Travelodge Bournemouth Seafront Hotel

Comfortable and Quiet

Reviewed Mon 6th of July 2015

"We had 2 nights here and found this hotel convenient for the beach and a pub on the corner. It was clean and the breakfast very filling. The room was small but clean and the bed allowed us a good night's sleep sleep. This is an old building not a purpose built Travel Lodge eso our bathroom wasn't quite up to the standard of a modern building but if you book in advance and get the room at a good price you have all you need. Our only problem was that no local buses seemed to run nearby so we had to walk and there are a few steep inclines to the town center and back and the steps to the beach were very tiring to us being an older couple."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of July 2015

very basic

Reviewed Fri 31st of October 2014

"My husband and I stayed here on 29th Sept to 3rd Oct. when we checked in I told Dan that it was my husbands birthday and our anniversary in a few days at that he said he would give us a room with sea view which was very nice. Room was clean and a nice size but only one chair for two people. But my husband drop some crumbs on the floor but the room was not cleaned properly as it was still there when we left. Also on return home from the hotel we left our phone charger plugged in. We tried to email and also sent a letter to them to ask for it to be returned but with no reply so be prepared if you leave something do not expect to get a reply. "

• Travel date: Fri 31st of October 2014

Great Travelodge - breakfast let it down though

Reviewed Sun 31st of March 2013

"Stayed here for two nights early June. Really impressed with the way they have refurbished what was an old hotel. Staff were lovely, rooms very clean and bed very comfortable.

For us the only thing that let it down was the breakfast that was served each morning. The first morning we went down we were told there were no sausages as they had run out. Second morning we were greeted by a harrassed member of staff who announced that she was on her own that day and to enjoy our cereals as there was no cooked food available at that time as she needed to cook more!. Felt really sorry for her as she had to cook, clear tables, wash up etc. The management should be ashamed of themselves.

All in all though, we had a good stay and would recommend to anyone, however would look outside of the hotel if you want breakfast"

• Travel date: Fri 11th of June 2010

Enjoyable stay ......

Reviewed Fri 22nd of March 2013

"Just spent five lovely days here.
Room, washing facilities, linen and towels spotlessly clean and fresh.
Bed and pillows very comfy and just loved the power shower!
Basic, no frills but spotless and comfortable.
Found all staff friendly, very nice and most helpful .... did their job and gave that bit more. Felt welcomed .... thank you .... will certainly return."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of May 2010

Convenient, clean & good value

Reviewed Tue 2nd of April 2013

"Newly refurbished, the rooms are fairly basic but very clean & quiet.

A great location but limited parking. Quick and easy check-in - weekend midday check-out really convenient.

Recommended, we would definitely stay again."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of May 2010

Cotton wool required....

Reviewed Sat 30th of March 2013

"I have just returned after spending two nights at this hotel. I have stayed at a number of travelodge hotels over the years. Unfortunately I was given a room by the stairs & lift & was unable to sleep all night because everytime someone came along my corridor the door would bang. Also my room was above the main entrance & people returning to the hotel felt that it was acceptable to shout & say their goodbyes in their loudest voices at 2am! I will say however that the following morning when I mentioned the above to the reception staff they gave me the keys to a number of rooms & asked me to pick one. Unfortunately one of the keys I was given belonged to a male who was still sleeping in it!!!! The other rooms were not much better so decided to stay put. The second night was less eventful & I at last could get some sleep. The best breakfast is the one at the Irish bar & only cost £4.00. The one at the hotel cost £7.50. Still a fan of travelodge, they are the only hotels I can afford to stay at."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of May 2010

Wonderful

Reviewed Tue 26th of March 2013

"We stayed for 6 days and had a wonderful time. The room was clen and comfortable, and serviced daily to a high standard. The location could have not been better. The hotel doesn't have enough parking, but we found a spot in the road."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of May 2010

Perfect. Great location for BIC, brand new inside, spotless, cheap

Reviewed Mon 1st of April 2013

"I was attending a conference at the Bournemouth International Centre (BIC) and just needed somewhere cheap to put my head down. This hotel was perfect for my needs.

The hotel is situated just one building back from the seafront, and a five minute walk along the clifftop to the BIC. There are about 15-20 parking bays provided free onsite and if it's full you can park on the adjoining roads which are not parking controlled.

The hotel is in an old building but has been completely gutted and redone from scratch internally.

The rooms are a fair size and there's no frills but gives you everything you may need: a comfortable bed and pillows, clean linen, good lighting, a desk perfect for a laptop, wall mounted LCD with 6-8 channels including the BBC news channel and kids channels. The bathroom was spotlessly clean - toilet, basin and a powerful hot shower.

Meals are available in the ground floor cafe but I recommend you look around locally for a better selection and better pricing. For breakfast I recommend the nearby Safari Hotel who do a cooked breakfast for just GBP3.95. The Irish pub next door has a selection of lunch dishes for GBP5.

Only gripe is the wifi internet service provided by Spectrum Interactive is a huge ripoff - GBP20 for 2 days, GBP10 for 1 day. I pay half that for a whole month at home - and get 10 times the speed.

Book early and online for the best pricing."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of April 2010

Excellent

Reviewed Wed 3rd of April 2013

"We were a bit worried due to some previous negative reports.. However we stayed one night and the hotel looks as though it has been through a big renovation programme.

Rooms very clean and modern .
Bed very comfy. Linen & towels spotless
Breakfast very good. (Extra charge)
Bathroom. No bath only shower.. BUT what a fantastic shower ! ....Really Powerful
Parking .. Limited
Noise.. We had no problem

Great for short breaks...We would certainly stay again"

• Travel date: Thu 15th of April 2010

A quantum leap for Travelodge!

Reviewed Thu 21st of March 2013

"Well! That came as a surprise.... Quite some time since we have bothered with Travelodge. Lower end of the lower end really. NEW HOTEL ON BOURNEMOUTH SEAFRONT... Oh yes? And? .... It was lovely. There's a restaurant on site... ok it's a bit BHS or Woolies, but hey.. it serves food in the evening, (Which we don't want) AND BREAKFAST!! which we do!
We arrived at 3.30ish.. 'Parking is restricted....' No real surprise.. there's hardly a hotel in Bournemouth where that isn't the case. No spaces but it's only a short wander to a good car park nearby and no hassle there. We were greeted by a smiling and cheerful young lady who made us welcome and when we asked for 'as high up as possible..' put us on the 4th floor with a great view. (Thanks Holly!)
The rooms are basic but new. That's what they do, get used to it. Good lighting, fresh decor, windows that allow fresh air in but keep the seagulls out... Good size double bed and a clean fresh bathroom. In room tray well stocked... enough towels to get us dry etc. Slightly quirky TV.. Only freeview channels but ok for all that.
Breakfast is served from an early 8am to a very civilised 11am on weekends. Go early! It gets busy.. Food was freshly cooked, limited cooked choice but as much as you can eat of eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, etc. and quite a wide variety of cereals and fruit.
All in all, we were pleased and pleasantly surprised here. It was cheap, clean and fun. What more can you ask for a 'One night stand!' It's in the heart of things... Near the BIC and the clubs of Bournemouth. It's staffed by nice people and it's bright and cheery."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of April 2010

Fantastic Location

Reviewed Fri 29th of March 2013

"This is a Travelodge - so you know what you are going to get, basic room with basic facilities. But this hotel has a fantastic location on the West Cliff. A 1/4 mile walk from the pier, beach, winter gardens etc. I got a deal for £29.00 for the night and couldn't believe I could get so close to the town centre at that value."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of March 2010

Just Fantastic

Reviewed Thu 4th of April 2013

"Loved this Hotel, bright clean and modern, top marks to all staff of whom where all friendly and very helpfull,best travelodge we have stayed in and a return visit is defo on the cards."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of March 2010

Hotels near Travelodge Bournemouth Seafront Hotel

Top traveller tips for Travelodge Bournemouth Seafront Hotel

• Vivienahmed by Vivienahmed

"Get some fresh milk and use the water in the bar area to make a cuppa. "

• Pauline r by Pauline r

"very good for shops and restaurants "

Travelodge Bournemouth Seafront Hotel is also called