About Travelodge Bournemouth Hotel

• paid wifi
  • pets allowed
  • paid internet

Good

We have stayed at this travelodge severa...

Reviewed Mon 22nd of September 2008

"We have stayed at this travelodge several times over the last 3 years, usually we have had no cause to grumble.

The last time we stayed, the room was quite dirty, especially the bathroom. We moved the bed settee fowards, up against the double bed to stop my son falling out and found tissues and rubbish under it. The toilet rolls were not replaced after the last occupants.

I will say this was the only time, all the other times it has been clean and tidy with new toilet rolls every time. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again it's good value for money and a good base to explore the area."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of September 2008

I recently went away with my friends (11...

Reviewed Thu 12th of July 2007

"I recently went away with my friends (11 of us) for a stag night out in Bournemouth.

I had a really good time and we all had a great laugh. I highly recommend Bournemouth for a stag weekend, we spent all day sat and sun lazing around on the beach (which is lovely) and then we ate at Alcatraz (Italian restaurant) which is very nice and reasonably priced.

We moved on to a few bars along Christchurch Road which were very lively and very fun. We finished our night out at Elements which is a brilliant club, there are lots of different rooms that all play different styles of music, therefore it caters for everyone.

There are loads of bars and clubs in Bournemouth so it is perfect for weekends away and stag/hen nights, it would also be very good for couples as there are lots of eateries.

Everywhere is well within walking distance from each other so very handy.

I thought Bournemouth was a great night out and is highly recommended!"

• Travel date: Thu 12th of July 2007

Large room, new , clean but shoddy fittings

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"The cost was £70, if you are able to book in advance you can get it much cheaper. The room was on a noisy busy main road. It was a very large room with just one small side chair and the bed, quite weird. The double glazing was very poor, the small second window was adjar, the handle came off and cut my hand trying to shut it. The door to the room didn't fit the frame and you had to elbow your way in. The finish was tatty in the extreme, the cheapest fittings and poorest workmanship . It was very clean though and despite a stage party staying we had no noise from them. The bar was skipped due to the stag party but they moved on, to the pub next door but one where we went! The staff looked exhausted, same people in morning as night before. Parking was ok and its only minutes from the town centre.Extra pillows were readily handed over at reception. Just one towell each provided. Best if you can get as a bargain but Bournemouth is expensive and you could pay £150 and get a lot worse."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of August 2006

Good value for money

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"My husband and I stayed two nights [22nd/23rd June] it was a last minute trip to get some sea air [which cured my London hay fever] we looked at other hotels on the net but this seemed what we wanted on reading reviews. We paid £70 for the room per night for a king size bed and en-suite bathroom which did include a bath with a great shower. No fancy toiletries or hair dryer, but a useful kettle with tea/coffee etc [no bickies though!] the bed was VERY soft as someone else commented - the plastic sheet over the mattress was annoying especially as it was a hot evening. We did experience a 3.30am wake-up from a crowd of revellers on our floor. We had asked for a quiet room which was on the 3rd floor overlooking the car park at the back of the hotel, so were surprised to hear anything. We were going book a third night, but changed our mind due to the disturbance. We did not have the breakfast, it did not look worth the £6.50 and we found a nice place up the road for half the cost. The location is excellent and overall it was definitely value for money. We ate in the Brewers Fayre, 3 doors up, for our first night's evening meal - it was ok for the money but if you like fish and chips, go to Harry Ramsden by Bournemouth pier. Be warned that you have to pay for parking everywhere [except in hotel area] there are loads of buses outside the hotel. Would definitely go to another Travelodge again."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of June 2006

pleasant weekend at the travellodge

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"Stayed at the hotel 16th and 17th June 2006. The hotel is very clean, as it should be not being very old. The room had a shower only, no bath. King size bed. I had feared noise from others as the building was full, but heard hardly a thing, which you get at all Travellodges. Travellodge seem to be cutting back even further to save costs but if that means cheaper room prices then that's OK by me. The downside I have to say was the breakfast, this cost 6.50 for a buffet style, the quality of the cooked food ws poor, but you do not have to have it and I would probably not, when I stay here again in the future. The staff were polite, friendly and helpful. I paid 45 pounds per night. The location is good about 1-mile into town centre, the carpark is small and I ended up parking in the street but this was no problem as it was close by and with no cost."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of June 2006

Excellent location and hotel

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"The travel lodge in Bournemouth was clean, modern and it has easy access to the beach. We paid £26 for the first night and £70 for the second night. We stayed in room 123; this was a family room for me, my husband and daughter. The room has a TV, kettle with coffee, tea, milk and sugar and a powerful shower with bath. My daughter slept on the sofa bed which she states was very comfortable. My bed was too soft and after the second night the bed started to hurt my back. The sheets were all clean and the bath towels were very new.
You must have the breakfast it is £6.50 and you can eat as much as you like. There was scrambled egg, bacon, sausages, beans, harsh browns, mushrooms, toast, cereal, fruit juice, tea, coffee, Muller yogurts, croissants, jams and fruit. Kids under 10 eat free. They serve evening meals but we didn’t try them.
Parking was free; there was probably room for 40 cars. In the day there were lots of spaces but towards late afternoon, early evening we didn’t want to risk moving the car because it becomes almost impossible to find a space.
The beach was approx a 10 minute walk away, so it was very convenient. If you drive to the beach you will then have to pay to park your car (£1 for 2hours). You can also take your car right down to the sea front I think this was around £6.50. We found a free car park near one of the beaches and close to the hotel; sorry I can not remember how to get there. The sand and sea were very clean. Be careful to apply your sun cream as I got burnt. The temperature was only 16 and it was cloudy most of the time.
The town has lots of shops and there is an Asda about 10 minutes walk from the hotel, it is just off the main roundabout near the hotel. If you have any questions just ask."

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of June 2006

Great value for money

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Stayed for one night last summer. Hotel very busy. Free car parking. Staff friendly. Room clean. Overlooked main road. Noisy. Would recommend room at back if you want a quieter room. My elderly mother had a disabled room which she was very pleased with. Great value for money on the £26 tarrif. Didn't try hot breakfast on offer. Have booked again."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of April 2006

Clean,Fresh value for money Hotel

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"Stayed at the Travelodge in October. As the hotel is new all the fixtures and fitting are fresh and clean which is good. Hotel staff really friendly and helpfully glad i stayed so much so i have booked to stay again in April.Travelodge offered excellent value for your money."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of January 2006

Absolutely dreadful.

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"Terrible stay on a Saturday Night in Nov 2005. We were kept awake for most of it by drunks in the rooms above us. The Night Porter just wasn't interested. When we went down to see him a second time, 1|2 an hour after the first complaint, he was sat in Reception watching widescreen TV!!!
A complaint to Travelodge has passed their 10 day response time with NO response. Don't go there!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of November 2005

VERY PLEASED WITH THE TRAVELODGE

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"Stayed at the travelodge August 2005, and was very pleased with the standard of the hotel. Rooms are extremely clean and a good size. We were in a family room, comprising of a double bed and a bed/settee. The only problem we had was that the double bed mattress was a bit too soft. Did not hear any noise throughout the stay from other guests. Did not take the breakfast on offer but had lunch and was pleased with the choice of menu (pub menu type food). The hotel is around a half mile from the beach and takes around 20 minutes to walk into the town. Plenty of buses outside the hotel entrance. Overall we were really happy with the hotel and the staff were also very friendly and accomodating."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of August 2005

Pleasant Surprise

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"We were planning a weekend trip to Bournemouth and found that all of our first choice hotels were fully booked. Reluctantly we booked into the Travelodge but we were very pleasantly surprised with the standard of acommodation.

The Travelodge is brand new and furnished to a high standard. The rooms are a good size, well decorated and squeaky clean. The doors are thick and heavy and I suspect the rooms have been sound-proofed because we didn't hear any of the other guests despite the hotel being very full and it being a weekend.

Breakfast is an extra £6.50 but is good value as an 'all you can eat' buffet.

My only negative points are that the beds are pretty cheap and poor quality. We found them very soft and the whole bed moved when just one of us stirred in the night. Also there is limited parking in the underground carpark. If you arrive late at busy times you might have to park in the side road.

Overall I found the Travelodge good value and would certainly return."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of July 2005