price charged for a night in whatever room you pick is highly inflated, it is too expensive for what you get. Hotels in the 5* bracket in my experience are usually everything and more than you expect and you wouldn’t hesitate to go back. This, as promising as it looks online, didn’t come close to offering the indulgence it advertises."

• Travel date: 7th July 2009

WOW

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"This is the third time i have staid at luminiere this year and it just keeps getting better and better. We have staid in the grand suite ( art deco room) which has to be the most suptuoius room i have seen in my life, we have staid in the shabby chic room, which is cool and classy and this weekend just gone we staid on the kings room, and this is room for your imagination to run wild in , it is a room of fantasies, it is wonderful. Since the last time we staid the breakfast room has been moved to the rear conservatory, which is beautiful and allows breakfast in the secluded garden in fine weather.The old breakfast room is now a private glass fronted lounge for the occupants of the kings room which over looks the front garden and adds just a special touch to the whole ambeonce, we sat here with champagne two nights running looking at the beauty of the area. This place is magnificent and i would recommend it to anyone, it deserves the 5stars it has in every way, the settings, the staff, the service... everything."

• Travel date: 2nd July 2009

Beautiful in every way and would highly recommend!!

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"I have just returned from a gorgeous stay at Luminiere and contrary to a previous review regarding the Kings Room, myself and my partner thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this room. We booked our stay after visting their website and thought this room looked very stylish and quite unique! We were not disapointed. On arrival, the staff were so welcoming and friendly, and we were very impressed with the style of the b&b, beautifully decorated and a real home from home. The Kings Room itself is a great size with lots of lovely design touches. When we stayed there, we had exclusive use of the gorgeous morning room before breakfast and in the evening (which I gather is where the breakfast room used to be). This was absolutely lovely as we woke up in the morning, opened both french doors (which open out onto the front garden) and sat with the sun shining in, drinking our morning tea. Beautifully peaceful and a very relaxing start to our day. The bathroom had everything we needed, and with response to a previous comment about there being no door - the curtain worked perfeclty well and I felt this was part of the whole style of the room and the house - a boutique B&B!! Breakfast was served both in the conservatory and out on the lawn which was fantastic. It really felt like we were abroad somewhere!! There was a great choice of food and the cooked breakfast was very yummy. The staff were so friendly and very keen to make sure we really enjoyed our stay, they recommended some great places to eat and things to do (as we had never visited Sandbanks before this was really helpful!). The B&B is superbly located for everything you need - 10mins walk to the beach and great restaurants and bars. I thought the honesty bar was a fab idea, when we returned from our evening dinner we helped ourselves to a lovely bottle of wine and sat in the garden. This was a great feature and finished our evening off perfectly! When we reluctantly had to check out, the staff were again fantastic and not only showed us around some of the other rooms (which were just gorgeous - especially the Grand Suite!!) they also helped us organise our afternoon so we made the most of our day in Sandbanks before we had to return home! We left feeling totally relaxed, very happy customers and great friends with Tracey, Stephanie and Rosie. We will most definately be returning as soon as we can and will be recommending this beautiful B&B to all our friends and family!"

• Travel date: 1st July 2009

Fantastic B&B - worth every penny

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"This was our second time at Luminiere. We arrive with a trailer full of boats and bags of sailing kit. But the staff are never phased, and always incredibly helpful. The room is spacious enough for two adults and two children (on inflatable mattresses) plus all of the sailing kit! The breakfast is delicious, and set us up for a day on the water. It's also quiet and the beds are very comfortable. All in all, we can't fault it. It is a really nice place with very nice people."

• Travel date: 1st July 2009

Pricey but nice

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"We spent a long weekend here in June luckily getting it cheaper than advertised though at £150 per night, still pricey. On arrival, the parking could be a bit tricky if there were more than 6 or 7 cars on the drive. On gaining access you can see the place is beautifully decorated with a reading room, conservatory/dining area and large private garden with several places to sit. The staff were extremely helpful and attentive. On being shown to our room - "The Kings Room" we couldnt believe on a sunny day how dark the room was; decorated in black (from floor to ceiling) with hints of silver, with black bed covers. The lights in the room were not particularly powerful and even in the middle of the day; all the lights were required because there was virtually no natural light with only 2 small windows. The room also opens out on to where breakfast was served in the morning. As the other reviewer has pointed out there is no toilet door only a curtain which let's be honest doesnt offer much privacy even if you are with the one you love!! We werent offered fresh towels or additional toiletries on our second day which for a 5*, we were a little surprised at. During our last evening there, I had to open the front door to other guests after they rang the doorbell (@ 11:30pm!) because they had trouble with the lock mechanism which was rather fiddlely. Breakfasts were delicious with plenty to chose from and again staff were really great. The hotel is well placed for Sandbacks, the harbour (just a walk down the hill) and Poole where there is plenty to see/do. We would probably stay here again but we would firstly have to a)save up and b)we would stay in a different room."

• Travel date: 30th June 2009

Not quite what we expected for the price!!

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"Before I get to the bad stuff, let me just say the staff at the hotel were very friendly! However, and I have to admit it's quite a big however!!...being friendly wasn't worth the money we paid for the accommodation! We called to book a room and were told of the rooms that were available. We had the choice of Hideaway, Crazy Gold and the Kings Room. We chose the Kings room and were told that out of the 3 that was the room she would pick, so we were happy with our choice. When we arrived we were stood on the door step waiting for 5 minutes trying to get in as the door bell didn't work. That aside once in, the decor in the communal areas is lovely and very clean, so were instantly happy with our choice of hotels. We were shown to our room, which was on the ground floor...Looks lovely on the web pictures, but that picture doesn't tell the whole story and neither do the staff when you call up and book!! The first thing we noticed when we entered the room was that there was no door on the shower room, just a curtain (see pic attached) , which alone is no biggy but the window in the shower room didn't open. It is compact but well decorated and equipped. The room has lovely big windows and french doors to the right hand side of the bed....however, these open up into the breakfast room (see pic attached)! When other guests are sat outside of the room's windows having breakfast, they may as well be sat on the end of the bed as we could hear every word they said and so found ourselves whispering in the mornings!! The room does get quite warm in nice weather and the only available ventilation for the room comes through two small windows on the far side that due to them being right next to huge bushes down the side of the house get no fresh air being circulated and very little light, so has very little effect to the heat of the room. From observation it looks like all the other rooms have windows opening onto the outside of the building offering fresh air and light. Little touches such as the bottles of highland spring that were in our room, were obviously just bottles filled with tap water as the seal was broke on both the bottles in our room. I do not have a problem with drinking tap water, I just think it is ridiculous to try and fool customers into thinking you are drinking an unopened bottle of mineral water! Also the complimentary toiletries were not replaced on a daily basis even when they had been used. I don't want to sound completely negative to the Luminiere because the room was of a good size, was unusually decorated and was clean and the cooked breakfast was lovely, but was no were near worth the money we paid for the two nights. It is also in a beautiful location and is a great base to go off and explore the surrounding area. Sandbanks and Poole also offered some great places to eat. If we had been told that the room windows looked out directly onto the breakfast room and there was no door on the toilet, then we could of had the opportunity to make an informed decision about the room we chose and not been disappointed with our stay. I would not, not recommend people stay here, as had we been in another room our stay may have been fabulous. I would however recommend that people don't stay in the Kings Room!"

• Travel date: 22nd June 2009

First Class!!

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"A highly recommended Boutique Hotel. The staff are great, the rooms are of the highest standard, the breakfast was perfect and the decor and furnishing was beautiful. This place is absolutely First Class. The beds are really comfortable too. In the summer they will open up the garden which is so picturesque. Only minutes from the beach and they offer a chauffeur service to wherever you need. I would recommend this place whatever your reason for staying in the are, but especially for a romantic break!! Tracy and the staff were an absolute joy, they are friendly and attentitive."

• Travel date: 28th March 2009

Beautiful boutique B & B

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"My partner and I stayed for just a night over a weekend here but we had a wonderful stay. We stayed in a huge beautiful room with a huge bathroom! the whole house is beautifully decorated, the owner has gone to a real effort to make the place look amazing - which it does! Breakfast was delicious and served in a wonderfully bright conservatory. I really couldn't fault this place! When I return in the summer I will definitely be booking in here!"

• Travel date: 10th February 2009